Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal Car Coat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. WOW!!!!!!!! those are bad ass. Could you tell me who the coat maker is? a couple of guys I run with would want a jacket with nothing on it. Very nice.

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Those look really cool.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I get them from American Rebel... I'm not sure who manufacturers them. They are expensive, but of VERY high quality.

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

http://www.hotrodjacket.com/

6. Tony

Tony

7. Ryan,,Is it me or are you discrimating against big guys,,ya know 2X and larger?:confused:,,HRP

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Looks cool.....what kind of jacket is it?....Heavy wool? Mechanics type? Lightweight or heavy?

I generally don't like jackets with giant "advertisements" on the back......any chance of a small patch on the front, opposite name? Either way......looks nice.....it'll be a popular item for sure.

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

Any other plans for clothing?

I would really like a nice HAMB baseball cap.

Rich

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No, I can get them in sizes of up to 7x... Just email with special requests...

As for weight, read the details here. These are traditional heavy wool car coats...

Other merchandise... Traditionally, we don't sell much merchandise. I don't plan for that to change much. I want to sell a few very high quality items and that's it. I might do a hat though...

11. $325 buys a lot of car parts. I wish they were more affordable.

Any chance you might offer just the patch so they could be sewn onto a Red Kap or Dickies coat?

Thanks for continuing to offer the best....

JH

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, I know... they are expensive. And frankly, I'd rather see folks spend their dough on their projects. But if you need a good coat and your project is done, I don't think you'll find a higher quality jacket at this price.

I don't think you'll see patches for sale. I want to keep the jackets kind of rare.

13. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah...that's steep....the club jackets for the club I'm in are @ that same price, and are VERY high quality, I'll bet these are worth every penny.....

Now hats???? I'd buy 10!:D

14. I understand.

Guess I can start my Christmas wish list for '08 early this year. ;)

Thanks, Jim

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

At that price I'll guarantee one would be rare at my house.:( Oh,yea,nice jacket Ryan.

16. Cool NEW CAR CLUB!!!!!

17. Muttley

Muttley

Nice............too bad there's not much use for a heavy jacket like that in my neck of the woods.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A reasonable price for a wool coat that will last a lifetime plus. Something perfect to hand down from generation to generation. Most folks on here would LOVE to sport a coat from the last generation.

Good quality outer wear is not cheap and if you live where you're wearing this 6 months out of the year, it's a good value. I hope there is one at the RoundUp I can try on to determine size.:cool:

19. Good point, I have a similar coat that was my dads, it is well over 40 years old and looks like new.

20. trent

trent

Great, another way to spend 300 bucks! I love the coats, might just have to bite the bullet here. Any idea how these fit in relation to Dickies Eisenhower Jackets? I wear a medium long in that and it's just perfect (large is baggy, medium sleeves are too short). Maybe there's a size chart for these somewhere? Can we get these with other options, hemmed cuffs as an example?

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, email me and I can send you a document with all the measurements and options...

22. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

how thick are these coats? our club bought a bunch of varisty style coats a while back and no one wears them cause it is never cold enough in texas.

23. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

325.00 is a bit spendy for me..i just bought a brand new schott leather for 200.although im sure they are top quality. i agree with the hats though. i would really like to see HAMB hats.

24. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Ryan, I've been working with Albie on my new club's car coats, he told me a couple days ago he just finished this project with you...
    He's a great guy to work with, very knowledgeable, some great stories...he's doing some coats for Don Garlits now...

25. Terry

Terry

I think Denise puts it perfectly. Someday the Journal will be a part of History, and I want this piece of it! Now lets see... a few weeks eating off the dollar menu, stay home from the drive-in for a while, and what are they getting for blood these days? LOL!!

Plus when I'm not wearing it I can hang it on my Wall -O- HAMB!

Attached Files:

• wall.JPG
      wall.JPG
      File size:
      110.8 KB
      Views:
  26. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

No, I can get them in sizes of up to 7x... Just email with special requests...

I'll take one of those 7xs... as a cover for my '46.

Cool jacket for sure, but, dont think I'd get to wear it much here in Florida.

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those are really nice Ryan. Your shit always come out really clean and classy. If I had just one working ride I would throw down the money to pick one up. Of course I would only be able to wear it for a total of three months because Charlotte get so damn hot and humid. It's been 65º-70º here lately. I am not complaining......yet.

28. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

They definitely do look like they are very high quality. Look sharp with the simple color combo and just a back patch.

29. jonny o

jonny o

Logo looks great. A little too pricey for me though, regardless of quality.
    Going to be a great product though.

30. Next up... the JJ THONG!!!!

I'm sure you'll have a line around the block for those.

BTW, It's a girl.