Register now to get rid of these ads!

Liner for a flake helment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Jan 29, 2008.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker

I was talking on break at work the other day about how i was looking for an old Metalflake helment ,when a coworker budded in and told me he had one he bought new in his basement.He said it was red and in in fair shape and even better that i could just have it.Well i accepted and turns out it was made in 1966 according to the sticker on the inside and the clear is starting to spider web on the outside (which gives it character to me ).The only problem is the liner is disentagrated .I can proly use it as is without one ,but i would like it to be comfiy on my head too.Does anyone make a liner to fit these or not?

2. racer32

racer32

send me a pm...I might can help you out.

3. OLLIN

OLLIN

post it on here, im sure other people would like to know too. My buddy is having the same problem.

4. racer32

racer32

Was going to have him bring it by and let me take a look at it to see about replacing the liner with one from another lid.

5. The Shocker

The Shocker

Yunno ,you brought up a good point about getting through tech with my old helmet.The whole reason i wanted the red Metalfalke helmet is cuz it fits the theme of my car (to me ).It looks shitty to me ,when someone is wearing the latest style helment and racing and old hotrod.I hope they will let me use it in competetion .I only race at nostalgia
    events ,so maybe they will take it easy on me in tech...

6. martell06

martell06

I just bought a black open face helmet and was planning on pulling the foam and liner out and sticking it in my flake helmet. never did get around to doing it though.