Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal Car Coat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 10, 2008.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

its prolly been asked but im lazy!!! how long will these be available???? i wont have that kinna extra money till after i rape everyone on there tshirts at the RUST REVIVAL>>>>haha...just kiddin kids...but i would love to have one..just be later in the yr...
    thanks..
    todd

2. Do they make the back patch as well? Or was that from somewhere else??

3. Very nice looking jacket. :)

4. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Hey, i resemble that remark! Man i got to get me one of those jackets.

5. roadracer

roadracer

very nice. can't wait to get one, even if I get a short season with it in atlanta.

hopefully these are a permanent addition to the store, not a one-off?

6. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Shit. Its been cold down here in the valley. Im proudly wearing my c.c clicker right now.

7. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

or a winter knit hat

8. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

Very nice coat, Ryan.
    As I see it, I will need 2 to keep peace and harmony in the roadster :D
    No way I can have one unless she (and she definately deserves it) gets hers....:rolleyes: '22

9. autobilly

autobilly

Kool jackets. Ryan, have you considerd this style in red with the HAMB logo?

10. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Very cool indeed Ryan, as others have asked how long are they avalaible? and tall sizes same price? I'm a 3xtall in coat size. (starting a non car part fund right now:D)
    Brian.

11. Lucky77

Lucky77

Love it, looks great but then I saw the price. Sorry, can't swing that when I still have a few cars to get on the road.

12. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Sign me up. Ryan could you send me the dimensions so I know which size to order. Thanks boss.

Doc.

13. Something I thought I'd never see....looks great...love that logo.

Something about only a few of the more cashed up ppl on here being able to have them seems weird to me though.

=[

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If that wool material is anywhere near the thickness of my Navy peacoat, THAT is a warm jacket. Just what I'd need in a roadster, but the winter season is so short here. It would still be cool to have though.

How long will they be available? The price is hurting me now, but after my T Bucket is done, that jacket could find it's way into my closet.

15. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

ironic im working on coats for my car club now...i went out and ordered a maroon wool jacket $160 bucks and then some one in the club was like y not use Dickie jackets..well shit...so we are gonna hvae two styles of jackets and im prolly gonna be the only one with a wool jacket ...i already forked the cash over for it oops some one else should have spoke up b4 i went on lol but thats who it goes some one else will want one once they see how its too cool for school..... ill post pics once we get em sewn up

16. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

"I don't think you'll see patches for sale. I want to keep the jackets kind of rare."[Ryan]
    The smart collector will have to have two. One to wear and one to save, being limited to rare their value could skyrocket.

17. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Xderelict,

If you keep driving around in this weather, you need a buffalo lap robe more than you need a wool coat.:D

HellRaiser

18. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Aw man, where were these for Christmas?? The exhaust system could have waited ... :D

Now my plans are cast into doubt ... lower the truck ... or get that badass coat. This isn't easy.

19. Anderson

Anderson

Well...If it were a dickies or red cap or whatever jacket, and were cheap, every ignorant newbie would buy one. You'd see them in a jacket and ask who they are on the hamb, and it wouldn't even matter because you wouldn't recognize the name anyway. Kinda like everyone in the world who has a HAMB or Jalopy Journal shirt...I'm curious to know how many of those have been sold?

Pricing them out of the average joe's range means only those who realllllly love this place and can afford it will be seen wearing one.

20. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

I don't know that I will order one, Oregon only has about 10 days a year cold enough. But I have to say that that jacket looks like it's worth every penny. If some of you cheap bastards can't, or don't want to, pay for one then keep it to yourselves you ungrateful bums!

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm a shitty sales man, but I like a guy who's car takes priority over a coat. Get the exhaust.

As for pricing, they aren't expensive because I want to weed em out. They are expensive, cuz well... Wool coats are expensive.

22. Dave Woods

Dave Woods
    from SoCal

OK, well...I guess somebody's gotta say this, at the risk of being excomunicated or whatever, but...car coats? Yes, their useful. Yes, they appear well made. Even yes, $325 isn't that bad... but: I think you're jumping the shark, Ryan. It just reeks of something Goodguys or the NSRA would sell. You're starting down that slipperly slope that ends with official HAMB crybaby dolls. Just my .02, you've done a hell of a good job so far with the whole Jalopy Journal experience, so feel free to discount my fng opinion!

23. Anderson

Anderson

Well, yes. I think what I really meant to say was the decision to offer a high quality coat like this instead of a shop jacket kinda inadvertently brings it up a level.

Wool coats are expensive...ours cost about $200/ea. and I never wear it because I'm afraid of tearing it up. My red cap is almost 5 years old and is the only jacket I wear regularly. Indestructible!

Anyway, that does look like a very nice coat!!

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I did discount it... immediately. :)

I do things that I like to do... And this coat is one of the things that I have always wanted to do. To be honest, I don't really care what image it creates or what shark I am jumping. Just not my thing... I enjoy doing creative stuff.

To insinuate that I would start down the road of cry baby dolls is ...well, insulting. If you don't like the coat or the idea, ignore the post.

25. Don't hassle it Ryan. Those who want one will pony the bucks for one. If they want cheap, China makes that shit too. If they are still available after Roundup, I'll be getting one for myself. Cash is tight during thrash time!

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

27. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Hey Ryan is your name on the front of the jacket..Chain stitched? If it is, I just might be sold....Lucky
    Still checking into those rivets for you....

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I believe it can be if ya want... I'll ask Albie and get back to ya.

29. Hans

Hans

You just can't please everyone.

Ryan, nice job. I appreciate quality and design. Looks like you nailed both.

I would be all over one of these as I am a jacket feine, but I need to get a project going first.

One day soon...

30. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Have started saving.

Will these be ongoing Ryan?

And yes, I agree whole-heartedly with the cap/beanie suggestion.

Kinda tops off the range. 'Scuse the pun.