Register now to get rid of these ads!

I lost my Son Cody and my HAMB family needs to hear my thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Jan 21, 2008.

1. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Thank you for putting your feelings on the HAMB for us. We all need a reminder of how close we are to losing what we love everyday, all around us. Please take comfort in what you receive from all of us here. You are in our thoughts and prayers....
    Jay

2. TbirdGirl

TbirdGirl
    BANNED

Oh wow...reading this made me tear up. Im so very sorry for your loss. I know that there are no words that can be said that will even come close to healing the pain, but my best wishes go to you and your family in your time of need.

Take care of yourselves, and please keep up all updated.

xoxo
    Niki

3. I know "I'm sorry" doesn't cut it, but I am really at a loss for anything else to say. I will pray HARD for your family, it's going to be tough, no doubt about it, but as a family, you'll get through this.
    Please accept my most sincere, heartfelt, condolences. Should you ever need a ear to bend, a shoulder to lean on (and this goes for any member of your family, as well) I'm only a PM away.

4. rodknocker

rodknocker

A heartfelt moment of silence for your son, you , and your family.God Bless.

5. boarderline

boarderline

GLENN
    Im the same age as you with one child, a son, tim whos 23 i cant amagine what it would be like to here news like that.
    Yesterday he and i had an argument about something silly and i had been giving him the silent treatment, but after reading about the death of your son i realise how stupid i had been all i want to do is hold him tight when he gets home from work, he will probably think im mad but never mind .IM so sorry for you and your family for your loss
    regards DAVE

6. davelamboriginals

davelamboriginals
    from fremont nh

i am so sorry to hear of your loss...please remember the happy timesnhopefully it will lessen the pain. in our hearts and prayers dave lamb & family

7. floored

floored

I am truely sorry, prayers for you and your family.

8. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

I can't know the pain your feeling, but having lost my father 2 years ago, I do know how devastating loss can be. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. God bless.

9. gts340

gts340

I'm so sorry and I hope you and your family heal. There is nothing I can compare it to that I have been through. I can only imagine.

10. Hooligansince65

Hooligansince65
    from Chicago

So sorry for you and your family's devastating loss. From a fellow parent

11. myke

myke
    from SoCal

My deepest condolences.

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Glenn,
    hang in there brother...God Bless.

13. Cshabang

Cshabang

I know this isn't enough, to say I'm sorry, to send my condolences...I'm 28, and can't even imagine how painful this is on you and your family...I will be praying for you...thank you for sharing, it opened my eyes...

14. I am sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. I am truly sad.

15. jdubbya

jdubbya

My thoughts are with you and your family... my deepest sympathy goes out to you. Take care, and you know that your thousands of HAMB friends are here for you.

16. I can't begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. My thoughts are with you.

17. Scott F.

Scott F.

I've got tears in my eyes and a sad feeling in my heart. This brings things quickly into perspective. I pray for you and your family and son. I pray that someday you will gain an understanding of Gods plan for your son. It will not make the hurt go away, I know.
    Also, hold tight to your family.

Scott

18. paint101

paint101
    from SC

Talk about all choked up, man! Me and my wife just read the story and I must tell you that you have our prayers going out to you guys ASAP! Hang in there and keep your head up. In a time like this we all need God on our side.

The Morgan Family

19. hkestes

hkestes

My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that God will offer you strength and comfort in your time of sorrow. I hope the happy memories will eventually take a deeper place in your heart to ease the pain of your loss.

20. Glenn,

So sorry to hear about this. I couldn't even imagine. My prayers are with you and be strong.

21. Wildfire

Wildfire

So sorry for your loss. Love each other and trust in the Lord.

22. movingviolation

movingviolation

Glenn........what do one say to ease the pain brother.

As the recipient of one of the phone calls you never forget that brings news of tragity that changes you forever. I must tell you to be strong, dont stop talking to you son, smile and laugh at the things you shared. There will seem to be lows that seem to never go away and days where you just stop and look at the world pass you by............but, We are there for you my fellow HAMB'r. Treasure the ones around you and the memories of days past.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Leon House

23. Glenn and Family,
    I am sorry for your loss.

:( Kurt

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

To the Hayes Family,
    I, too, lost a family member, my Mom, to a traffic accident when I was 21 in 1972.
    I have no idea what losing a child must be like, and I can only imagine what you are going through.
    We will be thinking of you all tonight and in the days to come.
    Peace to you from SoCal...

26. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Sir
    As a father too I want to offer my condolences and my prayers to you and your family. God needed Cody by his side for some reason. God Bless You All.

27. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

I read 11 pages and my eyes are still not dry,Just posting what you did must have been difficult beyond words.I dont want to ever have to do what you just went through.My heart pours out for you and your family The love you have for each other shows and will continue to show in time.You will need each other.The hamb is full of people with big hearts With all the support and prayers to help you heal may your family see brighter days ahead.....Im just so sorry.

28. Doc22

Doc22

I am sorry to hear about your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Remember the good times, share those stories and keep strong. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

29. carmarket

carmarket

I pray that peace may someday be with you and your family again

30. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I've lost alot of family members over the years, but I'm not even going to pretend I know what it's like to lose a child. My son is 27, and I don't know what I'd do if I lost him....I'm here for you Glenn...

kidcampbell71 likes this.