Register now to get rid of these ads!

Re into Belfast chevy update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8minor, Jan 12, 2008.

1. v8minor

v8minor

I have been thinking about doing a re-intro for a wile now . A few of the old hambers will know the threads I put up about building my 50 Chevy .
    I now think I can start to get back into her , I was doing great with the car then a bike crash and the engine seizing on her just pissed me off so much I have not done much for the past 3 years .
    So the story so far is ,, I brought a real rough 50 Chevy styleline 4 door in I think 2002. what a pile of crap , it had been striped and blasted and left , so rust everywhere.
    I did get her running and started on the bodywork . Almost the bottom half has been replaced ,I also 2 doored her and with a 4 inch chop and a full kustom grill she is starting to look the part . Hotrodladycrusier helped me out getting some speed part and dropped spindles .
    I am in belfast Northern Ireland ,everything has to be got from the states or Canada , and I am just a normal guy not much cash to spend on a kustom,just like a lot of people here .
    Then more crap happened I got arthritis in my hands ,cant work at the car bodywork anymore so last Aug I went out on my own airbrushin ,getting a small amount of work ,but the main thing is I have more time now . So I hope to start posting again, more to keep me at it . Over the last year I have been working on a replacement engine ,a later 235 ,so that need to go in ,My hands do not work as well as they used to so my dad has been helping my do some stuff .
    I need to finish the flat screen conversion and get her prepped for paint , do not think it will be done this year ,maybe next .
    So if you guys see belfast chevy update bust my balls I need the push
    [​IMG]
    and a slide show of the work so far
    [​IMG]

2. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

I remember you and your car. Good to see you back.

Get on with the Chevy!

3. Welcome back! That was a HUGE undertaking from the pics I remember seeing!

4. between the two pics the car looks like night and day .. some things take time !

5. Bilko-1949

Bilko-1949
    1. GMB

Hey nice job on the car! I own a 49 Chevy styleline more door and love it, I have kicked around the idea of making it a 2 door down the road.

6. About time.....

Good to see you back!

7. v8minor

v8minor

Thanks guys ,I am sure a lot of people go though the same thing building a car ,in a perfect world you would have the perfect rust free shell ,plenty of time and money !
    but would you have the same satisfaction knowing the crap you went though to build your dream car ?
    I have been working on something over the years ! Not a hamb car but I needed a cheap daily driver. Just a restoration job with a strange paintjob ,but lots of fun ,and it gets the airbrushin out there .
    I hope to get started on the chevy this week and get something posted .
    My mini
    [​IMG]

8. Smallfordsuk

Smallfordsuk
    from Belfast

Glad to see that you are back into the chevy - will have to call round soon - James

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I remember you and your Chevy! Welcome back and good luck.

-Dave

10. Hey Cookie......great to see ya bro........looking forward to seeing you this summer to share a beer if you make it over. The mini looks very kool.........I can only imagine the faces of those fine folks of Belfast as you bomb down the street in Mini........but your Chevy will turn heads for sure once you get her done.

Maybe afew of us will have to get our ass's over there and do a thrash like you did when we chopped Daves Lincoln afew summers back (Back Bacon Whack...lol.).

Cheers,

11. v8minor

v8minor

Fast Elvis no problems mate ! and you guys are more than welcome over here ,give it a year and me and Smallfordsuk will be on the road ,that right James !!!

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Good to see you back I was wondering what ever happened to the car.I think its good inspiration for guys why say they cant fid what they need etc...if you can resurect a rotten ol chevy in Ireland then none of us have any excuses!! Keep us posted on your progress no matter how small.

Koolkemp