Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the Holy Grail of rare parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hester, Jan 24, 2008.

1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

A "RUST FREE" tailgate for my '51 tin woodie wagon:D

2. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

3. BigChief

BigChief

We've got an off-topic Shelby made dual quad intake for the 69-70 Ford Boss 302. SCCA allowed teams to use multi-carb set-ups on larger tracks for a short period of time and Shelby had a few of these made up. Apparently they discovered quickly that the single carb was faster (that, and the in-line Autolite 4 barrel/Cross-Boss combo was coming down the pike) and the dual quads were scrapped....some folks say litterally. There weren't many manifolds cast. The survivors typically had the "SHELBY" lettering ground off and then the part was sold over the counter or off the back door.

Here's a shot of one off the web. The one we have is on a motor sitting at the shop.

-Bigchief.

Attached Files:

4. Holy shit dude that is rare, never seen one...Though I've never owned or had reason to, I'm a fan of the Y-block Ford and early OHV Cadillac Hillborn injection setups. Very rare, the Cad especially...I think some were offered here a while back. Any 337 Flathead parts, orignal Potvin superchargers, Latham blowers, 427 SOHC (wish I had one...)
    -Dean

5. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

32,33 or 34 ford pick up truck doors that have no bottom cancer that are affordable by a comon man.........more so the 34's

Paco

6. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Yeah, probably for a boat, but luckly for the buyer If you look real hard, alas, thank god its just some wedged spacers.
    Another one of my "ultra rare"(somthing I can never seem to find reguardless of price) parts that I need need need, and can't find even when I have money(which I usually don't) for them, is the Caps(metal covers that cover the wood frame) for the doorjams of a 34 3-window.

Drew

7. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

The unexpectedly rare part for me, is this pair of Evans aluminum heads on my stock 35 3 window... 21 stud, water pump mounted on top.
    [​IMG]

8. I could use some "affordable" Packard taillights tand housings, either 54 or 56.........

or a set of these that aren't over $100 for repops (I'm a tightass)

Attached Files:

9. RodLand

RodLand

I can't believe it took 5 pages to get mention of 32-34 pu. doors. They are rare as hens teeth, as are 30-31 coupe deck lids.

10. Gepetto

Gepetto
    from Orange

how bout early hemi speed equipment? i.e. desoto!

11. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Wow. I thought of posting some of that stuff. One thing to add, Stevenson OHV Conversion. Those guys had it going on BEFORE Ardun!

12. banjorear

banjorear

That's funny.

13. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

When I get to work this morning, I'll take a photograph of my Weiand finned front timing cover I have too. I've only seen two of those, and I own one of them!

14. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

53,54 corvette 6 cylinder heads. Cast # 3836241 only used on vette. When I needed a head for a 54 I restored in 1980 they were going for about $1000 to $1500. must be astronomical now!

15. Halfton65

Halfton65

The holy grail for me and a lot of 64-66 chevy truck guys is factory a/c parts, factory p/s stuff and the 5000 rpm factory tach. All of which I now have... :)

16. BenW455

BenW455

Mickey Thompson Aluminum Heads for a Pontiac.

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Adams-Moeller rocker-arm heads for flathead are the shit! I believe only three sets were ever made?
    [​IMG]

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or, Mickey T Hemi heads for a 427 Ford?

19. Abomination

Abomination

Jhan's pistons (domed) for the 318 Poly, maybe?

20. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

From an early Chevy six point of view---Sharp side cover, aluminum Nicson cylinder head, Tattersfield three carb intake. Anyone ever seen an Edmunds aluminum oil bath air cleaner for a 4bbl carb?

21. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

An old Scott injection for an Olds that I just picked up

Attached Files:

22. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Affordable Edelbrock B262 dual quad intakes for a nailhead.

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Guided tours are $10.00, by appointment only.

Jlsandov321 likes this.
  25. 41woodie

41woodie

The stuff I want is the rarest, the stuff I have, not!

26. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Edmunds Valve Cover for a 216/235/261, or a 261 at a decent price would be on my list too. I found one still in a "parts truck" here locally, but the guy said I couldn't take just the engine, I had to take the whole truck even if I paid his asking price, and what the hell am I gonna do with the nasty remains of a 2Ton Flatbed truck in a housing track. Someone with a little more space snapped it up quick when I had to pass. Oh well, better luck next time.

27. POPSTAGE2

POPSTAGE2
    from Wisconsin

Kustom brand headers for Buick stage2 heads in NOS or used.
    Guy

28. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Ya I think we all feel that way to a point, :cool: I know I been hunting a 28/9 A roadster drivers side rear quarter for over a year+ and still found nothing yet thats even in fixible shape,and I can fix nearly anything but a screendoor part[super rusted]:eek:

29. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    I have a Sharp head on the flatty 6 in my '46 Plymouth. I've never seen another one, tho I have seen Edmunds and Fentons ( I have a Fenton on my '39.) l'd really like to find a Sharp 2x1 intake to replace the Edmunds on the '46).
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

30. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Here's the Weiand timing cover and Crower fuel pump. I've only seen two of these timing covers, and I own one of them. The pump isn't that rare, but it's neat as it's not Enderle or Hilborn.

[​IMG]