Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear End Swap In A 1941 Chevy Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4 T 1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. 4 T 1

4 T 1
    from colorado

Hello- anybody have experience with swapping a Nova 10 bolt under a 41' chevy Coupe. I am curious as to what the best rear leaf spring kit would be to use. I like the idea of a bolt in kit, but I am not afraid of welding. Thanks !!!!

2. tomslik

tomslik

i've got a chassis eng. kit in mine (48), rides abit stiff though...

3. i've used the chassis engineering kit too, works killer, but you do have to weld the pads onto the axle

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I had a 41 sedan delivery that i put a 56 chevy rear end in it. it was a good fit. i used the 41 rear springs

5. I run Chassis Engineering , good stuff.

6. TT66'

TT66'

I just put a Chassis Eng. in mine recently. Good fit and not too hard to install. You will have to install spring pads yourself. I haven't driven on mine yet so I can't give you a report on the ride.

7. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Chassis Engineering is the way to go...I put one in my 40 Chevy sedan and it rides nice and is an easy install.

8. snap too

snap too
    from lost wages

I put a 55 Chev. pass car housing under my old "Green Weenie" , I seem to remember having to drill new holes in the mounting pads . The stock '41 used a pivot deal to let the rearend housing float and if you use the stock spring center location , it places the wheel about 1 1/2" forward of the fender opening .

9. trent

trent

I just put a camaro 10 bolt under mine from an 81 and kept the camaro springs in it. I don't have the whole car reweighted yet. I think I will need to put in lowering blocks in to get it down to a ride height of about 8 inches. Right now it seems a soft though. I welded in the front camaro brackets and made new shackles for the back. Those went into the old bumper bushinged holes. I had the body off and did it.

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Threads a year old......

11. malkintent

malkintent

yep and wouldnt have seen it otherwise.

you point?

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

If Trent's looking to help the original poster I doubt the dude is still watching this post.

Just pointing it out in case he wonders why the dude never responds ack.

There just happens to be another 41 Chevy rear post within the last week in case that's the one he was looking for. I'm guessing a search got him to this one...

13. 41torpedo

41torpedo

would the same kit work on a 1941 pontiac torpedo, anyone?