Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pic / Suggestion request: 58-62 GM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Matthimself, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Matthimself

Matthimself

I've come to grips with the fact that I can't afford to build a hotrod so I'm just gonna stick with the 60 LeSabre that I have. Seems like everyone that has one of these turns it into a custom but Im not sure what I want. Should I just slam it, shave it and flake the roof with maybe some scallops on the body? Maybe a super low old school street fighter with big and little supremes, flat paint, a nasty dual quad 425 cu. in. nailhead with ground scraping header collectors and a four speed? Just leave it a mostly stock cruiser? Maybe something I didn't think of? Show me any fullsize GM from 58 to 62. Especially cars set up to go fast that aren't Chevies. How would you build a 1960 2-door no-post LeSabre?

2. Matthimself

Matthimself

3. buick 58

buick 58

4. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

well, this is what i did to a 60 pontiac.

[​IMG]<br/>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014

5. tommy v

tommy v

i think these car should be kustoms [​IMG]

6. tommy v

tommy v

heres my ,it's stock just lowwered a little--[​IMG]

7. tommy v

tommy v

8. tommy v

tommy v

9. tommy v

tommy v

10. Matthimself

Matthimself

Anybody ever build something from this era into a racer? What about back in the day? Were these like the forgotten years between gassers and musclecars?

11. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

My old '61....I sure do miss this car! Been looking for another one ever since......sold it right before finding the Hamb. DOH! Had big plans for it too.....

The late 50's-early '60's cars BEG to be lowered and shaved.....

[​IMG]

12. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I've got some great Nascar footage from '59-61 and there are some GREAT GM bubbletops in it. Lots more Olds and Pontiac than I expected, I'm sure there were some Buicks too. Those canted-fin Bufords are some of my favorite cars man, show us yours!

13. Matthimself

Matthimself

Id love to show it off but its under a snowdrift at the moment. Just picture one light blue with a white top and bubbles in the lower quarters. Truth is Im flat broke right now so for this summer its probably just going to get driven as is. Maybe cut the coils, take care of some rust and shoot it in primer. If I unexpectedly get rich I'll bag it, shave it, and get it striped.

14. tommy v

tommy v

15. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Here's mine. I just finished shaving door handles, mirrors, antenna, locks etc. I've got a full air ride, and an beginning a motor rebuild. These cars have a ton of potential. Dont give up on your Buick. Youldd be the only one at the show with one, every time.

Attached Files:

16. Racer? You ARE kidding, right?

17. Matthimself

Matthimself

Uh I don't think I'm kidding. 409 Impalas were hot stuff. No one ever had a comparable Rocket Olds or Nailhead Buick?

18. Algon

Algon

Thats not really what these heavy cars were known for other than in the Super Stock ranks and NASCAR when they were new.

I dig them too GM 58-62 are some of my favorite cars more so 59-60. With a load of money you can make anything fast but they were more likely to end up as an engine donor or tow vehical than a race car.

There are exceptions but generally we are talking 14-15 second plus cars here without seriously built engines. The more weight the harder the car is on parts and most move on to the free speed in having a better power to weight ratio. It is cool to see a big body car hook up, and take off.

I'm not sure who's it is but this 60 is bad, I had a Catalina sedan that I started to straight axle, and dump a stroked poncho into. My driver was a optioned out 60 Ventura hardtop. I thought it would be cool to drag the Catalina to the strip with it but I ended up selling both cars in favor going faster.

Attached Files: