Register now to get rid of these ads!

I lost my Son Cody and my HAMB family needs to hear my thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Glenn,

This is my son, Cody. He is my only child and is the center of my and my wife's lives. Our Cody just turned two years old and I sometimes cannot imagine how I could love him any more. Your lose is more than my heart and head can imagine and I cannot say in any words that come close to saying how sorry I feel for your family's loss. But I want to thank you, too. Thank you for sharing your story and your loss with us, because I will even more now count my blessing and make the absolute most of every day that I get with my son. Please know that ever more, a small part of your Cody will always be with us in this way. I will work hard at raising my son with strong values to become a good man just like your Cody had become. Again, thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

I sit here with tears streaming down my face. Though I am a parent of two beautiful children, I simply can not imagine the pain that you are enduring. I will pray that I can carry some of the burden for you. A special place in heaven awaits those of extraordinary tribulation and strength. I wish there was more than I could do, I can't even type anymore.
    Dale

3. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Prayers to you and your family and Cody's fiancee'.

I know this will make me hug my 3 a little tighter....

4. TwinH

TwinH
    from Finland

I´m so sorry for your loss...

5. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

God bless you and your family. Try to talk about all the good times you have shared together and smile at the thought of him. I am sorry to here about your son. god bless

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I am so sorry for your loss. Cody was a great son for you, but he was also extremely blessed to have such a great Dad. Thank you for sharing this most difficult time of your life with us, and I know your family will find the strength to move forward.

7. solo_909

solo_909

Im truly sorry for you loss! this reminds me of a verse from the bible. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the lord" Your son is in a better place and I know for this time on earth you will miss him sooooo much but just look forward to the eternity you get to spend with him without sorry or pain. This life goes by in the blink of an eye but one day we will all be together with God where nobody can be taking away from us. ill pray for you and your family

8. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

i wish you and everyone in your family and friends the best with everything that youre dealing with

9. glmke

glmke

prayers to your family, i take comfort in a farther in heaven who sometimes does'nt make sence and why he calls home so many men and women way to early, but thru his love and grace has built us a kingdom that are love ones will know no pain and we can look forward to seeing again. so sorry for your loss glenn.

10. scr8p

scr8p

i'm very sorry about the loss of your son. your family is in our thoughts and prayers.....................

11. lik2writ

lik2writ
    from NY

so very sorry...You and your Family are in my prayers.

12. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Glenn,

I do not have the words to express the sorrow I feel. I know that I cannot understand what you're going through right now. But I hope you know that the outpouring of support expressed here is genuine - we are all thinking of you.

My thoughts and deepest condolences go out to you & your family during this unimaginably difficult time.

Ernie

13. roddinron

roddinron

Nothing more horrible could ever happen to a parent, I'm so sorry for all of you...

14. Backtoflatheads

Backtoflatheads

I know I'm just a new guy here, but your tragedy reached me deeply. I too have children ( 21, 9, & 7 ), and even so, I cannot even imagine the pain that you, your wife, your family must feel. It is quite apparent that Cody was a very fine young man, and as others have mentioned, you can take pride in that. His influence on others, his values, will live on in the people he touched... that in itself, is immortal.

try to be strong

Aubrey

15. Glenn,
    So sorry to hear this.Your a great dad and person.My thoughts go out to you,your family and friends.
    I have two kids and they're my life as well as my best friends.I couldn't imagine losing one of them.
    -Shiny

16. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

I really don't know what to say, Im sorry just explain how bad I feel for you and your family.
    Duke

17. Dirk35

Dirk35

Wow!!! I couldnt imagine if I ever got that call, what I would do or how I wold feel! Im sorry for your loss.

18. Nailhead

Nailhead

You have my most sincere condolences. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. Remember him for the little boy he was and the man he grew to be, everything that made him your son, and he will be with you forever..

Todd

19. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

My condolences for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

20. beauishere

beauishere

I am terribly sorry for your loss. Your family sounds very much like my own. I cannot imagine your pain. May your son rest in peace. He sounds like a fine young man who will be fondly remembered by all who knew him.

Please stay strong so that you can take care of your family. They need you now more than ever.

My family's love and prayers go to you and yours.

21. SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME.. I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS..

22. AHotRod ....
    Us in the "hot rod" family send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family, to have the strength to help deal with this..

23. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

we love you man! and we are here for you!

24. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Sorry for Your loss.

Mika

25. chickncoupe

chickncoupe
    from michigan

Glenn and family So sorry to here about the loss of your son . We will keep you in our prayers . I cant emagine the pain your going threw. Stay close to the ones you love they will need you and you will need them .God bless you and you family and all of Cody's friends.

26. gofaster

gofaster
    from georgia

Glenn. I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. I know that the upcoming time will be difficult for you and your family and I pray that you can find peace in your hearts and know that you have an angel looking down on you. God bless you and your family.

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'm very sorry to hear this. prayers sent your way. I dont know what else to say. I pray you find peace and comfort.

28. I am really sorry to hear this. Prayers.
    Tony

29. teddyp

teddyp

sorry for your loss my prayers to you and yours

30. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

Thats no good.
    My dad died the same way when he was 23 years old driving a mazda rx-3 in the late seventies.