Register now to get rid of these ads!

mo' doors = mo' fun?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fast41, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poopy

Poopy
    from abbotsford

I fought getting a 4 door for the longest time, but this clean stocker came up for sale and its super straight, with little rust....so I took the plunge. Just dropped the ass the other day, new tires and wheels coming tomorrow....the fun begins....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

If they're so cool, then why haven't I been able to sell the 56 Bel Air that's been killing my grass for the past few months?

3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I don't know about that But I think I have seen my style 39 Ford four door done up in a lot of vintage magazines from back in the day.

Attached Files:

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Oh yeah I forgot I currently have this 4 door Studebaker.

Attached Files:

5. Carpet Bomber

Carpet Bomber
    from Minnesota

62 Dynamic 88 4dr HT, I don't have any current pics, but here is what its going to look like upon completion. It is in primer right know.
    [​IMG]

6. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

How bout some details on your 210 4door chop? I've got one that's a driver. Yours looks super tuff. Tomcat1

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

A few years back, Rod and Custom mag had a contest for readers concepts....and they would have the artwork done as a prize....here's my concept for "The Michigan Dad", my clone variant of "The California Kid", drawn by Darryl Mayabb. Also a pic of the unfinished project and my son standing by it to show how stance is EVERYTHING. Fordors Rock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I have had quit a few moor doors. I started out with one so I have always had a sweet spot for them. Here are the ones I currently own: My 51 that I resently reaquired(this is my first car I ever bought, going to be a full Kustom sometime in the near future); my old ladys 50 that is all torn apart at the moment(soon to be a 60's mild custom); and the most recently aquired family wagon. Also here are some pics of two different versions of my old 49 Dodge I built a few years ago

Attached Files:

9. This 57 Belair moredoor is one of my favorites.Thanks to talisman for the pic on another thread,it's his.

10. Trent_A

Trent_A

The tractors in the background are my old man’s customer’s tractors. He runs a small John Deere repair and restore shop.

11. justmetony

justmetony

Liked the pics of the old 4 doors. Learned to drive in a 49 Chrysler New Yorker 4 door. It was a lot of fun. We could go as fast as we could as long as we followed the fence line and stayed in second gear. lots of fun in that old car. With all the 2 doors being snached up and at a very high cost 4 doors and station wagons are the next rides for us to work on and drive. Liked the pics a lot.
    thanks.

12. nitroracer

nitroracer

This is my 4-door project. Found it cheap and rust free, even drove it home for under a grand. 1968 Fairlane 500. Lowered and 351W ready to drop in when it warms up, then its time to drive the wheels off it.

[​IMG]

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Though this is not my car its even the same colour as the one I just picked up. Gasser baby, YEAH!
    Picture this,
    [​IMG]
    as, this........

[​IMG]

More fum with more doors.
    With thanks to the 'Drag cars in motion' thread for my affliction and these two lovely pictures.

Doc.

14. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Here's mine.
    As much as I like the "patina", the bad news is that the "patina" extends quite a ways into the door jambs, quarters, trunk, and floor pans.

Instead of repairing it as a 4 door, I'm planing on cutting out the cancer at the time of the 2 door conversion. [click the you-tube link to see]

In the near term, I'll be "preserving" it in it's current condition and daily driving it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLGxlFyzx4

[​IMG]

15. skincat

skincat
    from kokomo, in

gonna be turning into the family car.

[​IMG]

16. dadseh

dadseh

here's my Aussie 64 moredoor GM Holden

Attached Files:

17. dadseh

dadseh

Yaaaaayyyyyy.... 200 posts!!! in 6 years!!! Im a reader I guess.

18. dadseh

dadseh

Or for those of you that prefer a 210 post........

Attached Files:

19. James Curl

James Curl

I have a 48 Plymouth four door that I took on a 4600 mile trip last summer, the four doors come in handy if you are hauling more than one person. No one made any comments about the car being a four door, people just like seeing old cars on the road. They bring back memories of simpler times. We got a lot of tumbs up during the trip. With the price of coupes and two doors going up four doors look better all the time and are more available.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW that looks nice! I always loved the EH wagons but now I think I have a new 'future' daily driver project!:eek:

21. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

[​IMG]
    my 4 dr 59 FC holden wagon

22. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

My Poncho...............work in progress:cool:

Attached Files:

23. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's a Star Chief, isn't it? I love the loooong trunks on those. They look tailor made for a long road trip with the family.

-Dave

24. hodaddyo

hodaddyo

[​IMG]

here's mine circa 2005, i never should have sold it. that car was a blast. the poseur who bought it from me couldn't drive it and didn't take very good care of it. does anyone know where this car is now. i know he sold it to someone in NJ.

25. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

<---my 4 door 60's custom

26. JoeG

JoeG

[​IMG]

With a wife and 2 car seats for the wee people, a 4 door just makes more sense for us. To be honest I sometimes get a little bored seeing the two doors.

27. tommy v

tommy v

28. tommy v

tommy v

29. tommy v

tommy v

30. tommy v

tommy v

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.