Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel Pump Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ivanogburn, Feb 10, 2008.

1. I have determined I need to replace the manual fuel pump on my small block Chevy 350. I am running a Holley 670 Street Avenger carb. I have looked at what is available for my engine and see that the prices range from $90 down to $43. I am considering the Holley 80GPH pump. But the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Summit</st1:place></st1:City> or JEGS brand appears to be the same and is at least $20 cheaper.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Does any one have experience with these store brands and are they worth a try? Should I be looking a 110GPH instead of the 80? What is the most dependable brand?
    <o:p></o:p>
    The pumps I have looked at:
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Summit</st1:place></st1:City> (80) $43 / (110) $53
    JEGS (80) $45 / (110) $55
    Holley (80) $64 / (110) $72
    Edelbrock (110) $90
    Carter (120) $72
    Mr. Gasket (80) $60

2. dirty mikey

dirty mikey
    from chicago IL

have had luck using the carter strip pump,and holley pump in the past carte had 9psi and holley had a constant 6

3. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

IMHO Carter is the most reliable. Thats what i use.

4. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

I've had a few problems with Holley 'blue' pumps, but for the money they're ok. Had the best luck with the Aeromotive street/strip(ss) fuel pump for daily drivers.