Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all Canadians

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canadianzed, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Not many BC natives answering the call. I am living on Vancouver Island, but am originally from Vernon, where stuff never rusted. Now I live where the everything does. ( but at least its mild climate ).
    Bob

2. is that the event that got rained out..all the eastern guys went too !!

3. Well i posted earlier,but had to thank Fast elvis for those pics. Don't forget we have Some very famous historic cars here too. These pics are of Jack Williams car,Syndicate Scuderia Top Fueler.Certainly one of the most beautiful and successful cars in Canadian history. These pics(not mine)are taken at Mission Raceway,owned and operated by Canada's oldest car club,BC Custom Car Club.This track has phenomenal traction,smooth surface and is at sea level.We often have corrected altitudes below sea level,including a couple of -1600' a few times.

Attached Files:

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Bowtie..... give some history.... thats Beautiful!!!

5. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Right now everything is on VHS, no sound, black and white. First five minutes are not very good, however; the next 1 1/2 hrs are great for old 8 mm....

6. Mmmmmmmmmmmm to tell you truth Rick I'm not sure........have to throw that one out to the rest of the gang to answer.........Anyone there at the time.......I wonder.

7. Still sounds good to me blown32 .............I'm still interested in a copy please.

Do have any personal connection to these drags?

Thanks again!!

8. I bet it "goes like stink"....lol.......:)

Jeff I must pass on my Kudo's for such a great shirt with the cars of the Desjardins Brothers on the front........2 more great Canadian hot rod builders from the by gone days.

I was lucky to grab one off of Mike Lowden.

Attached Files:

9. I'll have to get back to everyone,with some stats,(brain fade,you know)i seem to recall his biggest win,was a Winternationals in the late sixties.Those pics are of the car currently. Lots of western Canada info here. on Larry Pfister's site.www.horsepowerheaven.com Wisenheimer might have more info on Jack's car. Lots of western Canadian cars ran the west coast,from here to California.

10. kanuck442

kanuck442
    from vanisle

Here's whats left of a fiat that I'm told may have been out of St Albert??? Or???? in the late 60's/early 70's. The body ended up on a new chassis now racing in Saskatchewan. Probably was SBC powered back in the day.
    Anyone know any of the cars from the days gone by in that area??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. We also had the very ingenious Bill "Mad Man" Phillips. His technology,is still being developed today,stash this away in your memory,a rotary valve hemi. Many think the leakage problems were a minor setback that can be cured. Don't doubt,there are people working secretly on development of this idea!Imagine a hemi without the cumbersome valvetrain robbing power!!! And every time you look at a differential,and wonder who thought to helically cut the gears,to move the pinion to the bottom of the ring gear. That was Bill's family forefather's. This man,was a genius! Plus one more of Jack Williams.

Attached Files:

12. Cword

Cword

Syndicate Scuderia in 1962

Attached Files:

• 00045.JPG
      00045.JPG
      File size:
      99.2 KB
      Views:
    • 01.JPG
      01.JPG
      File size:
      80.9 KB
      Views:
  13. canadianzed

canadianzed

More stuff from the basement files.
    Ascot Park was WAY before my time(Any help?),( earlier than Nilestown Speedway I believe) but the St. Thomas patch was a late 60's item.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. I like those patches..........my info has Ascot Park in use from 1952 to 1956. I hope this helps. If you have more treasure canadianzed it would be great to keep it coming.....thanks!

15. I like that St Thomas patch..I got the coat here someplace...
    Ok..Here's ONE of my many projects..
    The original "Quarter Pounder" car..now BBC.

Attached Files:

16. chrisbassmansamis

chrisbassmansamis

There are two Bricklins just up the street from me here in Brighton Ontario

17. canadianzed

canadianzed

Still digging thru the basement collection, this ones from the early 70's ( not that we ever did anything illegal on the street ;))

[​IMG]

18. Erwin

Erwin

Brooklin, About 20 minutes north of GM assembly plants in Oshawa.

19. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

I painted the 1/4 pounder

20. when did ya paint it?

21. my granparents came from halifax nova scotia jollimore county i do'nt know much about the area as they passed on when i was young i would like to know more about the area or any family thank you

22. GearHead614

GearHead614

hey Mike here from Acme Alberta , glad to be a member. buildin a 27 T and a 54 Poncho...check it out.....www.vintagerods.ca

23. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Just of interest, how about Stu Hilborn, orginally form Alberta Canada. Mr. Hilborn has certainly had a profound impact on our hobby....

24. Petey

Petey

I'm from Lasalle, right outside of Windsor.

25. Unsafe6

Unsafe6

Hey... From Cranbrook BC How about A Plymouth Cranbrook? Not from here but cool just the same.

26. Thanks Cword, i have never seen pics,from when it had a front mounted blower,although i knew that was why the body had that shape.

27. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hi John.
    That's about 3 hours away from me (Yarmouth). I don't know much about the Jollimore either but quick search using google and www.dogpile.com wound up giving me bunches of stuff.
    In the google search line place the following line:
    jollimore county site:www.rootsweb.com/~nshalifa/
    You will end up with a fair bit of info.
    Halifax is very rich in history. You could spend a large amount of time on this.
    Here is a link that might be of interest.
    http://www.jedh.com/Halifax/halifaxij.htm
    pm me if you have something specific you would really like to know. Not that can get any info but you never know!
    Also.. I thought there were a couple HAMBers from Halifax.
    Joe

28. slow64

slow64
    from MB, Canada

Wow. Better late than never... Winnipeg.

[​IMG]

29. fordcpe

fordcpe

I live just 2 miles from Petey in LaSalle Ontario Petey never brings it up but his Dad is building a very nice 34 ford 3 window with a flathead ford going dark green.Post some pictures for everyone.Here are pics of my car. Darrell

Attached Files:

30. jims50chrysler

jims50chrysler

Beautiful Grafton, Ontario.