Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone going to the Grand National Roadster Show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xl1ken, Jan 24, 2008.

1. xl1ken

xl1ken

a.k.a. GNRS...

In it's 59th year and (I believe) it's 4th year at Pomona this is perhaps the largest indoor show in the West. I have been shooting at the show the past 3 years aqnd will again have my Nikon DSLR ready to shoot the first day of the 3 day show tomorrow, January 25, 2008.

Here are 8 galleries of shots from the past 3 years: 2005 - 2007

http://www.pbase.com/xl1ken/gnrs57

Should have photos from this year up over the weekend sometime.

Ken Leonard
    Belmont Shore, SoCal

2. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Nope. Whats GNR?

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

Guns 'n Roses dummy.

4. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Silly me.

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I hear Guns and Roses is playing at the Süede Palace and so is Mötley Crüe featuring Littlëmän and Ëvël as back-up singers.

6. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

ill be there

my car is in the suede palace

i was there earlier today putting my car there and there are some sweet rides in the suede palace already

it looks like its gonna be a really good time this weekend

just hope it doesnt rain

no guns and roses but it looks like there will be some good bands playing in there throughout the weekend according to the show guide

if you are in the area id suggest checking it out

its like 10 buildings full of some really kool cars

oh yeah there is a pinup contest on saturday night at 7pm thats a must see

7. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

sWEET. Ill be there Sat with the rest of Boulevardos.

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Ken .. Not this year last trip from the EC was enought for the 75th !!! .. Thanks for takn a pic of my deuce in your 2007 photos ..

9. StinaMarie

StinaMarie

"a.k.a. GNRS..."

I've never heard anyone call it that before....I've heard people call it "Grand Nats.", "Grand Nationals" and "The Roadster Show", but yeah I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

10. I will be there tomorrow when it opens, I cant wait.

CBB

11. henryj429

henryj429

What is in the building that held the 75th anniversary display last year? Another special exhibit, or more show cars?

12. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

goin sunday with my son, was nasty looking in the IE all day but it never rained, sun out on the mts now, snow REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL low...

13. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

How bad is the rain out there @GNRS? Anybody got photos yet? Who's going to Bob's Big Boy? Whatcha driving? I'm thinking of going around 6-7 cause I work in Studio City.
    OT__I gotta get a new Digital camera, the old Cannon finally gave out....any recomendations on a new one? Trout

14. tatooedtrash

tatooedtrash

i'm going bringing the fam with me im hopeing my wife will see all the cool cars and people and let me start spending a lil more money on my project ..................just my late MLK speach

15. Did you make a sign detailing everything you hate about your car? Or are you finally over that? LOL!
    Looks like you got a good spot.

16. ocfab

ocfab

i'll be there all day Sat.

17. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Me, Greasejunkie, and Photofink for sure. It's gonna rain tomorrow; 50% with 100% in the evening, expecting 1-2 inches,...but hey, it's only water and most of the rides are inside. Only wicked-witches melt in the rain anyway. Greasejunkie's working on a top-insert for his coupe as I write this...thank God for junk Mazda sheetmetal!

19. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

20. xl1ken

xl1ken

Back from GNRS 2008 and as usual it was AWESOME! I do believe this year every signle major building was filled with cars. JUst a little very light drizzle a couple of times today. Since the GNRS cars are all inside there was no problem. However Saturday and Sunday there is also an outdoor show as well. The late rain on Saturday (predicted) may be a problem for the guys displaying outside but of course you will still be able to see all of the awesome indoor cars.

BTW, I will have to disappoint you. I said I was going to shoot between 700-1000 shots. Only got a little over 600 :). Hope to have the albums up later tonight. I also took all of the shots in RAW and will share some of my better shots processed from the superior RAW files in a few days one at a time.

Ken

21. JohnnyCASHcadillac

JohnnyCASHcadillac
    from SO CAL-

Will be there and cant wait to see EVEL do "sweet child of mine" but more importantly his coupe!! I know it is going to be crazy!

22. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

i think im over it :D