Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are Michigan People Nuts?.......nah!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gmgrunt, Jan 24, 2008.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Yep...some guy named Todd. He was doin' 80mph while dinkin' a latte and talkin on his cell. Didn't know a new Lexus SUV could throw snow like that, didja?

2. ....as long as he's havin fun.......,he should place a photo of this on his car when he takes it places next summer, to show people he has fun with cars year-round.

3. 416Ford

416Ford

I would love to join him. Looks like fun to me.
    The ones that call us nuts are the ones with 12 months of 70 degree weather. In Michigan, if the car starts its not cold out.

4. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Bet he feels alive!
    :D

Heard that somewhere....

5. While it is easy to dismiss this all as hokey ass message board fiction, I was there. Thats right. This guy drives this roadster year around.

There is a little known group called the "Tim Allen Car Club" that began having "Tim Allen Parties" about 12 or more years ago. A few of us from GM all show up at a guys house in the club and rage on his project. A bunch of us are old bodymen, mechanics, you know - hot rodders etc... Anyway, We're sanding away on this year's project in the warm garage when we all hear a cammed flat motor pull up - in the driving snow (8" of the white stuff are already down).
    We run out and here is Bill Jagenow out in the driveway with his girl arriving after a 20 - 30 minute drive from accross town!!

Yup, its a roadster with a flat motor and (count 'em) 4 strombergs! Bill specializes in multi carb setup. This thing lacks all the obvious deflection devices that make it a hot rod, but also has no trans tunnel which I am told keeps the driver warm - who thunk it.

Anyway, a better craftsman, rod builder, and all around good guy than Bill Jagenow would be hard to find.

If you need a bit of hot rod work done 'round here, Go see Bill at Brother's Custom. While the roadster is not re-painted, he did paint his brother's Buick and it is beautiful (coming from a darn fussy painter) he also does magic with all other kinds of hot rod fabrication and mechanicals.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Why is Stroker McGurk driving in the snow? That dude is CRAZY

7. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

Bill sent me those picts too. He wrote 12/18/07:

"So we had some snow here over the weekend... I decided it was roadster weather anyway.

It is just a car right?

Bill "

I replied:

"You took the 'hot' out of 'hot rod'. Cold Rod has a lot less appeal. That's nutty.

Keven"

Attached Files:

8. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

No problem

Attached Files:

9. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Yeah Jeff, I think all you guys are nuts, I cant even get my ass in the non-heated barn to work on my car! Carharrts only cut the cold for so long.

10. That grin is frozen on.

11. flathead4d

flathead4d

Now there's a sure fire way to keep a Flathead cool. Bet that one doesn't run hot. Looks like lots of fun.

12. Maybe he's not nuts,but according to where he's parked,he's handicapped somehow! LOL;)

Attached Files:

13. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Well he's nuts or drunk or both! I agree. That has to be a hot water bottle on his head and it's a good thing I guess that his windshield isn't any higher or he couldn't see where he was going.LOL

14. I envy you driving through a few snow flakes. That's real hot roddin. Up here we can barely get around with our skis and snowshoes.

15. David Chandler

David Chandler

It ain't all that much different than riding a snowmobile. And that flathead sounds better than a 2 stroke.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin

That's some great pics. I drive my '27 T Roadster daily. And yes it handles just like a model T with a small block in it. :D Isn't that why they call them traditional cars? Becase the tradition is driving them. Oh yeah I live here in sunny warm Michigan too.
    Ben:cool:

17. Coolest roadster pics I've seen in a while.

I drive my 32 in pretty cold conditions - 16* F my personal best - but, the 32 has a top and a heater (which mainly benefits the passenger) and you're not right out in it like the guy in the pic. Nor do I go as far.
    Kudos to him - and the girl friend.

So, what are the usual temps during a snowstorm?

We were running around Kingman a couple years back and the snow was coming down and starting to stick at temps between 31* and 33* F.

We used to ride dirt bikes in the SoCal mountains during snowstorms.
    Had more than a few adventures there.
    Including one where a guy fell down during a river crossing and was swept into a 4'-5' deep pool during a snowstorm.
    That was fun....

(Got pics too.)