Register now to get rid of these ads!

willys gasser rolled out on its wheels pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Looks awesome!

If you don't mind me asking, why are the coilovers moved in so close to the center section? I've never seen that before (except on real narrow rear-ends, like on rear-engined dragsters).

2. bigken

bigken

That is sweet, my man. Well worth your efforts............

3. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well i will have tubs in it as well in cas shjould ever want to run 14x32's and they are just inside the frame rails 25 inches apart... thanks ................:cool:

4. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks Ken, you might be thinking about a race between the okies and texans for this summer , one at denton and one at ardmore. Im gonna try to plan such a deal soon.... real race cars regular format... ???red river rivalry on wheels.............:cool:

5. bigken

bigken

Dude - that would ROCK. Love to see something like that. Texans vs. Okies, that will work for sure.
    I am going to put up a major post concerning the Thaw later today/tonight. It is gonna be good. Grudge races Friday night........and a little 'Top Eliminator/Bracket Competition'. :rolleyes:

6. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Cool car !

Any updates on it ?

I'd like to see the lettering and striping. :eek:

-Aaron

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey man, better fire the painter, its not shiney!!
    LOL

Looking very nice,
    Doc.

8. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

hey guys thanks, surprised to see this back up,
    the car had a good year at the races, about 80 passes on it now, runs straight and is a good race car, too big a camshaft for it, it is a blower cam and will get changed this winter for next year. it ran a best of 10.69 , finished 2d in points behind Hooley in his henry J with the CSGA DRAGS SERIES at thunder valley for 08, watch out for it in 09"

Attached Files:

9. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Very neat. I like the look.

Jon

10. Rusty

Rusty

Seen it on the Bay. Did it sell?

Rusty

11. 067chevy

067chevy

Simply, Bad Ass.

12. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

no, not even close, had a good offer for a 37k blown 7.90 fiat for it , but not interested in it really ........Ill just race it next year again its fun as hell and we are getting several invites around the various tracks for next yr as well as our monthly deal at tvrp.... thanks

13. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Perrrrrrfect, very nice....

14. Rusty

Rusty

Hopefully gonna make a season with you next year. Got something in the works finally

Rusty

15. jangleguy

jangleguy

Congrats Sam - came out great! Sounds like a really fun deal you guys have goin' there. Running mid tens against your buddies all day - works for me. And now you're taking the show on the road? We've been trying to work out a deal like that, but no dice, so far...
    Keep grinnin'!
    Scotty

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

man id love to have ya at some of them with us. we have a couple of dallas boys now a 55 and a austin sedan, very good racers.
    looks like i have it sold as of tonight now. i guess ill put a bigger mtr in my nova and race it next yr.

Attached Files:

17. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

hey thanks scotty, it is a bunch of work just getting it all together, we have a good lady that owns our track and lets us have our own class, and several old guys that like old cars, guess we are lucky :cool:

18. That is so cool! I dont think I have ever seen one before like that.

19. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I don't think I would have looked at that car and thought "oooh that would make a cool race car", but your finished product is outstanding. Definetly like guys who look outside the belly-button car world and dare to be different. Nice job. Gary