Register now to get rid of these ads!

GNRS-Tiffany(Mrs. Dan) Collins-WOW!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jan 26, 2008.

1. tatooedtrash

tatooedtrash

yeah i guess your right hot rod colors are black or flat black or black with a side of black on it .........jesus crist dude give it to the guy he did somthing different with the paint as for myself i get sick of going to the shows and seeing a sea of black yeah black is a great color for a hot rod but so are many others you know and as for the chop i guess you would have had to see it in person cause it was sick

2. DanCollins

DanCollins

I been outta comission since the show with the flu, seems like I missed quite a few topics on here in the last few days....I don't feel like I need to justify why I did what to any of my cars, it's safe to say that not everyone is going to like everything you do. Having said that, remember that pictures don't always acurately represent proportions or colors, and sometimes you need to see a car in person to fully appreciate it. I do appreciate all the support, I know there are alot of you who get what I'm doing and that rocks. Langy, the motor is setup so that the oilpan doesn't hang down below the frame rails, it sets the drivetrain up where it needs to be, the body is so small that it exagerates the size of the motor. It's almost impossible to imagine how small this car is until you see it in person, it's basically a one man modified, I have to take my boots off to fit in it. But then I built it for my wife who is 5'1".

3. 53burb

53burb

I say let the differences flow. Dan, you are one talented dude in many fields. You apply yourself to so many things and you always seem to come up with positive results. As for the '38, dead on in my books! When is Tiffany going to drive her new toy to Bob's? Make sure they don't park them import gullwinged pieces of shit next to it. Congrats again to you Dan Collins. KNUX!

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey the roadster would be big enough for my wife, she is 4'10" if she stretches.

I have to agree with you in that some colors (the green for example) don't photograph well especially indoors under the lights.
    Edited after seeing the photos Hotrod lady cruiser posted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That truck looks fantastic when you get a great photo of it.

. On the other hand the colors on the roadster look like they were perfect for indoors under those lights. Dang I like that car.

5. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Lime light just happens to be one of my favorite trucks out there..nice job Dan.

[​IMG]

6. 5window

5window

Always glad to stir the pot. :) Hot rodding is ALWAYS about building what the builder likes. That's really all that counts. But if you're going to take your car out in public, it will be viewed by many perspectives and not everyone will view it 110% positively. As I said, I admire the workmanship and confess that I cannot do anything near it's equal. As for "traditional" colors, the HAMB is set up in it's mission statement to be about traditional hot rodding. So painting in a non-traditional color is always up for comment, pro or con. I really like the roadster.

7. Bent

Bent
    from Canada

First post ever after lurking for months. Saw this thread and gotta say, phuckin' spectacular! Nice job!

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the info Dan, Just wondered really, Its a very lovely car and i'm sure your wife is chuffed to bits with it.

Regs
    Steve.

9. "But then I built it for my wife who is 5'1"."

Dan, you don't have to justify your creative vision to me. The work stands quite well on it's own without qualifiers. However a photo or two of this Mrs. Dan Collins person you claim to be married to might help things.

10. excellent job yall ....sweeeeet!

11. Not everything has to be black, rust, or primer. I think the color adds to the coolness of his truck. Someones gotta go against the grain a bit and implement some imagination

12. 5window

5window

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

We're waiting:eek::cool::D

Frank

14. tjm73

tjm73

The lavender and white T is cool. Lavender is not in my top 20 choices of colors. I just couldn't paint something that color.

Everything else looks great on it though. Nice car.

15. lonely king

lonely king

This Car Was Amazing ,detail Was On Point..truck Is One Of My Favotites..dan Your Cars Are On Point And I Was Blown Away By The Attention To Detail On Both Cars..

16. raaf

raaf

amazing. that's all i can say.

...any info on the build anywhere? i especially like the detail lines on the bucket. any idea how these were done? round stock cut in half?

i think a big problem with buckets with the doors welded shut is you lose some detail there, and the door area looks large and plain. that issue is totally solved here...

17. DanCollins

DanCollins

it's not a T-bucket, it's a modified 1927 Chevy Phaeton. Most of the character lines were there to begin with although they have been reworked quite a bit. The body was shortened from a 4 door into a 2 door, and then I shortened it another 5". I also narrowed it 6" in the cowl and 4" in the rear. part of the cowl over the dash was extended backwards in the shape of a bow so that I could run a split windshield as well. I will try to post some pics of Tiffany but you're gonna have to wait till I get back to the tattoo shop cause I don't have any on this computer.....I do also have some pics on there of the build, I will try to compile a small start to finish timeline.....

18. Jon Dunchack

Jon Dunchack

i think a big problem with buckets with the doors welded shut is you lose some detail there, and the door area looks large and plain. that issue is totally solved here...

Notice also how the side upholstery pattern mimics an opening door - brilliant!

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My galoshes are filling up with pee.

That car is so incredible, and so right.

20. raaf

raaf

thanks for the added detail dan. will definitely look forward to anything on this in the future - inspirational work.

21. Muttley

Muttley

So........when is the Rodders Journal photo shoot?

22. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thats such a cute pink Model T.....hahahahahahahaha

23. DanCollins

DanCollins

thanks, I call it "Live Wire"!

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

you must be mistaken...Live Wire is a MANs car....hahahahah and its not pink..
    it baby blue...hahahahahahaa like the color of your beautiful eyes..

25. Rusty

Rusty

VERY VERY NICE DAN. Definately worth the wait to see. You done a mighty fine job

Rusty

26. Dan, Congrats on a spectacular build. As for the truck, I really dig it and the color is what ups it for me. It's what adds the extra character and separates its. Orange and green are two of the best colors for those of us with the nads to spray it.

btw, I still haven't run those WWW I got off you. They are in the garage waiting for my new rims to be chromed.

27. DanCollins

DanCollins

ok, heres a couple pics of the owner as requested.....the first pic is from Paso a few years ago and that was her chopped hardtop '41 buick in the background. She sold it to build the roadster.

Attached Files:

28. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

And whats wrong with pink then LOL

29. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Are you a Mormon? ,interested in a second sister/wife... brother/ husband type deal ?.....i need someone to help me finish my Chev roadster to that standard ha ha ha :D

30. DanCollins

DanCollins

heres a couple pics of the roadster from the Fresno Autorama

Attached Files: