Register now to get rid of these ads!

Poor Boys auction to benefit Ahotrod-Glenn Hayes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod mike, Jan 28, 2008.

1. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

As most of you know by know, our friend Glenn Hayes (Ahotrod, here on the HAMB) was given a pretty heavy burden to bear with the recent death of his beloved son, Cody. Well, as if that's not enough, it has come to our attention that the expenses related to this have already passed the 5-figure point and still climbing. And everyone wants to be paid up front before they provide any services. Lawyer, funeral home, county and state, etc. We, the PoorBoys of Tampa would like your help as we offer some items in auction format with every penny going to help out Glenn and Jennifer. I am also making my PayPal account available to anyone that would just like to help out with any donations you may care to make. Please PM me for the PayPal address as I don't think it should be posted on a public forum.
    Without any further ado, here's item number 1:
    [​IMG]
    This a a trio of Ford script 94's. All are in as found condition but appear to be very restorable. No visible damage. You are bidding on all three. You know how hard it is to find these so bid accordingly.
    Next up is a pair of vintage Mickey Thompson valve covers for a small block Chevy. Straight bolt pattern. These have paint on them and are used. No cracks and the fins are perfect. They will clean up nicely and are good enough to polish if you're so inclined.
    [​IMG]
    This auction is for a brand new, in the package, wiper motor and arm from Yearwood. Grommets included. Mint, new in package.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a cool item. It's a vintage Superior steering wheel (the "500")in green metalflake. The chrome is nice on this one. The cover is very nice with only a small fleck of damage on the back side and it can barely be seen. The color is a nice green-gold. It measures 14" in diameter and 4" deep. Nice wheels like this are getting really hard to find.
    [​IMG]
    Up next is a nice variety of items. First we have a set of four very nice re-prints of the 1956 Ford Dream car postcards. They are on photo-quality paper and very crisp. They show the "Syrtis", two of the "Mercury XM Turnpike Cruiser", and one of the"Lincoln Futura".
    Also included is 5"x8" Left lane sticker. Then we have 2 each of the very cool "Inline 6 Society" stickers. And, a pair of the new "My other car is older and faster" stickers. And, you get a Poor Boys support sticker.
    [​IMG]
    Here's something different. It's a 1:12 scale model of a 1937 Cord 812SC. It's complete with nothing assembled. The box is a bit shopworn but still pretty good. This kit was probably distributed in the early 80's. A very unique addition to any model collection.
    [​IMG]
    Last, but not least. Here's a very nice pair of original, steel valve covers with the Chevy script. Very nice condition, other than some small scratches from moving around the shop. Even the wire holders are in good shape. Undamaged sets of these are getting hard to find.
    [​IMG]
    Well, there you have it. Please remember to identify which item you're bidding on. PM any questions and I'll get right back to you. The Poor Boys will cover USA shipping so all the proceeds go to Glenn. I guess we'd have to work out overseas rates. And don't forget to ask for the PayPal address for donations. Glenn has given so much of himself to so many across the country and world, maybe we can help him out this time. How about we end the auction on Tuesday, Feb 5th at 10PM eastern time. Thank you one and all for all the concern and nice comments. Now get bidding and have some fun. Mike

2. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Ryan, could we please get this stickied to the top of the page? Thanks, Mike

3. Mike;
    Put me down for 50 bucks on the M/T covers,and another 50 on that green steering wheel....
    Thanks;
    1939fiat

4. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

1939 fiat, Will do and thanks, Mike

5. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

$60 on the green wheel...

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

$100 on the green wheel

7. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

8. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

40 bucks on the wiper.
    Dave

9. darn..ok..125 on the green wheel.

10. Church

Church
    from South Bay

When does this thing end?

If you don't mind, I would like to put up 2 SETS of ultra limited edition Church silk screen prints that will end when HotRod Mike says. They are 20x26 each, and printed on black paper. Each set will consist of...............................................
    1 metallic silver print (edition of 100),
    1 metallic gold print (edition of 55)
    and 1 black on black print (edition of only 20).
    all signed and numbered..........for what it's worth.

The only way to get the black is to get all 3. They will be matching number sets.
    Auction is for ALL 3 PRINTS delivered to your door. Worldwide.

The second set will be shipped to Glenn.

Super Rare.

coby
    carsnotculture.com

Attached Files:

11. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Sorry I didn't make it clearer in the original post. Auctions will end on Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 10pm eastern time.
    And thanks Road Apple for the very nice additions. Mike

12. $50 on the Chevy script covers & $50 on the set of prints, just to get things rolling.

13. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

$70 on the Chevy Script valve covers

14. Avast, ye scurvy dog! $80.

15. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

$25.00 on the AMT Cord, and $50.00 on the wiper motor.

16. Glenn is the most generous guy, so bump up the number on the 'Church' prints to $150 (usa moola)

Cheers,

Drewfus

17. Gator

Gator

I'd like to add a little something here, all I have to offer right now is one of my Rat Fink 'sculptures' - this is actually a 4 3/4 Rat Fink figure remolded and posed holding a wrench atop a real used piston. These range from about 8-9 inches tall over all.

Winner will receive ONE figure, their choice of color. Payment should be made directly to Hotrod Mike, I'll ship it out as soon as he lets me know he got it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Too cool Gator. I may have to bid on that myself. Thanks for adding it. Mike

19. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

Alright. You guys have pulled my cheap ass into this melee.

$50 on the 94's
    $50 on Gators Rat Fink

20. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

I'm sending a PM cause I know I can't compete with these guys!!!:p

21. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

A couple more cool items have just come in for this auction. First off. a pair of really nice King Bee Headlights. The chrome is near perfect with only small flaws. One bucket has a small dent that should be an easy fix. Lenses are nice and clear and there are turn signal bulbs already installed. The bases are (I think) '34. If you have any questions, please ask. Here's the pic:
    [​IMG]

Next item is a pair of brand new 41-48 Chevy taillights. These have the red glass lenses marked Stimsonite and chromed bezels. The mounting pad gaskets are included. Wired ready to install. New in the box.
    [​IMG]

Like the other stuff, this auction will close on Tuesday Feb. 5th at 10pm eastern time. Thanks for all the great bids and donations folks. It's really appreciated. Mike

22. I'll go $100 for the 94s and $60 for the wiper motor. And if I loose out I will happily contribute to the cause anyway. You guys have been through too much.

–MRAK

23. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

I'll start the head lights at $50.00, and the tail lights at $25.00 Ted

24. i will go 100 on the headlights and 50 on the tail lights. jim

25. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i'll bid $65.00 ON GATORS RAT FINK:D

26. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

$100 on the Gator Rat Fink, Great cause and Great additions, I hope these prices go way up!

27. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

$125 on the Rat Fink!

28. Petey

Petey

$175 for the prints.

Gotta love the power of the HAMB.

29. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Okay, $150 on the Rat Fink

30. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Can't believe I didn't see this before now. As far as I can tell the M/T covers are at $50, so I bid $100.

I'll look around here to see if I can add to the items being auctioned.