Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: My Fathers Passing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Short-Stack, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Short-Stack

Short-Stack

Well, this probably isnt the place for this but here goes anyway. On Jan 20th 2008 My Father Dennis "Shorty" Clark Passed away at 56 years old. I moved to texas about 4 years ago and have always left my cell phone on at night because I was afraid of the call I got the other night. The main artery coming out of his heart dissected? the inner layer ruptured filling the space between them with blood and pinching the artery off starving the rest of his body for blood. They operated on him for 17 hours to correct the problem but the damage had already been done to the rest of his organs and his right leg. I being the only child (next of kin) made the decision to let him go. The doctors told me his quality of life might be 30% of what it was before...and that was just the physical stuff, we still had no Idea what his brain might be like. My dad and I were like best buddies, two of a kind. I guess its because my mom passed away when I was 3 we were all each other had. All I can tell you is live life to its fullest because tomorrow may never come. Although he died at 56 he lived at least 3 lifetimes. I will miss him. here is his (now mine) prized posession.

My faith is all thats holding me together right now.
    thanks for listening

Craig "short-stack" Clark

p.s. thank to whoever it was that got me in touch with glen hayes

Attached Files:

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Craig:

Deepest sympathy to you and your family. As I get older, I fully realize that 56 is NOT old. Our prayers are with you. Stu

3. My deepest condolences, brother. I think you made the correct decision to let him go, so dont second guess yourself for even a second. I know I would not want to be kept alive if no quality of life remained, and he surely wouldnt either. Cherish the times you shared, and know he is in a better place. I lost my uncle this past august, and though I am not a religious man, I try to look at it as God must have had a wiring issue with one of his hotrods he just couldnt figure out, cause my uncle was the best wiring man who ever lived... I also worry about that call, because my dad, soon to be 52, is a MAJOR hothead about the stupidest shit, and a heavy smoker. He just cant let shit go..... Always pissed off... He lost both his parents at 18. Try to celebrate his LIFE, and the way he lived it...Always remember you will see him again someday......

It was smart of you to get it off your chest and talk to us...... It will just eat you up on the inside....

Take time to take care of yourself, and remember to eat, try to sleep. We get a fresh start everyday. I try to leave any bullshit of the day before in the past. We dont get alot of time here.....

Your Friend,

James

4. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

doing the right thing isnt always easy, my deepest sympithy to you.

5. My prayers are with you. Lost my mom on mothers day 4 years ago after a long illness. She lingered for 8 years most of it bedfast. I think she would have opted for a quick passage if it had been like your dads. She enjoyed life the best she could but I could see how weary she was and when she finally left this world she left with a smile so I like to think that where she is now is a lot better.

6. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

I second Stu and Lonewolf The closer you are to people the harder it is when they pass. He isn't very far though. Just think about him and there he is right in your mind! God bless family members. Good luck to you.Thanks, BOBBY FORD

7. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

having and being able to see his truck will mean a lot. When my Dad passed away my brother and I got his Harley. I have my own bike, but there is something about riding my Dad's that I can explain. Even though he is gone Im still able to hold onto something so special to him. I hope the truck can bring you as much joy and memories as we get from my Fathers bike.Sorry for you loss.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My heart and prayers go out to you, Craig. The words you wrote about your dad tell me he did a wonderful job of raising you. You are now his living legacy, and you know he had to be proud of the son he raised.

9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

56 is too young, Mom passed at 88 in June and that seemed too young as well. Faith will pull you through. He was lucky to have someone like you to make the tough decision for him when the time came.

God speed to your Dad and Gods comfort to you and yours.

GV

10. Dyce

Dyce

My heart goes out to you. My father died at the young age of 51. I too have his car (see avitar) and all he taught me about life and mechanics. It's a painfull expearience that like you said only faith will get you through. Hang in there and remember a big part of him goes on with you..
    Jeff

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

12. jdubbya

jdubbya

My thoughts are with you, take care. -Joe

13. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

Sorry for you loss... I can't imagine the day that I will have to deal with something like that... Prayers go out for you...

14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm very sorry about your dad. It is so hard to lose someone that you love so much. When my dad passed i kept his pickup. Nothing special just a 4X4 GMC but he loved that truck and i use to go and just sit in it and think of him and place my hands on the steering wheel exactly where he did. That truck gave me alot of comfort. I hope yours does the same. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Gasser Girl

15. Craig,

Sorry for your loss. I can understand your pain. I watched my dad go down hill for a couple of years from Alzheimers, before his passing. So now you to have a ride, you wish you never had but won't ever part with. Sorry again, cruise in health the ol' mans watching. Oh here's mine.

Bruce

Attached Files:

16. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Craig,
    Sincere condolences on your dad's passing. Way too young. Hang onto the great memories and that fine truck. I was the guy that contacted Glenn for you and no thanks are necessary. Glenn told me that he and your dad went way back. Glad I could help.
    May God comfort you and your family. Mike

17. olderone

olderone

So Sorry about your loss I know the felling well you did the wright thing.
    May God Bless you and keep you in his arms through this hard time.
    GOD BLESS.
    Don

18. Terry

Terry

Man I hate to hear this Craig. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

As you know I lost mine almost 2 years ago now, and it still hurts. Whenever your ready come by and we'll go out to the shop and swap stories, tell some tales, and remember our Dads. I'll be here....

19. noboD

noboD

Sorry for your lose, you are a better man for not letting suffer an agoniseing death.

20. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God Speed to ya Son ,
    Stand Proud ,your DAD would want ya too.
    All our prayers from N.C.
    56 IS TO YOUNG TO GO.....

21. Craig, I'm sorry to hear this.
    I hope he rest in peace.
    God grants strength to those who seek it.

22. bigken

bigken

Man, my heart aches for ya, bro.................. Most of us here, owe our dads a lot. They are most likely the reason we do what we do. I know mine is.
    Years ago, my dad divied up his 2 '58 Chevys, one to me, and one to my sister. I don't really want his car, that damn bad. I want him. We sure talk alot more than we used to , when all I did was ride Harleys.
    Dude - I don't want to be where you are, but I also understand the fact of life. Hang in there, and know he's in Heaven, fillin' up or Ethyl, with lead in it....
    God Bless ya, man.
    BigKen

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I am so sorry to hear that Short-Stack. It really is devistating to have someone so close and so young pass. My father passed last April from a Stroke in the Brain-Stem, he was only 54. Well actually the circumstance was much like yours. He lived in Buffalo and I got the call at 4 a.m. from my brother. My father would have survived but would have been hooked up to a machine to breath for him for the rest of his life. So my brother and I made the decision to let him pass with dignity rather then live a life he would have never wished on anyone. You did a very selfless thing by letting your father pass. It is what he would have wanted if he is anything like my father. Yourself and those who knew him will remember how he lived. His legacy is set in stone and you are now carrying the torch so keep making him proud. Also keep that head up and think about all the fun you guys had. Remember he is there with you no matter what, looking down with pride.

24. Rely on your faith and realize he has gone to his new adventure and will be waiting on you. My prayers are with you.

25. kiotes

kiotes

sorry for your loss, just hang in there. Everytime you drive that pickup he will be riding shot gun with you.

26. prayers and condolences ..

27. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

Sorry to hear this....56 is young...our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.......hang in there!

28. Zumo

Zumo

Be strong brother. Your dad's pain is gone and he will have the place ready for you when it's you go home. Prayers from Wax. Tx

29. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Im with ya brother .. Lost my dad 2 years ago this month.. He was 81 but fuck i still sure miss him.. Now I know what my 2 boys were going thru when I checked out a year ago last june.. Im 56 and I got lucky they saved my dumb useless ass..
    Hang in there Kid..
    RIP for your FATHER.

Dave

30. southsider

southsider
    from Pella, IA

Sorry for your loss Craig. We were all very suprised when we heard the news. Shorty was a great guy and will truly be missed. Our prayers are with you.

Jason