Register now to get rid of these ads!

3-In-1 Shear, Brake and Roller????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onemintcaddy, Jan 11, 2008.

1. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

2. Big Shane

Big Shane
    from Pearl, MS

We have one where I work... It is an okay unit. The shear does alright until you try to cut a long piece. The roller and brake do fine.

3. jimmyv

jimmyv

Yep, what he said. I have one. The brake and roller work great. The shear will cut 18ga in small sections if you keep adjusting it. Does not work on longer pieces or anything thicker.

4. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

3 in 1 machines never really do any one of them great.... Jason.

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What He Said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Had one at the last shop, Mine bought and paid for,, left it there, it wasn't worth its weight in scrap.

6. ocfab

ocfab

Don't do it P.O.S. I went through 2 of them 1st handle broke 2nd roller broke off witha peice of 20ga. got my money back :)

7. Want a free one? Mine broke in half, it's real heavy so no one wants to haul the piece of shit away. I really want it out of my garage.

Don't waste you money on this Chinese trash. Don't even take a free one. They are that bad.

8. Don't waste your hard earned cash,,,,they are not worth scrap metal prices,,,,mine lasted 2 weeks,,,, HRP

[​IMG]

9. I have heard, and seen some horror stories about these units. But all the stories seem to be the smaller 30 inch unit. I purchased the bigger one and it has worked for me ok. I agree with the shear, it does not work well with full sheets, but with some finess it will do it. If your just playing in the garage, and not a major fabricator, they (the bigger 3-1 unit) seem to be ok. Also, if space is a major concern, these units are very compact. With that said, the plastic handles broke on mine almost right away. I have since purchased a pexto sheer and just scored a old set of rollers, so once I find a finger brake, my 3-1 will be on the market too.

10. Mine was the bigger unit,,,,,, HRP

11. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now I know. I was a little leary about getting one. It just seemed too good to be true. See,,, I new this was the place to ask. :D

Thank's Guys.

12. INXS

INXS

As handy as a combination surfboard, skateboard, snowshovel.

13. i've never use one , so i can not offer any opinion...but a guy i know has one and has told me several times to come and get that piece of crap if i want it

14. sethcollins

sethcollins
    from san diego

i have one and the base broke so the shear will not work anymore roller seems ok, and brake is decent.

15. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Made in China - what else do you need to know!

Sum Flung Dung...........

16. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

To shear a long piece you need to c clamp the sheet.

17. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I have one and it works fine up to 22 gauge.
    Metalmeet has a post on how to modify them to make them work better, The previous owner did do the bracing part.

Jim H

18. That's badass; they're rated for 18.:rolleyes:

19. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I tried to brake 20ga. and the folds were boderline quality.

The post on Metalmeet suggest putting a second handle and a pipe between the two handles so you pull evenly across the sheet and they work conciderably better up to 18ga.

The first frame I made to hold up this unit failed so I''m at building a new frame right now.

Jim H

I will post pictured when I get the handle upgraded.

Jim H