Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. ram-rod

ram-rod

oh my eyes my eyes What a thread keep up the great work sled

2. sled

sled

Ram-rod,you bet ....is good fun for me to find all these junk...

to anybody lookin the thread: feel free to inquire if you're lookin for cars also...cannot keep everything,is insane

some stuff gotta go....glad to help!!!

just PM me...sled

3. loggy

loggy

Dude,just how many cars do you own at any one time man,you have a crazy amount of finds coming in/out of your possession!:eek::D

Did you make the deal on that 36 3window coupe?

4. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

Ditto on that! That car is worth some big bucks. Iv'e seen rotted ones go for big money. Your better off selling it to fund more vintage iron! Save all you can!

5. sled

sled

Loggy,well...i have some shit layin a around and the human nature wants always more...is insane,i know!!

but luckily i'm not like many that want to keep everything and NOT fixin ...i'm glad to find the most i can and sell to friends or guys interested on that specific car worldwide,let em move on...
    to make lot of others happy too...

i know i'm VERY lucky here in Mexico to find this stuff....not many places in the world are like this anymore,even South America..

but personally i'm totally into trad kustoms /rods...so,i let all the 50's stuff go...and some 40's too...no worries!

got already all my wanted cars in project stage...and as you know i'm buildin the Merc 50 too...

after the 50 will be the turn of the 40 Merc coupe ,full kustom..that will be much faster cause the great conds overall...

Loggy,about the 36 3w (the blue one) ...NOT yet!!!but get this :an old guy called me long distance and he's willin to sell his cars finally including a all original conds running 36 3w (also blue)/ a 40 ford coupe in great conds(never seen this one yet) and a RARE Caddy 38 coupe,series 75...only 42 made of these,for sale...

i'm waitin pix very soon..as soon i have em ,i'll post em right away...

yeah,i'm addicted...

6. sled

sled

Rockabilly bus,yeah..the 42 hearse stays original of course...is too rare to just modify it..and actually is in great preserved original conds...no worries!

yep,i keep going on my junk savin mission,you bet....too much fun!!

7. rockabillybus

rockabillybus

You don't see any around my parts, I know a guy here in town with quite a nice Caddy collection and he doesn't have one. I would say that the hearse from what I can tell in the photos is in excellent shape and would bring a lot of dough just as it sits. But if it is something that you want to keep have at it. I personally would sell it and have enough money to finish a car and buy some more projects. I think one sold on Barret last year. Get some more info on this car before you do anything to it.

8. sled

sled

Rockabilly bus,thanx for the infos...i'm not an hearse expert,far from taht..actually i was impressed about the HUGE response and offers i had thru Hamb...and i started to get infos ,cause i love em anyway...

i falled in love with those black art deco marble window inserts,unreal shit!!you appreciate the lost caftman art applied,and the taste too...interesting to me!

there are so many details to watch anyway..

Yep,i i decide to sell it i will fist get many more infos,of course....

Is true also what you say,you can't keep them all..but prefer to sell most common cars ,like the 50's and eventually some 30's stuff...looks common compared to this hearse!!

hey,get this : talkin about hearses a mexican friend some years ago lost 5 Caddy/la Salle hearse from the 40's in a flood...and talkin with another guy he knew about that loss cause in the riverbed was also sittin a Merc 49/50 coupe in graet conds,only 1 door missing..and when he tried to buy it all cars were lost forever..too late!!!

9. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

Nice hearse, how about a 'death rod'?

10. primer

primer
    from clio mich

sled i will be in mexico city 2/9/08 for one week hanging with a buddy who is a car freek too. if you dont mind i would like to get in touch with you, and let you guys talk. maybe we could hang out for a day.

11. sled

sled

Primer,i PM'd you already..check it out!!

12. I started reading your swiss cheese thread then found this one.
    Where do you find the time to build and find these cars?

Awesome job mate.

You deserve a medal for rescuing them.

13. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

That LeSalle Cathedral hearse is to remain stock(restored to original condition)..There were only 4 ever produced,and three surviving,one showroom restored that was appraised at over $80,000...Sled's is a pure survivor,and would go for a shitload of cash..I already talked to him numerous times regarding that hearse,and told him that if he made it into a custom,I would break his legs(that's a promise due to the rarity of this vehicle)...

14. sled

sled

Reverend,thanx for infos of the La Salle 38....gotcha!!no worries...stays stock!
    But what about the last Buick 35 hearse i sent pics of???
    Need your expertise here...very curious to know about this one!!
    again,this car is totally original ,never touched...fully running and almost show conds....
    rare as hell...
    PM me,thanx....sled

15. 51-322special

51-322special
    BANNED

hey ..pinche loco!.. que parte de mexico? i go to mexicali alot and find my self some unusual finds.

16. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Amazing absolutely amazing!!! Love this Thread, I check everyday for updates. Keep it up Sled!!!!!!

17. sled

sled

LIFESTYLZ,well...all is about logistics,contacts and SWEAT mate...you gotta move a lot to get all these stuff...but basically after some with lots of contacts stuff comes to me naturally...
    ah,also an impressive amount of LUCK too...

18. sled

sled

51-322special...gracias por el Loco,man...but i'm sure lots of Hambers are more crazy than me..there is no cure as you probably know...
    all over man...of course in the sea areas not much around,too salty
    don't know much Mexicali area,but would love to take a look...

19. Stumptown Shoebox

Stumptown Shoebox

sled,

This is the coolest thread I've ever seen. Thank you for rescuing this stuff! I'll be in Santiago Tianguistenco in a couple of weeks, can't make it to Mexico City though. Keep up the good work, I look forward to an update!

20. Yep. The contacts and networking are vital.
    Just curious as I read on another thread a guy saying there is
    nothing in Mexico worth looking at. Re cars etc.
    You sure have proved that bit wrong aye...

21. Attila

Attila
    BANNED
    from TX

Sled, all the pics and stories have been entertaining to say the least... Thanks for your time, it is continually appreciated!!!

Also, you have more than 1 self-proclaimed hearse enthusiast around here with all the out of print books if you desire more feedback. :p

22. Thumper

Thumper

23. sled

sled

Kimb82
    Stumptown shoebox
    Attila
    Thumper

Thanx guys for the appreciation...i feel that many of you all over the world would love to be in my place for sure...so,the least i can do is just share a bit...
    stay tuned,more to come....

24. Pig (OINKS)

Pig (OINKS)

G’Day, I found your thread and have spent many days reading thru, FANTASTIC!
    ><O:p></O:p>
    I saw the above and recognised the A Coupe and Red ‘32 Roadster as belonging to the Father of a friend of mine who I chat to over the internet, I showed Ahmed today and he was blown away and cannot wait to show his Father the pictures of his Cars on this thread… Ahmed told me that the Tour his Father took them on was in the Roadster so it was very cramped, more so than it would have been in the A Coupe! :D
    <O:p></O:p>
    I am also blown away by the Cars you keep finding, I cannot believe it, I am sure you could find 3W Coupes or Mercury’s Blind Folded! :confused:
    We did not have so many cool Cars here from new in Australia, but we did have many Body styles in Ford, Chevy and Chrysler that were unique to our Country that were sold no where else, so that makes up a little… :p
    I started a thread where people could post pictures of old Cars here in Australia and many have contributed over the past couple of years and it has now grown to over 100 Pages, it has many pictures of old Cars laying in their natural state slowly rusting away, if you are interested you can see it here;
    Old Tin Section
    Keep up the fantastic job of finding all of that Old Tin over there, I can hardly wait for the next great find! ;)
    Cheers, Pig (OINKS)

25. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Pig,I checked out this pic in your posts...forget the rusty old thing in front...the Dehavilland Vampire in the background is .....phew!!:eek: and a Helicopter? take a cocky to an auction with last years wool cheque and look out!
    [​IMG]

26. Pig (OINKS)

Pig (OINKS)

Yeah there is still a fair bit of 'junk' still laying around waiting to be discovered, :rolleyes: from memory that would have been one of munchr's posts from Victoria, that guy is like Sled, he must have a high iron content in his blood as he can sniff out Old Tin regardless what it is made of like a magnet... :D

Pig (OINKS)

27. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Damn < I was hoping it would out around Ippy somewhere,I always wanted a Jet fighter....:D

28. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

I'm pretty sure I emailed you back on that Buick..Buy it is all I can tell you here..Check your emails..Or your PM's..I'm still doing research on it..

29. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

It's because Sled's starting to own it all...

30. sled

sled

PIG,thanx..glad you like the rescue from this side of the world...lot of fun for sure!!
    hey ,i've been already thru ALL your old tin thread and well..lot of junk ,really!!
    impressive work from your side,congratulations..
    but you know what??most of the tin down under is from the pommy side,not my kind...
    but sure i do LOVE Utes, mate...for you there is common junk,but is exotic for us elsewhere...
    i plan to came down and buy some of those,a nice filled up container or so...when??don't know mate,but someday...
    sure there is still lot of junk to be entertained,cheers sled