Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found out my car is for real...now I don't need the motor!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Big Tony

Big Tony

Very kewl story... they just never get old hearing about neat finds/buys that have such a neat history

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That Maverick is very COOL!

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Hey, same thing, but yeah, I think you're right.

4. Either way...it's still a bitchin car!!! That would have made it better,but who cares,right! You still have an awesome gasser...

5. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

Im actually writing emails back and forth with Gary now so I asked him some questions for both of us and I am hoping you are still reading this thread and still have the car because even if its not Gary's its still cool and you could help me with my build hahaha.

6. easyrid3r

easyrid3r
    from Tacoma, WA

Got some bad news on the Gary Coe 57. Straight from the horses mouth(or keyboard).

"The engine was a Hilborn injected 289 bored .30 over. The 4 speed was an aluminum Borg Warner.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I built the car and raced it three years. Two owners after me cut the car up to make a dune buggy.<o:p></o:p>
    If we only knew then. There appeared two copies, neither of which the wheelbase was altered as far, one of the had an FE motor and the other used a Chev engine."
    Gary Coe

7. The Cal-Van 57 Ford was owned by Ron Miller ,it later got lettering called "Street Cleaner".I was badly damaged in a towing accident,and not re-built.Ron then built a Falcon called "Street Cleaner"green metalflake.

8. RonMillersDaughter

RonMillersDaughter
    from Surrey BC

Omg you are talking about my dad Ron Miller. We have been looking for pictures of his cars. We don't have any when the street kleanr was purple. Does anyone have any or know who does that I can get a hold of? OMG I am so excited. We have been looking for so many years. When I saw this thread I got all excited and can't wait to hear from anyone.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  9. RonMillersDaughter

RonMillersDaughter
    from Surrey BC

10. RonMillersDaughter

RonMillersDaughter
    from Surrey BC

11. RonMillersDaughter

RonMillersDaughter
    from Surrey BC

12. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Post number 40 on this thread talks about a 59 Ford named the Street Kleaner but it was apparently from New Zealand? Looks to be the same style lettering on the side

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383672&showall=1

13. RonMillersDaughter

RonMillersDaughter
    from Surrey BC

Hmmm Well hopefully I can find someone who knows something.

14. The Falcon is the car I remember most.It was metal-flake green first.I've sent you a message

15. RodStRace

RodStRace

Wow, talk about an old thread!
    I had an altered 57 Seedan back in the 80s. Story was that it was built back in the early to mid 60s. Rear axle moved up 18", front axle out of an Econoline, with a 1" difference in WB side-to-side.
    The guy supposedly ran it in East county (San Diego) at the drags and would street race it more. Someone had seen it pulling wheelies on the street down along Mission Blvd one summer.

Friend bought it as a roller and put a 429 lima and C6 in it. Strictly low budget fun machine. I ended up with it and drove it for a couple years. Ended up stripping most of the paint off, priming it and then selling it. It got fixed up and sold again out of Poway in the mid-90s. I have only a couple pics of it, and they aren't at hand or scanned.