Register now to get rid of these ads!

When are the 2008 HAMB drags

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by [email protected], Dec 3, 2007.

1. Can't seem to find any info on when the 2008 HAMB drags are scheduled. Anybody know? Thanks

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

August 23

3. hooligan1

hooligan1

Aren't the drags at mo-kan speedway?

4. 97

Damn , Bonneville finishes same day.....I thought I was gunna have a week to travel in between, 12000 miles to Bonneville and still can't get to HAMB Drags,Oh well I guess there's alway 2009 or a Left coast HAMB meet.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yes... as always

6. I'll be there waiting for you FITTY!!!! I'm pulling the engine the first week of "08" and starting to empty my stockings under the hood. You should see what santa is bringing me!!!!!

See you there!!!!!!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Lots of us are doing both. We're leaving a couple of days before the "official" end of SpeedWeek and heading stright to the HAMB Drags. It will be a couple of long, hard days on the road BUT well worth it for sure.

Will you have a car at B'ville?

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

BWAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!

make sure you got good gas in that cute yeller go-kark of yurs feller! :eek::p:D

9. Why ?? So it smells good runnin behind it at the end of the 1320!!!

I can't wait!! I't is better than the feeling as a kid thinking of christmas!!!
    SEEEEE YOU THERE !!

10. 97

Yep I will be there along with a whole bunch of Kiwis who are going to support ten or more New Zealand teams racing on the salt.

Kiwi teams hold a bunch of records, Hogan ,Martin & Rea (XF/BFR) , Casey Hill ( several ) and Harris Family racing who entered the 200mph club last year .

See you on the salt !!

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

In 2003 I met a bunch of Kiwi's who were also staying at the Motel 6. I was talking to the caretaker of the guy who owned of one of the race cars who was there in a wheelchair. Forget the name. Sound fimilar?

12. 97

Yup that's Chris Harris, Harris Family Racing , he got his "wheels" in an accident racing on the salt, but still goes back nearly every year, his son Lincoln races the roadster now and took a new record last visit ( 2006) and entered the 200mph club, in fact from memory he raised the record from about 210 to nearly 230 in his class. C/ GR ( gas roadster ) .

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GREAT, then for sure we will run into each other on the Salt or in the motel/hotel parking lots.

14. zapp69

zapp69

I am making the trip over from Australia (first time in US), will be there from early August for about 6 weeks. Trying to plan the trip to see as many events as possible. Love to catch both these events. I have no idea of distance between them (need to do some research) It will be my honeymoon so have to please the other half with Touristy things too

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

a little over 1200 miles. but worth every minute....

16. 97

Tell her how beautiful it is out driving through Barstow, along the edge of the Mojave , all the great stuff to see in Nevada and how big and beautiful the salt flats are.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Asbury,+MO,+United+States+of+America&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

(Don't tell her it's like crossing the Nullarbor. )

Then drive 1325 miles across America with a bunch of hoodlums for a quiet weekend at an out of the way down home town in Missouri.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Asbury,+MO,+United+States+of+America&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Then duck if she reads this....

17. squid

squid

Just a quick note, Mo-Kan dragway is a only few miles from my house (yea, we had it rough growing up on old U.S. 66, HARDY HAR HAR).So if anyone needs stuff for the wifeys I can get brochures or whatever for local stuff. And if needed I can always go open the shop up if somebody just has to have some tire work. Anyway, here's a few local towns.
    http://66drivein.com/
    http://www.carthagechamber.com/ http://www.visit-carthage.com/
    http://www.joplincvb.com/ http://www.webbcitychamber.com/
    I could post links all nite, Which aint gonna happen. But if anyone needs help let me know, I'll be happy to help fellow H.A.M.B.ers.

18. zapp69

zapp69

Hey squid thanks for the information, I will look at the links later as have little Internet time here at work. Hopefully I will be buying a Car when I get there so maybe even get to race how cool would that be(i am probably dreaming again)

19. WoooDaaaa

WoooDaaaa

Hey, when is "The Day of The Drags" going to be in 2008? Trying to get my important stuff scheduled for this year. Will be at HAMB DRAGS this year again...had a blast last year! Thanks....WoooooooooooDaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

20. i would like it a 200 mph that would be fun!!!!!!!! :D:D im a kid that likes to go fast lol

21. kiwiboy

kiwiboy

Go Kiwi's ... actually originally from Tauranga, live in big D now :)

22. 97

So do we know you? Been here rodding and fixin cars since 74! How long since you been here? What did you do when you were here?
    Bill's website http://www.kiwiasalt.blogspot.com
    [​IMG][​IMG]

23. Are the particulars for the 2008 HAMB drags going to be pretty much the same as they were in 2007? Are there minimum spec inspection details to be viewed so I know I can get on the track when I show up? Thanks

24. DAMN! If it was the same accident I witnessed, I was putting up an awning for shade at the 2 and 1/2 mile marker with my back to the course when I heard this roadster come winding down the course..as he hit 174 MPH right behind me, the engine noise just stopped! I turned around to see a big blur of salt, mud and roadster flipping through the air. When it came to rest, it took about 30 seconds for the course workers to arrive on the scene. They worked for about a half hour, cutting him outta that car and then life-flighted him to salt lake city in a helicopter. We heard he lost the use of his legs later on..
    The episode put a dampener on the event for awhile and I've never forgotten it....racing is a dangerous sport.

25. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

basic safety shit applies...

seatbelt
    all lugs/nuts on and tight
    puke can for the rad
    no leaks or drippy shit from the engine,trans, rear etc...
    helmet for roadster class

all pretty basic if you ask me... if your car is safe on the street, its gonna pass tech at MOKAN.

as for gettin on the track, well thats another story... last word i had from Ryan is its gonna be limited to 200 cars so there aint a huge ass wait for racin, but no word about how them cars are gonna be selected

hows about it Ryan, get the details hashed out for car selection yet mi jefe?

26. I've been wondering how the 200 are going to be selected as well. I sure as heck want to run!!! I'd like to back my 12.10 last year up with something in the 11's. :)

27. ryno

ryno

been waiting all winter to hear the 08 date.... i'm ready.

28. Yea, if you could let us know how the '200' will be selected, that would be cool. I'm workin on getting my 28 A 'race ready' but if I can't or won't be able to make a pass then there's no worries. Not that I won't keep wrenchin on it though. : ) Thanks!

29. S.T.P.

S.T.P.

How many cars were there on 07? I went as a spectator that got my blood going and I wanted to race this year but if I wont be able to race I sure aint driving that gas gussler all that way for nothing.Hope its first come first serve.