Register now to get rid of these ads!

I lost my Son Cody and my HAMB family needs to hear my thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Jan 21, 2008.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Glenn,

I worry about this every weekend when my 17 and 21 year old boys leave the house.

I had a similar call from a State Trooper when my Dad took his own life in 2000. It is the worse phone call anyone can receive and it has to be even more horrific when it is regarding one of your children.

Please know you will have some prayers from Indiana.

2. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Glenn, So sorry to hear of your loss. Our family shares your grief and will add Cody and family to our prayers.

41 Dave

3. Kettleman

Kettleman

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

4. Glenn, you have been here helping the HAMB for years, we appreciate all the work you have done.........we owe it to you and your son to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

5. Glenn, condolences from all of my family - we have a 7 yr old girl and can't imagine losing her - know that you have the support of a big family in the hamb . . .

Steve

6. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Condolences from my family to yours.

You will be in my prayers and take care of yourself and the rest of your family!

7. bigdreamsnobux

bigdreamsnobux

As a father of 2 young boys, I really can't find words to express how sorry I am for your loss ...

Prayers go out for your family from ours.

8. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

I am so very sorry about your son. Your family and his fiance will be my thoughts and prayers...as you try to make your ways without your son Cody. I cannot say that time will heal but your emotions will change everyday...sometimes better sometimes worse but you have to go with it to attempt to heal. The toughest road to come is the quiet after.....speaking from experience. Many years ago, I lost a boyfriend in a automobile accident and it just changes you. It's a devastating blow to your world as you thought how perfect you thought it was....life is so very precious and fragile and often we get caught up in our everyday lives and don't stop to think about it. I can only say that you need to take the time especially now to be good to yourself and give yourself time to go through your stuff on your own terms. Be patient with yourself and especially your wife who is going to feel to deepest of grief with of the loss of a baby (no matter how old your son was). Everyone grieves differently so find what works and find away to make it healing for your entire family.

9. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

I am so very sorry about your son. Your family and his fiance will be my thoughts and prayers...as you try to make your ways without your son Cody. I cannot say that time will heal but your emotions will change everyday...sometimes better sometimes worse but you have to go with it to attempt to heal. The toughest road to come is the quiet after.....speaking from experience. Many years ago, I lost a boyfriend in a automobile accident and it just changes you. It's a devastating blow to your world as you thought how perfect you thought it was....life is so very precious and fragile and often we get caught up in our everyday lives and don't stop to think about it. I can only say that you need to take the time especially now to be good to yourself and give yourself time to go through your stuff on your own terms. Be patient with yourself and especially your wife who is going to feel to deepest of grief with of the loss of a baby (no matter how old your son was). Everyone grieves differently so find what works and find away to make it healing for your entire family.

10. gtbrain

gtbrain

Sorry about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
    My 16 year old son will wonder why I'm hugging him when I get home tonight.

11. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

So sorry for your loss. As a new father it tears me up to hear this.

12. torchmen49

torchmen49

Be strong we are all here for you. My deepest condolances to you and your family. - Torch

13. Plymouth

Plymouth

I too am so sorry ......... Christmas eve I went to mass for a funeral of a 18 year old girl Amada.. My wife homecared for her when she wan 1.5 to 6 yrs old .. Cold heartbroken seeing parents ... Going to the cematary very hard... Amanda was on her way to become a nurse and caregiver and God took her ... Our Priest told us at mass that no matter what age GOD knows when its time..... sad .... He also told us that day that Jusus also was brought in to this world with no warmth from a fire blankets of warmth .. etc.... He told us that God the creator provided and comforted.. I know this is not the answer you would of hoped for ....But I pray also GOD will comfort you...

14. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

I don't believe words could possibly describe what you and your family are going through, what you wrote is truly moving. You and yours are in my prayers
    so sorry for your loss :( :(

15. custom

custom
    from Ohio

As the father of 3 boys I really don't know what else to say right now other than I pray that God provides and your family His peace that passes all understanding.

16. DUSTY13

DUSTY13

I Am Sorry Man I Feel For You
    My Prayers Are With Ya Hang In There

17. premium

premium
    from Goergia

i lost an uncle and grandfather in between thanksgiving and christmas. thoughts are with you sir. try to keep your head up!..all the best to your familey.

18. Wesley

Wesley

I am at a loss for coherant words, my heart and prayers go out to you and your loved ones.

19. MotorBike Mike

MotorBike Mike

I am so very sorry for your loss... I couldn't imagine how I would deal with losing a child. You and yours are in my familys prayers tonight...

Mike

20. radical56chevy

radical56chevy

prayers go out to you and your family..we just lost a family memebr week before thanks giving.
    its hard.but as time goes by gets little easier..

21. rodsnhawgs

rodsnhawgs
    from WV

This is not what I expected to read when I logged on today. Glenn, you and your family and Nicole have my deepest sympathies. No words are adequate - please know I am with you all in spirit. Cody sounds like a fine young man - it made me proud (of you and him) to read your words about him.

22. DashEight

DashEight
    from Seattle WA

God be with you and your family.

23. greendream

greendream

I'm terribly sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

24. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

blessings to you and yours'...
    nic

25. davesville

davesville

stay together for support .feeling youre grief . what a lovely man

26. Dyce

Dyce

Glenn I lost my Dad when he was 51 and almost lost my son when He was less than a year old a little more than a year apart. Man a guy can get low. You would trade spots anytime when you see your child suffer but you can'nt. I don't know why there's so much suffering but one thing I do know. God is there, he is always there. He pulls us through. We can only hope our loved ones who passed before us will be waiting for us, but there is one thing I'm sure of. Those who make it to heaven will be so full it won't matter....... That's my beleif. Hang in there!!!! My prayers go out to your familly.
    Jeff

27. wsdad

wsdad

May God be with you and your family.

28. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

I am very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family in this very difficult time. Stay strong and remember all the good times you had together, that can never be taken away.

29. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

this post brought tears to my eyes.
    i cant imagine how much pain you and your family must be feeling you will be in my thoughts and prayers

30. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

Glenn,

Pain and loss like that is universal....... something that strikes hard where ever you are, whichever language you speak or think. Same goes for love. The love that, without a doubt, is felt reading your words describing the relationship of a father and son, soon to be husband and a friend of many.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your entire family aswell as everyone who was blessed by his presence through his 25 years of life.

Thomas