Register now to get rid of these ads!

Great Canadian Sedan Build Continues... PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kruzer63, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Hey guys,

Its been a long time since i posted any updates and i know a bunch of you have been giving me a rough time about it too so finally here is a bunch of pics of what i have been up to on it... and hey i have a digi cam now so i will get more up faster now too.

So this is where we start out... car is back in the shop and tho it looks the same, its lots of inside stuff i been workin on...
    [​IMG]

So since the interior is gettin pretty tight i decided i would build my own seats right from scratch so i KNOW they will fit properly.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is a shot of it folding, yes they have small latches and flip fwd so that i can get into the back of the car easier for haulin travel stuff.
    [​IMG]

Here is a shot of the frames in the sedan now.
    [​IMG]

2. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

I then added some wood inserts to the seta frames and so they are now ready to be covered in upholstery as they also have small cable pulls mounted beneth them to flip them fwd. At this point i started building the consul to go on the tranny tunnel and clean it up a bit.

[​IMG]

Started making patterns on my tubing to create the sheetmetal skin for the consul.
    [​IMG]

Added some sheetmetal to the sides. As well you can see my finished seats bolted in place too.
    [​IMG]

From there it was time to figure out the stereo mounts before skinning in the sides and then havin to figure it out the hard way... yes thinking ahead here... this is a face from a mid fifties FIAT radio.
    [​IMG]

3. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!....you are doing a fantastic job!....LOVE IT!!!

4. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

A hard part was figuring out at first just what i was going to do to mount the deck in place, as i wanted it to still install like a normal car, yet be somewhat floating as the brake lines and fuel line will run beneath it within the consul so nothing is on the outside of the car thru the middle. I built this cage over the factory stereo type cage, worked better then i thought.
    [​IMG]

then i made some mounts within the car on the tranny tunnel to support the stereo and everything bolts from the insde out so that it can be all skinned in still.
    [​IMG]

Built a face support for the flip up face i am creating. This will appear to be an old radio but hidden within is the new stereo given the great tunes.
    [​IMG]

here it is all assembled and functioning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

while i was in the car doin everything else, i remembered i still needed a brake light switch, so a lil drillin and a small angle on the pedal assembly provides room for a brake light switch.
    [​IMG]

while being sidetracked on things... i decided i would finally get that gas pedal mounted, yup its an old bass drum pedal... tricky to mount in that it has to pull a cable but i had no room for a bell crank anymore so here is some pics of what i built.
    [​IMG]

I built this lever set up that has a couple gears in it so you push one and it pulls the other at the same time. Works slick as hell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok before i forget here, back to the consul... here is where its at right now as of last night. Startin to take some good shape here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

well guys thats all for this installment but i am sure i will have more stuff comin up a lot faster now with this new camera all figured out and such hahahaha.

6. Very kool brother...........I certainly see alot of your hard work and planing is paying off......should be a very sweet ride. Best of luck for the rest of the build.

7. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

Looking good, keep the posts coming, this thing keeps getting better.

8. Lookin good Brent. Lots of great engineering there. Pat.

9. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

very cool dude... you have some GREAT ideas. I love the pedal assy- where did you get the gears? are they starter drive gears? something else? that rules!

10. scratchit

scratchit

Brent,
    I think I hate you. That is some amazing craftsmanship and inginuity. Can't wait to see the final result.

11. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Brent, Brent, Brent,
    Holy shit man, I thought you've been sleepin up there in Canada.
    WOW, you're doing some awesome work, it's about time you shared some of it with us. You know, I look at your work and have to laugh to myself that you were asking me questions about how I built my POS C-dan, now I understand your motive (do just the opposite)!! haha
    Real nice job, keep the updates coming.
    LSM

12. 68ragtop

68ragtop
    from Texas

Great work, lots of good planning on your part. I really like the master cyl sitting sideways, you must use a cam ramp to push the cyl rod in. These are the kinds of things that you won't see in the next SEMA show and that's just the way it should be.
    Again great job.

Ragtop

13. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

There's a lot to learn from here. Clever engineering. I'll tuck that gear trick away in my memory. Thanks for sharing.

14. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Man, you seriously have some very good ideas in your brain. Thanks for posting. Keep the pictures and info comin' at us!

15. So that's where my damn grenade went!!!!! Now how am I suppposed to get rid of the neighbor's cat????

Seriously, you are a gifted craftsman. You realize of course you have to take me for a ride in that thing - if my fat ass can fit:)

One more question, in one of your old pics there was a big electric die grinder on the floor. What brand name was it? Looking for one and the meathead at our local Acklands is no help........

16. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Hot damn, that's nice work! Can't wait to see it in person, Brent!

17. gear27

gear27

Nice work keep it up!!

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

Man you're all Hi-tone-fa-lutin!

19. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Good to see some progress again! Dig you unique ideas! Thanks for sharing.

--mika

20. I was thinking about your project yesterday,and here it is.Once again your ingenious approach,to age old problems,is simply astounding. Thanks very much for the inspiration.:eek: It amazing,the talented young builders we are honoured to have on the HAMB. Let's imagine SUHR,Kruser63,Kennedy and a few others all put together,the" HAMB dream team". :D

21. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Thanks for all the great comments, more pics to come after this weekend

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

Remember that show from the 1980s... "That's Incredible"? They should bring it back so you could be on it.

23. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

The gears i used were actually from a place here (Bearing and Transmission) that just sells gears and bearings and such and they were the smallest ones in metal i could get from them and then i drilled and tapped them for set screws to lock them in place. they are very similar to starter drive gears and that could have been used as well.

24. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

electric DIE Grinder???? I dont believe that i own one of those... what pic did you see it in?? I have only electric Grinders, all the die grinders i have are pneumatic ones.

25. Awesome fabrication skills...... I reall like the geared-pull/push throttle setup. Now THAT is ingenuity!!!! If you cant find it, MAKE it....... That is what Hot Rodding is all about.....

Keep up the good work.

James

26. Looks good there Brent!

27. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Very kewl ideas. Great execution too. I dig that tunnel.

Keep the pix coming.

Paco

28. 067chevy

067chevy

looking good. nice work

29. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

30. glassguy

glassguy

good lord man!!!! your skill, and patience level is off the charts!! now i feel dumb! it looks phenominal..