Register now to get rid of these ads!

World of Wheels Milwaukee.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WINGED AVENGER, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Anybody go to theMilwaukee, Wi-World of Wheels this weekend at State Fair Park? Went with the family-big disappoinment. A little Rat, some Street and Custom, but nothing special. Your thoughts on the show, if you went.

2. Jaker

Jaker

I thought it was pretty decent.... but I might be biased. The two riddler cars were awesome, the pinstriping jamboree was great, and Bobbleed busted some dude for selling MFS bootlegs. Not to mention the Danger crew's sign, and young Johnny Jean Jacket's award winning roadster!

All in all a great show.

-Jake

3. rab71

rab71

I was gonna' go but too many other priorities...:( Anyone have some pics they wanna' post? I thought The Cheaters were gonna' be there w/ a few cars?

4. customcafe

customcafe
    from TEXAS

I went with my buddy mike and thought it kinda sucked too. My bodyguys shop did not have a booth, and I did not see the cheaters kids. Had some neat stuff, some lame stuff, some muscle stuff, and some old wrestler dude who my friend recognized. (not a real big line around this guy mind you!)

But....it was nice in this hellhole called wisconsin to see some tin I wont see again until at least June (frickin winter sucks) So that was worth it.

J

5. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

The Cheaters had an 11 car display, some of our new stuff and some old stuff. The Houdlums had a real nice display, and the Aceholes also. That green 32 was amazing and the old guy who built and owns it couldnt be any cooler. The pinstriping was amazing. I saw a bunch of cars that I really took time to check out and were nicely done....41 willys convert....37 cabrio, 52 cad...just to name a few not excluding the 57 chev panel painted by Butch Brenza in the 60s and the paint looks as good today!!! I am soory if you found nothing to look at but I think it was one of the best in years.

6. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

I am sorry your family is a big disappointment, I'm sure you can work through it together, as for The car show, I dunno winged one, yes you are intitled to your opinion, but your idea of "special" & mine are different. I viewed several cars & displays that were VERY cool.

- The Survivor 32 Ford Coupe Metallic Green & Chrome....BOOM!
    - Johnny Jean Jackets dads Roadster...BOOM! - The whole ACEHoles Club Display!
    - Mike Langs (aka CheaterMIKE) Supercharged Flathead 32 Ford 5 Window Coupe!
    - Mike Langs 35 Ford Pick Up w/GENUNIE 1922 Factory Harley Board Track Race Bike & Accelcior Factory Race Bike, BIG Time RARE - BIG TIME ILL as a MUG! All used as the feature for the Pin Strippers!
    - The Amazing Pin Stripper Talent!
    - The Break Dancers!
    - Bob Bleed drove all the way back home (from Texas) just to share his roadster w/unappreciative blankety blanks like you!
    - Bobs Dads new roadster - It was pure White suede magic!
    - Mike B's 32 Chevy Coupe - NAIL HEAD EQUIPPED!
    - Cheater Chris's Staff Car Sedan (if you you saw the headliner you would know the deal)
    - The Road Kaptains Modified Copper T Roadster - The Cheaters Display!
    - Glenn Flugges Chrysler 300 Kustom (at this years Pile Up Dennis Gauge traded Glenn a moustache ride for a cruise in it! That's how bad ass it is!) - The Hoodlums...DO IT!
    - Kenosha Gerrys Super Charged Flathead 32 Ford Sedan!
    - What about Uncle Jejietz's Truimph Kustom Sickle Man!
    - 37 Ford Cabrio w/1950's Hemi Power!
    That's just some of the stuff I found "special".
    I know alot of people that had stuff there that they worked very hard to make that they think is special.
    Sounds like your version of special might be the same as the retarded kind, maybe your version of cool isn't really cool, maybe your version of cool is more like a high school english teachers, you know, cord slacks and a 1970's MG, maybe a sweater vest when you feel wild.
    Whatever right, we are all intitled to our opinion, and you did ask for our thoughts.
    I cannot wait to dissapoint you again next year!
    I probably won't see you till then cuz I don't get by Squaresville too often.

Sincerely,
    CheaterCarl
    2008 Mr. Nude World of Wheels

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

both shows sucked! badly! cause i wasnt at either! :)

9. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

He attended both shows so I do believe he has the right to that opinion. Unless you came and somehow everyone here missed you, but I find that hard to believe. I know if you came you would throw a party while work was going on all around you....Way to keep tabs on everyones opinions.
    CheaterJack

10. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I have had a car or multiple cars at both shows...... and in Milwaukee the world of wheels dosent have a traditional section, or claims to be a traditional show. Saying that I believe there were some real quailty cars attending this year.....like I said I believed detroit had a better quality cars the previous year at the TRADITIONAL SHOW. Its like comparing apples to hammers..... I guess its all about what your into...some like fords and chevs, some like the cars that our grandpas couldnt get a peice of ass in. So I guess its all in the eye of the beholder. I am sure this post will be pulled in minutes anyways...so Love Always
    Chris

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

yeah, just like the dude that started this thread had a right to his opinion without your posse jumping down his shit and making sarcastic ass comments to him.

I've been to both shows too and there is no way in hell you can even compare the two...thats like comparing the Nite Owl Cruz In to the Lonestar RoundUp.

Party On!

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and I completely agree, everyone should be able to voice their opinions without others jumping down their throats. Why call the dude out...or his family? They didn't enjoy it, so be it, state what you liked about the show and let everyone make up their own minds about whether they would want to attend next year for themselves.

Personally I had a good time at Milwaukee last year BUT I didn't find the need to go back this year, doesn't mean I'm going to bash it cuz it's not my cup of tea.

13. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

I really don't believe "Everyone" and "Others" and their "Posse" was jumping down his throat.... just one person had their actual or more factual recalling of the event , well worded at that ..

He included his family in context... didn't you read the post?

Sarcastic comments come with the territory. This is the HAMB.

Love,

Jerome

14. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

The Cheaters are so dreamy, YUM.

15. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Hotrod lady, you are sending off some strange notes, I guess I won't be getting any baked goods from you anytime soon. Just take it easy would ya, the dude specifically asked for HAMB members thoughts on the show, yeah, i poked at fun at him & his faimily, cuz of the way his post read, it was a play on words, it's funny. I'm sure they are 100% normal & functional.
    No one ganged up on him, we gave him the thoughts he asked for. Sure I added sarcasm I felt it was tasteful & well placed, what the hell do you care anyway, I've never said two words to you, it's like you are the Sir Lancelot of THE HAMB.
    You just don't get it, like The HAMB, the strength of our club is it's members, his post/opinion due to it's content was unintentionaly directed at us and our friends, brothers & loved ones. We were hurt, some of us even emotionally scarred. Becasue us Cheaters are simple creatures we know only one way to respond, that is normally to lash out w/hate or pain inducing violence. So as you can now see, WE ARE THE VICTIMS!
    The HAMB Members that had their cars & bikes there worked hard on them, they may not be that dudes cup of tea, but they are all very special.
    The way you put it I would have agreed w/him I'm sure you would not have said a word. Individual opinions are good as long as we all have the same one.

I dunno what your beef is w/our other club members on the whole Detroit thing & creating jibber jabber comparisons of The Round Up & the Nite Owl, it's all way off base to me (like Ricky Henderson), sounds like you got some axe to grind, if that's the case fine, please don't try to expalin either cuz I could care less, I'm only interested in making myself laugh.
    As a matter of fact, you should do something positive & productive, like baking me some cookies (I like Heath chips).
    Sincerely,
    Carl of The Cheaters
    God Bless The GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!

16. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

It was worth the admission price to see the Cheaters, Bob Bleed & Crew, Bob K., the Koller ’29 roadster, the Pinstrippers and Mike Lang’s stuff. Keep in mind looking at Mike’s engine in the ’32 – HE MADE THAT BLOWER IN HIS SHOP !! Think about what it takes to do that – Unbelievable. (The coupe is crazy fast too)

Mike’s flathead:
    [​IMG]

More Mike Lang stuff:
    [​IMG]

17. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Damn, that's impressive!

18. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Oh yea and did you get a pic of his Cheaters club plaque as well. Thanks for the pics. I never can take any worth a shit inside. Those turned out great.
    CheaterJack

19. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Sid valve thanks for those shots !!!!

.. Hmm I wonder if the people who thought nothing "really special" was there and "kinda sucked" actually saw these two vehicles.

Makes me wonder how these people process their information.

They probably would shrug their shoulders at a Vincent Black Shadow or a factory Harley WR as well.

Jerome

20. It was cool.....who really cares what one person though.....

21. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Wow the first post made it seem nothing was worth looking at..but I think there is..more pics please :D

22. inkundone

inkundone

i was there, so for the 3 hours i attended the show it was the greatest thing going on in milwaukee. its weird< everywhere i go its the best place to be. i must be that cool of a guy.

P.S. With love.... THE CHEATERS ARE MAN-TASTIC.

23. Dr_X

Dr_X

The posts by the Cheaters are some of the funniest stuff on the HAMB.

24. be car-full of them and always remember to cork your ass before seeing them.....just so no one tries anything....

25. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

the survivor 32...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. inkundone

inkundone

i was told keep an eye open for you sock fuckers

27. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

man - ya'll gotta watch those Cheaters - they will punch ya in the back of the head when you are not lookin - I speak from experience - I see them at just about every show I do in that general area and I have the notches on the back o' my head to prove it!

ha

seriously - I am sure the show was cool - wish I could have been there - but I had to go out to CA

I still wanna film you quazy kids doing your hot roddin thing

hope we can hook up in the spring time?!!!!

later

John Wells

28. pinstripingbykc

pinstripingbykc
    from Lombard,IL

Its was really nice seeing everyone!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. pinstripingbykc

pinstripingbykc
    from Lombard,IL

pics from the panel jam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Thanks for the pics.. A good time was had by most I guess...
    CheaterJack