Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building a Bucking Model-T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodlandca, Jan 16, 2008.

1. woodlandca

woodlandca

Does anyone have information on how to build a period Bucking Model-T. I would like to build one before next county fair starts in September.

2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

A "bucking" Model T for the county fair? Are you gonna enter it in the rodeo?

I think you mean "Bucket T". Do a Google search. There are a few differnent companies out there that offer kits. TO make it period, just be sure to use period parts like drum brakes, bias plys, and an old engine.

3. woodlandca

woodlandca

No, it was called a bucking model t. The car was built so the tires would come off ground with little power. Basically the car bucked. It was low buck county fair intertainment in the 1920's.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

5. I had a racecar with leaf spring rear that you could bounce the rear end high off the ground with the shocks out. Don't think it would work with the transverse leaf though.
    Another guy with a vee dub had a set of wheels made with off-center centres, you had to have the wheels all off-centre the same amount when you started- it was hilarious, especially when the wheels got "out of sync" and it became almost undriveable.

-Pete.

6. arto

arto

I'm pretty sure somebody on here has a pic of a T done up like that as his avatar--the rear axle is moved forward like two or three feet so it'll do wheelies. Is that what you mean?

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

yes i don't know the name by heart but someone on here has a bucking car for his avatar.If I spot it I'll come back and give you his screen name

8. sk8ncruz

sk8ncruz
    from pratt, ks

the shriners in my home town have had one as many years as i can remember, they drive it in parades all over the area. they also have mini-bucking T's (like small go carts) that look like the big T
    they always have lots of fun driving wheelies

9. sk8ncruz

sk8ncruz
    from pratt, ks

povertyflats has a pic on is avatar

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I remember a rodeo clown years ago..Bo Bland ..that had one..a Model A tourning with the rear end moved forward..looked like fun

11. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I've seen plans reently--radical wheelbase shift, wheels respoked to eccentric. I think these must have been in a recent "Secrets".

12. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

The one I've seen used Model A wheels and they just cut out the spokes and replaced them with short spokes on one side and long on the other, pretty simple and hilarious to watch.

13. I started on a bucking Model T hot rod project for a customer who drove me bucking nuts with his bucking goofy ideas of things he wanted me to do on it. I told him to get his bucking stuff out of my bucking shop ! :)

14. What the buck!!-MIKE:eek::D

15. woodlandca

woodlandca

16. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

I hope you don't use real T parts as that would be a total waste of Ford tin.