Register now to get rid of these ads!

**Sacramento Autorama 2008 Pics**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusk, Feb 10, 2008.

1. I was gonna go to this, but I was attacked with a knife and couldn't make it up there. So, thanks very much for the pics, Byran...

CP

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cool pics... I was going to go but at the last minute decided not to. wish I had seen the pics earlier!! I was afraid it would be kind of sucky like SFRC and it's close to 2 hours one way from here.

went to your website and checked out the whole show. man I should have gone....guess ther's always next year.

thanks for posting.

3. johnnykck

johnnykck

thanks for posting this pic, it's a bike that I built for a guy in Sweden. The front end is a handmade reproduction of a Indian spring fork. The backbone of the fork was made by Kiwi Indian Cycles, the rockers, the ankers, the struts and the rest was fabed by my self, it runs a Harley dual action drumbrake and hub.
    There's more pic's of the build on my website, if any body is interested.

4. lonely king

lonely king

thanks for the pics ,really nice ride..

5. lonely king

lonely king

thanks for the pics ,really nice rides..

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Single diget here in the midwest. Your car show coverage sure warmed the place up for a few minutes. Thanks bud!:cool:

7. bonesy

bonesy

Man, I want to be in Sacramento! Warm temp and cool cars - I'm jealous. Thanks for posting the pictures.

8. We'll save a spot for ya next year Phil.

Nice work...that bike really stood out.

Bryan

9. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Hey Bryan sorry I didn't see you there but it looks like you were there either Thursday or Friday while they were still up. I wasn't going to go but scored some free passes and glad I did. Lots of nice cars there. Got to see Eddies Chop car up close and was promised a ride in it. Like it or not there's a lot of quality craftsmenship there.

10. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Bryan, good seeing you man.

The show was the best I have seen in a long time!

And the Weather was perfect!

I think it sucks that the Munsters Coach was put away with the stereo shit...

But we did get some cool pictures with Uncle George Barris!

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for sharing the pics. Makes me excited about going to the Autorama in Detroit next month. Winter sucks and indoor car shows are about the only way to feed your habit here in frozen northern Michigan. Oh yea, the HAMB helps also:cool::D.

Frank

12. GOONZ

GOONZ

Hey Bryan I Was Sad To See You Didn't Post Any Photos Of The Awesome 69 Custom Camaro With 59 Caddy Tailights, God There Was Some Ugly Stuff There, Thanks For Taking The Time To Post The Pics

13. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

No wonder I didn't see it, I didn't even go over there. Had no desire to see the stereo stuff and the imports.

14. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

No shit!!!!

15. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Ahh C'mon Bruce, we know you have a soft spot for loud stereos and Import cars!

Haha, Honestly there were a ton of cool cars in the buildings right around there...The Stereos and Imports were in 2 of the 7 buildings, the other 5 had some nice stuff.

A bunch of Bone Stock 55-7 Chevys and a couple of cool Oldsmobiles...

I was just bored walking around by myself so I wandered that way, and one of the rooms had some bad ass old bikes, like old Schwinns and JC Higgins bikes and such.

16. That is the least bitchen Camaro ever...I will take the '53 Corvette grill, though.

Brent...good to see you again. Keep me posted on your show...if my car's ready, I'll roll down.

We definitely got lucky with the weather this year...it seems like it's rained most of the years I've been. You guys remember how loud the rain was in the pavilion last year?!

Bryan

17. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

anyone know what won the Americas Most Beautiful Custom Award??

18. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Yeah, I do. It was so loud you could hardly hear the music at times.

19. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

There is a recent thread on here, It went to that Mercules thing from Austrailia...

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

21. shop rag

shop rag

Thanks for posting the pics. No way I could've made it to the show.

22. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

My cousin, Mike Smith the owner and operator of California Hot Rods built this car. There's a lot of really neat stuff on this car. The owner collected vintage speed equipment for 10 years with this car in mind. The car started as his grandfathers restored parade car. Mike took the body and all of ross' collection and did the rest. Car took 1st in class this weekend too. Congrats to both mike and ross. I included a couple other photos to give everyone an Idea of what's going on underneath that body.
    johnny

Attached Files:

23. Skimmer

Skimmer

Great pics ........Thanks

24. Thanks Mike...this was a good year for the Autorama. Don't get me wrong, there were PLENTY of WTF cars like there always is, but the traditional and traditionally styled cars were way up from previous years.

I was actually there super early on Sat during setup....roamed around and took all my pics in the morning so I could drink beers and BS with friends. Met a lot of cool people, saw a bunch of HAMBers too...good times.

Thanks again to everyone for the good words on the pics.

Bryan

25. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

Are those snowmobile track studs used for the grill?

26. kopis

kopis

Thanks much for the pics!
    Good stuff!

27. wtf happened? Im assuming your ok now...

28. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

The plate on the back of the Orange T-bird says it all.

29. bigken

bigken

Sweety, is it a bit nippley up there? :eek: You ought to head south.....:rolleyes:
    Miss ya dear.
    BigKen