Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Friday Art Show ...put on your raincoats!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Ace, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

We wanted to share these with you all because they mark a special event (for us,anyway)....Kali had to give up pinstriping after the last Livefast in 05.....she wasn't able to stripe again due to hand tremors and neuropathy pain....she picked up her paints and brushes,2 1/2 years later- cold,with no warmup, and did these shots for our book....
    The "pinstriping on a girl" is a schtick she has done many times in the past....It is a reference to Von Dutch purportedly doing the same in an obscure documentary from the '60s called "You are What You Eat"...we hope you enjoy these...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow! Congrats Kali---you still got it! That is awesome news, thanks Johnny. Take care you crazy kids.

3. Conder

Conder

4. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

That's awesome! Here's two things I whipped up on my laptop when I was bored. It's a tribute to one of my favorite artists, Shepard Fairey. I'm going to make stickers out of them and send a few to him since he likes that sort of thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the Dutch piece will end up being a stencil for future "real world "use.

5. ChopperMark

ChopperMark
    from Aloha, OR

I got the idea from Littleman's new project...

[​IMG]

6. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I wish we could keep the Friday show to only Thursday and Friday. Really no offence Johnny. It is good to see that Kali picked up the brushes again. Very good news.

7. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

*D'OH* I see by the trusty calender on the wall it is not THURSDAY evening like my fading vision thought.... Sorry for jumping the gun... hope no one will hold it against me.

-Ace

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

LOVE it!...

thanks Johhny & Kali !

9. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

I am gonna stay up till midnight, so I can post on Thursday, for the Friday art show! :D

By the way good come back story! We are with ya Kali! Keep the brush flowing!

10. Dang, and here I've been practicing on glass and old tool boxes. :D

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

HMMM. i guess i'll let it slide THIS time. :D sweet stripes... dig the Littleman inpired ride too!

12. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Guess striping is another thing you never forget how to do. Good to see Kali back at it, always inspiring.

I started breaking up the blue on the T this week. Then it got cold. So far...

Attached Files:

• t1.JPG
      t1.JPG
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
    • t2.JPG
      t2.JPG
      File size:
      22.6 KB
      Views:
    • t3.JPG
      t3.JPG
      File size:
      38.6 KB
      Views:
  13. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Screw it...I dont have time to wait for midnight! :D

I plan on building this car in the future, it is just sitting in my Dads Junkyard rusting away!

Hey Kali! I need some pin-stripping on this one, ya up for it?

Can you pin-stripe on over 100 years of rust? Just askin?

Attached Files:

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

That is tooooooo freakin cool!!! Nice concept!!!!

15. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I don't even know if I'm allowed to post this yet. Hillary called a couple weeks ago and asked if I would do a quick rendering for her. Car needed to be black, with a little red. Simple graphic that needed to look unsponsored. Had metallic gold outline on Reds, and on the her last name. It's in the paint shop now. Hope it comes out good!!!!!! Hooray for paint, and not vinyl. Should debut at their test session in Phoenix......then Pomona.

Notice I snuck a Church sticker on there. She promised she's get one on the car.....if not all 4 Kalitta rides.

Attached Files:

16. Church

Church
    from South Bay

One more thing. I think I talked them into blacking out the rims. Should look pretty pissed off.

17. John Denich

John Denich

Great work Coby....It look's evil will she be running this for upcoming season?

John

18. baader

baader

Here´s my first post on this forum, been lurking in the shadows for a while. I do 3d modelling for aliving and I stopped drawing when I started that in 97, now I´m trying to revive my drawing skills.

A simple print made in Corel draw with Vacom tablet, all vector. Didn´t use any reference so it´s not thriving for realism.

baader

[​IMG]

19. Nice one nate.

So my vacation started out with me dropping my MacBook lap-top and obliteration the hard drive (I don't recommend doing this.) Didn't lose anything important, only the drivers for my Wacom tablet. So I won't be adding color to anything, digitally, 'til that's sorted out. Here are a few I've been working on...

For a friend; it'll be color pencil and ink...
    [​IMG]

A small a nd very quick sketch called "Hot Shot!"
    [​IMG]

Bombshell posing with a famous belly srappin' bomb...
    [​IMG]

...and another girl hangs with an icon.
    [​IMG]

20. Carpet Bomber

Carpet Bomber
    from Minnesota

Couple new ones from me

Desoto Hemi upfront with the worlds largest pontiac motor in back and alot of cool parts
    [​IMG]

Where that Hemi is going
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

my latest job, a skate deck.
    Gold leaf & One Shot

[​IMG]

22. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I always wondered how pinstriping on skin would come out. Now I know! Someday I want to get striped!

Coby- That dragster looks super tough. Defnitely going to be the meanest paint job on the track this season!

Jigger- Color or no color that Ranchero rendering is fab. I love it!

23. relic_stripes

relic_stripes

here are a coupla license plate I just finished... Some flaked out, one shot and a flat black and silver leaf.
    the Thumpers was a C.C. in southern MN back in the 60s, that my dad was a part of. Artist Dave Bell was a member, he drew up their logo...

Attached Files:

24. Janne

Janne

Here one school project, maybe little bit offtopic but it is still car related.

Here is the small text shown in the picture.

iPod Car Concept
    The brief of the one week vehicle design workshop was to create a concept car on an existing Fiat Barchetta platform. This gave frame for the project: the basic measurements were given and could not be changed

The aim was to make a design that follows or heads towards a real brand or product family. I decided to design a concept car for the Apple iPod. My understanding of iPod design is simplicity user friendliness and timelessness. The goal was to capture the feeling of iPod products and to transfer that to the vehicle design.

Attached Files:

25. GaryC.

GaryC.

Tangerine Dream
    I have always loved the color Orange
    and I haven't done one in that color
    for a while so here it is.

Attached Files:

26. Janne

Janne

27. way cool.....but if your gona be a back seat driver you could try sitting right in the back and loosing the paneled over area with the gas tank on.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.