Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nicest rat rod Ive ever seen!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sloppyseconds, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireball Mezcal

Fireball Mezcal
    from Nebraska

What a killer ride! Your checkbook might be smaller than the trailer queens, if that makes it a ratrod to them, so be it.
    CJ

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

sloppy....did you make the gen bracket???if so, did you make 2?????lol
    ive followed this build from day one...you did it perfect bro! just plain perfect!
    and if lovin your RAT ROD IS WRONG....I DONT WANNA BE RIGHT! :p

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

just print this off and hangin it on the grill at shows!:Dim not swift like others on here as to doin photoshops and what not, but they will get the idea!:)

Attached Files:

4. breeder dude thats just wrong

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

bro....do a search for rat penis....images......the guy with mustard on him [or GOD knows what] butt nekked on a couch holdin a rat!...well, thats friggin wrong! ill never eat a hot dog with mustard while lookin at a bbc again:eek:

6. To some , there are only two kinds of rods.
    The trailer queens, that never get driven.
    Rat rods that get driven all the time.
    So you drove it in, It's a rat rod.
    Bob

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, No billet bling wheels, no big blower and no eye searing flame job. Damn, that is why it looks so great.
    Yep, just another one of the great misinformed trying to be part of the action.
    Best thing is to just say "well thanks but it isn't a rat rod It's a traditional hot rod", and point out why in an informative manner.

8. restoroddin

restoroddin

Yup, def. a sweet ride no matter what you call it. What's the powerplant? Olds or Caddy?

9. [​IMG]
    your typical rat rod builder..:D

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Awesome car and conrats on the GNRS awards.
    Mark Morton from Hop Up is trying to get in touch with you.
    Axle

11. You can't really blame 'em. Blame OSR. :D

12. zombo27

zombo27
    from E-town Ky.

Why would you blame OSR? Why would you blame anyone. YOu guys never cease to amaze me. Let's jump on the BLAME train. Come on every body be like us. What a bunch of posers.
    Just remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.
    How about instead of calling people out and calling them "stupid" reach out and educate? NOT helping out is STUPID. If only everyone were as smart as the folks on the HAMB claim to be the world wouldn't be in the shape it is now.
    Why don't you guys lighten the fuck up?

13. gotwood

gotwood
    from NYC

So you bring your car to a show for all to admire and you are pissed about simple questions? What is wrong with asking who built it? Maybe they like the quality and were interested in having work done? Not everybody knows every single engine out there so what is wrong with that? It is not like they asked if it had 3 wheels? I guess you started out at the top of your game.

Why not just tell the guy that it isn't a rat rod and explain the difference? I just do not get the whole problem? He didn't outright insult you or your work as you know by those comments he is not up to speed.

Nice car but then again it seams that you are well aware of that.

I agree next time take out a bat and just hit everyone who asks you anything. Good way to get more people educated in tradtional rods.

14. GatorO'dell

GatorO'dell

You simply have to explane that ratrods dont have flux capacitors. And that what he is looking at is clearly a Delorian!

15. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

Sounds like a FNG tryin' to learn, not yet knowing all the proper terminology. Hey, at least he was admiring rods instead of tuners!

16. What the hell . . . he had the nerve to approach your car and give the best compliments he had. I'm sure he knows very little about our ways, but at least he came to the show and liked what he saw. Beautiful car -- a great example of true craftsmanship . . . call it whatever you like . . . it's all good . . .

17. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Im n a way kinda offended by the FNG comment i may only be 26 but i have always known the difference between a hot rod and rat rod.When i was in grade school my teacher had a little duece coupe that was chopped and channeled and never ever would i have called it a rat rod.Somepeople just don't understand and it seems now days that the term rat rod is generalized and everyone think that a chopped and channeld traditional rod is a rat rod because the term is so mainstream.

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Back Seat Betty and Helen Wheels have both been called rat rods. It's up to US to explain to people the difference.

19. Gigantor

Gigantor

When I first got involved with this local vintage racing club last year, I was speaking with the president of the association about other cars we liked. This dude, pushin 80 if he's a day, was THERE when all this went down and couldn't seem to grasp the difference between a traditional and rat rod car. I described what I was building and what cars I liked and what I felt were "rat rods". He looked at me like I was crazy for insisting there was a difference. What the fuck do I know? I'm just a kid who's still wet behind the ears.

20. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

Super Nice Ride!! Ratrod i think not....what a douche.

21. On the way back from the Pileup on Sunday someone at a gas station told us he really liked our "dune buggies". I was driving my '51 Ford, PBRmeASAP was in his '54 Chev.

Not sure what would qualify either car as a dune buggy, but I still took it as a compliment. :D

22. When will this rat rod shit die. Why can't they just be called what they are and that's hot rods. :rolleyes:

23. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

My tuner neighbor calls my 42' sedan w/ stock suspension a low rider. Just inexperience.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think this beautiful car was built by a 26 year old! You are definitely not considered a young gun anymore. In fact you would have been a old man if this were the mid 50's. Most of these cars were built by guys barely 20 back in then. So even though you may not want to admit it saying "I may only be 26" does not carry much weight anymore. I should know I'm 26 and have been fighting it.:D There are no more excuses.

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

how did you find this old thread? are you searching for rat rods on the hamb?

26. You cannot expect a novice to know the difference between rat rod and traditional. Half the people on this forum can't decide. We now have divisions of what was a hotrod. Many people on this forum think that a traditional rod can only be unpainted, even when the old timers come on with photos and testimony that most cars were painted. It is just a hobby and people have different opinions and tastes.

I hope we all get to the point of enjoying our portion and let the other stuff slide. We continue to have these threads pop up where someone gets their feelings hurt because someone called their car the wrong term. Get over it!

This post has been popping up for almost a year. Chill out, enjoy.
    The sad part is that the car in the starting post is a fantastic car and the post is about feelings being hurt by a misspoken name..

I have been around this hobby since the caveman days and I don't know what somebody wants me to call their car. I just say "hotrod"

27. Look at it this way. Your car made a big enough impression on someone that he saw fit to come up to you and compliment you on it. He may not know the proper terminology but he knew enough to be visibly impressed. I, on the other hand, would merely leave saliva dripping all over it. Exquisite.

28. Brad S.

Brad S.

Run for the hills!
    Zombie thread up from the dead!

29. rodknocker

rodknocker

Too Late!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_rod

30. Well, the FNG is fitting since you pulled this thead outta last winter and jumpstarted it. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.