Register now to get rid of these ads!

Michigan hambers, I have invaded....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, Jan 8, 2008.

1. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Stuck in Battle Creek for a few days, anything exciting to do around this neck of the woods? Any of you nearby?

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

too far away to know what really happens in BC as far as cars go..probably nothing at this time of year. We all Hibernate, play chase the wifey around the kitchen and hopefully work out in the garage on our cars. battle Creek used to be a big Cereal town..maybe still is. You could try to see if they might show you how they make coco puffs?

3. I believe there's a guy in Battle Creek with an extensive collection of vintage dragsters. You might have to ask around to locate him.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep and he has a couple of parties a year. One is on Memorial Day weekend the other is during the NSRA Nats in Kzoo about 20 minutes away from him. He's got an AWESOME collection and I've been to his parties but I can't for the life of me remember his name.:eek:

5. pitman

pitman

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

7. If you're there for the weekend you might try the Autorama in Grand Rapids. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.

Charlie

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

yer about 30 minutes from me. i might even be in Battle Creek one day this week to visit a car guy/friend. not alot of exciting stuff here but i could run ou around to a see the projects a few of the car guys around here are workin on including GMgrunt and all his cool toys. my buddy Dan is a couple miles from me and is building a glass 3 window 32 and a midengined HEMI powered Stude. he also has a neat E.J. Potter-esque V8 motorcycle. drop me a line. i'll PM you my cell number.

Mike

9. I used to work in Battle Creek. During the spring and fall they'll have a farm auction just about every weekend, tons of cool old stuff to sift through. I know I've been to a couple of indoor auctions during the winter. Grab a Battle Creek Shopper(community news/classified paper) and see if there's anything decent happening.