Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the rarest car you have ever owned??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bluto, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My current car, a 1969 Pontiac Custom S convertible. According to any sources I've found, less than 3000 convertibles in the models single year of production. Now, why do even car guys think it's a GTO?.

2. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

A 1946 Pontiac Torpedo Business Coupe. As you probably know, 1946 was a very low production year as it was, and the business coupe model was also a low production model to begin with. And to boot, mine was a straight 8. Not as rare as a lot of the other cars posted about on this thread already, but still, 12,652 total made is pretty rare.

[​IMG]

3. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

65 Coronet 426 Street wedge 4 speed convert, 70 AAR Cuda Black with white interior and black stripes. both under 25 built

4. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

72 pantera, great looking and sounding car, but a piece of shit.

schreddr likes this.
  5. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

Well, there's been a few... still have a couple.
    Here's one... 1964 Canadian Pontiac Parisienne Custom Sport convertible. Fortunately, FAR MORE closely related to a 64 Impala SS, than a Grand Prix. As with all Canadian Pontiacs of the era, the entire undercarriage is Chevrolet... chassis, floor, trunk, firewall, ect. You'll note that even the console is Chevrolet ( with satin aluminum top instead of that "swirl pattern". It was originally equiped with a 250HP 327, 4 speed. There were some 2800 total Custom Sport rags built, 4 speed version ( all engines... 327 250 & 300 horse, 409, 340,400, 0r 425 horse ) totalled less than 120 cars:
    [​IMG]

Factory 4 speed car, running a correctly dated 425HP 409. Actual 425HP 4 speed version, there were four(4) built... and I know of a maroon one )
    [​IMG]
    Insde:
    [​IMG]

6. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

Or, maybe that's not rare enough ?
    Here's my 63 Parisienne Safari wagon, documented L33 340HP 409, M20 4 speed... If I remember correctly, total production of Parisnne Safaris, was 726 units. With options L33 and M20, there were four(4) built. Sold new in Edmonton, I have owned this car since fall of 1985:
    [​IMG]
    The engine:
    [​IMG]
    Interior. Don't have the stock shifter, but that is the factory tach in the corner of the dash:
    [​IMG]

7. German made amphicar. For those of you that have never seen one, they've got a sealed tub to keep em dry and twin propellers. I think around 500 made, supposedly like 50 left in exishtance.

[​IMG]

8. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

What ? STILL not rare enough ?
    Here's a 1964 Parisienne Safari wagon. Documented L30 400HP 409, M20 4 speed. I owned this for a couple years, but sold it to a customer in 2003. May buy it back though.
    Oh... how many ?
    Of the 1218 1964 Parisienne Safari wagons built, production with options L30 & M20 ( 4 speed is mandatory with mechanical cam 409 ), totals one(1) car:
    [​IMG]
    It IS a restoration project, but it also IS real !:
    Colour is the Canadian version of Coral Mist Poly... here called Sunfire Red Metallic. It's less brown, more maroon/red than the U.S. code:
    [​IMG]

9. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

Oh, almost forgot... My 1964 Pontiac Laurentian 9 passenger Safari wagon. Documented L33 340HP 409, M20 4 speed. I acquired this project car when searching for parts for the 64 Parisienne Safari.
    Yes, that's not an illusion... that is a large section of the sheet metal of the roof... cut out. Some piece-of-shit street rodder, cut that out around 1980, for metal for a rod. Ah yes, put in a room with that dirt bag:D.
    And how many ?
    Of the 726 9 passenger Laurentian Safaris ( 9 passenger was available in Laurentian series only ), with options L33 and M20, there was one(1) car:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a shot inside... yes, that really IS THE 409 valve cover gasket that was there, beside the factory hole in the floor for the 4 speed shifter.
    Did I mention ?.... it would be really nice to "meet" the person who cut the roof out of this 87,000 mile car GM wagon that has rust free 1/4 panels.
    [​IMG]

10. noboD

noboD

BtFH's, I love weird stuff like your's!!

11. First time I ever heard of one with a 4 speed, nice. Dad (RIP) bought a dark aquamarine blue '64 K Series for my Mom :). He raced it at Lyons (run what you brung) and turned good times (14s iirc) on street tires. 413 with cross ram (dual quads) factory cast iron headers, posi and torque flight. His car was a '57 New Yorker with a 392 Hemi. My rarest? not worth mentioning here.

12. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

I haven't had anything terribly rare, but my pops has had a few

currently he has a 1952 Muntz Road Jet, rumor had been whittled down to under 250 produced

he also currently has a 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Convertible

he has had both for almost 25 years now, the muntz was just a pile of parts when he bought it, literally, but he restored it in the mid 80's.

not as rare but still cool, he also has a 1964 chrysler newport 9 passenger wagon (hardtop, no posts on the side)

13. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

1935 ford roadster which is RHD. only made 800 or so of them and there was only 26 brought over to the UK, the car was possibly used by the canadian consulate when it was here for the first part of its life - still trying to get more info on it though.

14. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

How about a '54 Ford Sunliner with a 301 Chevy engine. I claim this is the only one ever. I ran B/modified production. Car, $25, 283 bored to a 301, $150.
    [​IMG]

15. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

A 1955 Zephyr Zodiac (English Ford). According to the registry, there are only 8 known cars in all of North America. It is undergoing restoration/customizing.

Attached Files:

16. hupster

hupster
    from california

I've had 2 Studebakers, a 46 M5 truck and a 48 convert which I still have. But the rarest has to be my 35 Hupmobile. Since Hupp didn't make a 2 dr sedan in 35, but I did, I guess that makes even more rare.

Attached Files:

17. Mopar34

Mopar34

1971 Fiat Dino, 2.4L dohc v6. Engine by Ferrari, car by Fiat. Car was originally imported to US, I was second owner. Never officially sold here, so parts were not easy to come by. Fun car, fast, more reliable than a Fiat. Kept it one year.

18. zzford

zzford

Useta have a 96 Toyota Camry. One of six billion built. Guy in my neck of the woods has a 1924 (?) Oakland roadster pick up. The license plate says 1ofnone.

19. I once owned a '55 Olds Tudor Sedan...it was a "K' model as I recall...I was told it was a Special run of V8 3 Speed cars that needed to be made to race in early NASCAR. Truth is, maybe it was a regular Bread n' Butter '55 Olds that I was sold a bill of goods about...hey, I was young! In any event, it didn't cost a lot of money, it was pristine, it was Black and it ran strong.....I left it on the streets of Covington, Kentucky one day when it wouldn't start.....they may still be looking for me.....Sandpiper

20. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

21. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Ive Got a 1969 Mercury Cyclone 428 cobra jet R-Code. It was my grandfathers and it hasnt seen the rode since 1978.

22. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

23. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

Here are a couple pics from a brochure.

Attached Files:

24. PonchoRunner

PonchoRunner

Let's see:

1974 Pontiac GTO -- 1 of 687 produced with a hatchback and a 4 speed
    1929 Roosevelt -- built by Marmon as a completely new make but only in 1929, in 1930 it became just a model of the Marmon line up.

I have to mention though that this past summer (summer of 2007) I drove one of the six Bugatti Royales. Simply amazing.

Great post, some amazing treasures out there.

25. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Rarest car for me is my '15 Ford Coupelet. Next is the '32 Woodie.
    BobW

26. I had an Austin Healey 3000.If your a restorer look away now.I cut the body off and dropped on a Ford Pop(anglia).Wheelbase is bang on,retrospect maybe not the greatest way to build a hotrod

27. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I grew up in Asheville NC and at one point all the police cars in the city were these things. I got to where I could spot them from a mile away, even at night by the way the parking lights were posistioned. Haven't seen one in years, even in Mexico.

28. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

As the one that started this May I say we have gotten very far from "RARE"
    and too close to "YOU"

Just my .02 :)

29. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

ha ha bLuto...thats why they are Rare..not too many about...;)

30. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I guess the rarest I have owned was a 73 Chevelle SS, not very many around anymore since the 73 and up Chevelles are more popular on the dirt tracks than they are on the street and the SS option being very rare in 73. after owning one I was amazed by the amount of people that thought the Chevelle was only made up to 72, some even argued with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.