Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks to all who attended/participated in the GNRS Suede Palace!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jan 28, 2008.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Just wanted to publicly thank everyone who participated in this years GNRS Suede Palace.

A special thanks to: John & Annika Buck (Producers of the entire show) They worked their butts off and pulled it off considering the weather.

Thanks to all vendors,car show participants,and attendee's for putting up with the rain.

Thanks to Mark from Bombshell-n-Ink for making the Pin Up girl contest happen. It was tastefully done and the MASSIVE crowd got a kick out of it.

Thanks to Alex Gambino from Gambino Kustoms & the Road Zombies. No one knows this but i met up with him on Wednesday night when we were setting up displays. When he & his pal went over the Grapevine they were literally the last car allowed to go over it as the Snow reached almost 2 ft. in certain areas and CHP shut Freeway down!
    When Alex pulled in the Suede building his car was full of rain,sleet,snow,and mud. Alex, you are king !

Thanks to VLV's Tom Ingram for MC'ing & DJ'ing the show Saturday. You literally got everyone dancing prior to the awards ceremony.

Thanks to John & Jenny Parker for your continued support!

Thanks to Mark Morton from Hop Up. Anyone who digs the blues as much as me is alright in my book!

Thanks to my wife Celeste. Without you this wouldn't/couldn't happen!

Thanks to Hudson Joe for all the late hours you put in,letting me borrow your welder, and making the "Best of Show" trophy.

Thanks to Hot Rod Lady for helping me out with the HAMB Meet & Greet. It was nice chatting with you ,even if it was for a moment.

Thanks to all the car clubs who participated !

CONGRATS TO:

Dudley Owens who won "Best Custom" with his bare metal chevy.

Scott Miller who won "Best Hot Rod" with his Caddy powered midnight blue 31 Ford.

Robert Lomas who won "Best of Show" with his Caddy powered 34 three window Ford coupe.

Piero Mad Fabricator - You won waaaaaaaay too many damn trophies, and that wasn't fair...sheeeeesh ! Just kiddin, Congrats dude.

Also, congrats to the Autoholic with the 53 Chevy,Gene Winfield,Lifters Miguel,and everyone else who won an award.

If i forgot something or someone my apologies.

See ya,Axle

2. 53burb

53burb

I want to add to this. Axle is a straight up class act. All the shit that he has had to deal with in the past, a total crock of shit, he still comes through to do his thing which is golden to us all come the GNRS. Another awesome show Axle. Hats off to you and the rest of the Shifters and to those all that participated. Are ya ever gonna get beer served in the place? I got tired of going to the other buildings and shelling out $8.00 a beer........KNUX!

3. Here's a pic of Axle "gettin down" Saturday night.

Thanks Axle, you do an awesome job. I'm sure we will never know how many hours you put in. Show wouldn't be the same without you, in fact I hate to think what it would be without your input. Thanks again !!!

[​IMG]

4. Another shot of Axle hard at work.......

[​IMG]

5. 53burb

53burb

Shit. And I left early?????? Oh well. I had my own hottie with me all day long there.......KNUX!

6. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

(Remember that episode of Seinfeld where somebody videotapes Elaine dancing?)

Seriously, the Suede Palace is the only reason to go to the GNRS, nicely done man.

7. Kinda reminded me of those Japanese guys.:eek::D

8. Some more pics from Saturday night......I just happened to be right at the edge of the stage and all of a sudden some kind of prancing female show started on the stage and well hell, I had my camera in my pocket so I took a few shots........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Caught somebody's eye there kev...you dog..ha ha ha :D

10. kopis

kopis

Hey Axle, thanks for another great year at the Suede Palace. We all had a good time hanging out. Great weather and great vibe.

11. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Axle did a great job, and I'm glad we made up, and we did not kick each others asses.
    BTW: Axle on his recent trip to Tokyo, with the rest of the Shifters, in disguise.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCff2J9xG5s&feature=related
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LELD_V8ZvHw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LELD_V8ZvHw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0iQBRwqxNM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0iQBRwqxNM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Ha Ha Ha, Thats great Dreadman. I had a couple of beers (or more) Saturday night to loosin up and that i did. Haven't done that in 20 years !

Anyone take a picture of my recently built Tijuana TucknRolled Blue Suede 36 three window?

13. Here's Axle's ride...

[​IMG]

Thanks for a great job!

14. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

There's is a good picture of yours on Kens sight. Nice 3 window. My first car
    was a 36 5 window [1955]

I must have been too slow!

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I took a few photos of the interior too. I'll post later.

It was wonderful meeting you Axle. You did a fabulous job on the Suede Palace and everyone milling around seemed to be enjoying themselves....it was hard not to.:cool:

16. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

yeah thanks man

me and my family had a blast there all weekend

i think alot of people got a kick out of my kids sitting in the trunk of the shoebox playing thier nintendos

it was funny how many poeple took pictures of that

17. OLLIN

OLLIN

good times, as always!
    congrats piero, your car looks even better in person!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bass, you have skills. The hood/grill shell looked good. gongrats on the award!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Eryk's paint was pretty sweet.
    [​IMG]
    this auto butchers truck really gave the show a cool 60's indoor vibe!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. OLLIN

OLLIN

this zombie's car was bad ass! I like the deleted quarters!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My bro Johnny Emperor finished his new Packard grill just in time for the show!
    [​IMG]
    Victor from chula vista brought this down. looks cool!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

Thanks again Axle for a great show in the palace and great words up on the stage! You kept things really straight despite the weather!
    Steve
    TURKS CC

20. sled

sled

AXLE, i could'nt come this time but anyway,you did a KILLER job...

congratulations....from Mexico!!! sled

21. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Axle, You are always a killer hosts for all your events. This year's Suede Palace rules man!!!. Thanks for the Palace and for taking the time to chat a bit about your car, that thing got done fairly quick from last VLV..

Al~Chevnut

22. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

I had to work the entire show and still had a blast. As i was looking over the cars in the suede building friday morning before they let anyone in, i had this intense feeling that this was going to be one of those shows you see pictures of years later and say "remember, when it was like this?" it really felt to me like the pictures i see of indoor car shows from the 60's. i already look forward to next years show (and sacramento in two weeks!)
    Ill post pictures later tonight...

23. slammed

slammed

Very nice selection's of flash and suede. The gal's are looking fine as well.

24. SOLO

SOLO

Killer show! Glad I came down!

25. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Axel:

It was a hoot to finally meet you, what a kick ass show, Maggie & I enjoyed every minute we spent in the Suede Palace. Thanks for putting on a bitchin show, we will be back for sure.

B:DB

26. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

27. Isn't that you in the red jacket? Japan must be a looong drive Axle,HA HA!!
    Always wondered what your hair looked like under that hat,LOL!!!!

28. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

Yeah Bob, well i am still wondering what your eyes look like behind those dark shades.....hahahaha

29. dj_rockinvic

dj_rockinvic

I had a bad ass time hanging with the "real car" guys in the suede palace! Seeing you bop was priceless! It was a real gas kitten! lol

30. bil

bil
    from Vermont

That scene is the best part of the show for me-I always make sure if I can hit one west coast show in the winter,this is it.Music,cars,the girls-someone told me there were other building full,too:).Billy Gibbons,and TV Tommy Ivo,both real nice .Thanks,guys,for getting together a kick-a$$ show. ---bil