Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB relay, Austin, Texas to Tulsa, Ok?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oktr6r, Jan 10, 2008.

1. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

A new member here posted last week looking for a sidecar, as well as contacting me about info on how I built mine. He ran across a good deal on one. I may have someone that can pick it up for us in Austin, but could use help getting it to Tulsa.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

2. crutch

crutch
    from Oklahoma

Thanks oktr6r! I appreciate any help I can get to make this happen.

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

You might send BenD a message. I know he was planning another run to Austin but he may have been there already... He lives in Webb MO (I think) so he comes through Tulsa on his way home.

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Oh yeah, the Roundup is less than three months away. I'm sure there will be someone from this area heading that way and back then.

5. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Not sure how quick he needs it here in Tulsa, but anyone heading this way for a car show that could help, I'd really appreciate it. It could be dropped off at my house, I'm very easy to get to from I-44 or Highway 75. I can deliver it to him from that point.

6. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Looks like we have pick-up of the sidecar covered. A buddy that lives in Austin will pick it up, hopefully Friday evening.

Man, I'm having flashbacks to a year ago, when I bought my '94 Ford E350 bus on ebay and worked a deal to get it shuttled across country by some friends I haven't met... A month and 1,700 miles later, I drove it the first time, backing it in my driveway.

7. crutch

crutch
    from Oklahoma

Hey oktr6r, I'm trying to find someone close to Austin to pick it up from your friend. Don't know if I will but trying. Thanks for all your effort it really is very kind of you and your friend in Austin.

8. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'll be in Austin this weekend, and will be coming back to Fort Worth this Sunday with 1/2 of a Ford Ranger bed open. I think a sidecar would fit. Let me know if this helps (sounds like I would be Plan B or Plan C!)

Danny

9. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Looks like we're still looking, or waiting until late Feb. to get the sidecar moved. It'll fit in the back of a full sized pickup, not sure about a small truck though.

10. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Appreciate the offer, but not sure that would have helped much. Might be a tight fit in the back of a Ranger, I don't think it'd fit with a bunch of other stuff.

11. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I travel alot into OK and am planning on going to enid OK in a weeks or 2 I can get it close and am going to tulsa in about a month????

12. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

Oh forgot to say that I have a 20 gooseneck trailer. I could pick it up in Waco

13. crutch

crutch
    from Oklahoma

Ha, anyone...Bueller...Bueller?