Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yeah or Neah?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by easyrid3r, Feb 5, 2008.

1. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

Okay boys im not a big football fan so during the big game I started to chop one of my wagons. Now that the roof is cut im debating if its what I want to do now. Give me your feedback. Also just incase some 59 ford lover freaks out I HAVE 2 OF EVERYTHING so yes its okay to try new things.

Attached Files:

2. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I like it but I was thinking another inch or so:D

3. Gerg

Gerg

Yeah i like it now finish it!

4. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

I wanted to keep the big steering wheel and right now a nice brittle visor would do some great work on a pair of knuckles during a rockford.:cool:

5. 'Mo

'Mo

Nuthin' to do now but section it ! :D

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yeah...and make it a four door hardtop...

R-

7. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

Not true I could section and shorten. Trust me its been on the mind. Just a note: This is a parts car I purchased and a buddy and I got bored on Sunday and started measuring then bam we got to making pencil marks and next thing you know I look up at ol TV box its end of forth and wagon has beginings of a 4 inch chop.

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

here is a chopped and sectioned 54. I think yours needs a section now.

Attached Files:

9. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Looks real nice. What are you going to do for front and rear glass? Those angles look they'd be a challenge.

10. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Matter of taste. You probably will get more that say chop than not to chop. I have a 60 kingswood chevy that I am not going to chop. I think there are a lot of cars and trucks that look better unchopped. Most all of your glass is straight which would be an easier chop than mine. My side glass is curved, Which would be a bitch to get cut down. Either way it is a cool project. Just my $0.02

11. I got a crazy idea. How 'bout cutting the roof and all the window channels completely off and making it sort of a super long Phaeton with a super long convertible top, and no side glass. Just roll over the tops of the doors and rear part smooth and weld the tailgate shut. Put a little skinny mail slot window as a rear window in the convertible top. I think it might look kind of cool and unique.

Or you could also make a sedan delivery out of it. Maybe somebody on here could make some Photoshop pics for you if you had a nice straight on side view of a '59 wagon.

12. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

Love it , good luck lot of work left

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I've got one of those and I never thought about chopping it...until now! Looks ...(like some work)...good! I think a little sectioning is in order also....don't wait until football starts to do it though- next week is the pro bowl or whatever- that'd be a good time!

14. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

as big wagon fan i like it keep the door post gone and dont section it i love big doors but to shorten the length might be cool

15. How do you plan on handling the windshield ?

16. injunjoes

injunjoes

i like it leave it a 4 door hardtop thatd be sweet..

17. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I like it, so HELL YEAH!

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Looks good where it's at. Your dealing with a long ass roof there. Any more and it would look squashed. IMO

No section, too big and wide for that. start to look like a pancake. Chopping and sectioning is all about proportion.

Like was said above, finish it.

GV

19. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

Well may just build it if I get the money Im looking for out of one my 2 door posts(All I own are 59 Fords. No I didnt do it on purpose). I would have to bag it or slam it once I get a chance. Already had disc brake setup. Might need a mild section. The body is SUPER SUPER fat looking right now. I will do a 4 door hardtop if I build it. For those worried about windsheild well thats what Im working on first. Most likely wont be glass. good thing they dont do inspections here. I have 4 windsheilds that I could try cutting. Hell its just metal and glass we have beaches everywhere for windsheilds and there are tons of wrecking yards and you guys for metal. hahaha. Thanks for the feedback. Oh ya by the way. I still have the wagon Im keeping and a post to finish. Sucks that you do have to have priorities.

20. 'Mo

'Mo

Sounds like your priorities are in order. Work out the windshield
    before you get in too deep.
    There was a guy in my neighborhood who cut the top on a '59
    ( Ranchero ). He used a cut stock windshield, and fit the windshield frame to it with the addition of a strip ( several pieces, actually ) of sheetmetal
    along the top edge .
    If you lick that, I agree that a section is in order. Like the man said, it's all about proportion.
    The hardtop idea rocks ! Edsel front sheetmetal is an option.

21. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

hmm.. looks cool to me, i think the section would have to be determined once you slam it, cause to me the whole look of the car will change then!.. I'd like to see some more photos as you move along on this, not your everyday chop at all.
    -Anthony

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Can someone please put some whitewalls with sombreros on this?

23. AD

AD

I dig it,, no slam it,, and that 4 door hard top is a sweet idea

24. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

yeah sure would look great with a nice 3'' section

25. ray

ray
    from colorado

even better, a two door hardtop. get some longer sedan front doors, and take some length out between the door and rear wheel openings, to whatever length works out so you don't have to lengthen the top or lay windows down.

26. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

Like I said. Thanks for the great feedback but my rust free projects are first priority but I am keeping this one now and figuring it out but what I like best is look at the roof lines of both the wagons in the pics. The one not cut is bagged and laying out and the cut one still has a way to go to even match. I hope that I dont disappoint if I dont finish but I do have 2 other cars plus my harley and triumph to finish. Luckily the cars have been getting attention since I broke my food and dont have the ability to ride so the bikes only get started now.