Register now to get rid of these ads!

That was a joke!! Bonneville rooms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saltflataddict, Jan 7, 2008.

1. why do you guys have to be tying up the phone lines when I am trying to get a room at the Montego Bay. ha,ha,ha fuck was that a joke or what? They say call at 8am and fuck if I didnt start 10 minutes early and still was on hold for 40-50min. only to have the front desk hang up on me. the fuckers!!! Luckily my wonderful wife scored rooms for us. But only after she was on hold for 45 min. and then they fucking say they are sold out for Sat. I dont even think anything is going on on Sat. damn!! Did you guys make out with a room?

2. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I was on hold for 40 minutes, when they answered I lost signal!!! Went to the computer and got them there in about 2 minutes> Good to go now

3. brewsir

brewsir

No reservations at the bend!

4. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I couldn't book online - what website were you at?

5. Barn Yard Chevy

Barn Yard Chevy

I thought I scored with the On-line booking as well, Turned out I made reservations in Reno, NOT Wendover...?!?!?! I had to call back and cancel.

Might want to double check that. The only website I know of for Wendover is www.wendoverfun.com

BYC

6. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Can't seem to book online beyond May or so...

7. I was able to get a room at the Nugget at the end of September. I was just calling around to some of the Hotels to see if anyone would take a reservation and they were the only ones that would.

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I've had my rooms since 1953

9. tikiwagon

tikiwagon

What a joke booking a room is! Nearly got caught quite a few times at work today, was on hold for over an hour, website would not go beyond May, as someone else already said, just no way of booking that I could find, have just tried again and they kept me on hold for over 15 minutes again, with no luck of talking to anybody at reservations, don't know what we are going to do as have flights booked but no room, as of yet, and we have a long way to come!! We were there for the 50th and come rain or shine we will be there for the 60th!! (P.S. If anybody has too many rooms booked, just let us know and we will buy one off of you!) Thanks.

10. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Looks like camping at the bend in the road is in my future! ;)

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

But, you're Uncle Bluto... you dont figure in this equation Jim :p

12. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Your right I forgot!!!! :)

13. hershambob

hershambob

flat ernie,whats the camping like at the bend,,is it free,,bit of a party?????thought about buying a tent and a couple of bags then leaving them with mates in la,,bob

14. 51 minutes on hold, then nothing available. I think this R&C AmeriCruise thing is going to turn B'ville into a real clusterfuck this year.

15. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Rent a Motorhome in Salt lake..... honest :)

16. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On hold for two hours and ten minutes. Just when i thought the phone was going to grow into my ear, finally broke through and scored.

17. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

Too late for that.

18. Crankhole

Crankhole

Would like to pull my Airstream out there this year. Will be my first time.......does the camping area reach capacity?

19. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

There is a KOA in town. Camping at the bend of the road will never reach capacity. Too much room and it's all free. No hookups or anything else but BBq and I think maybe a portapotty. Showers at the truck stop. Renting a motorhome in SLC is a good idea if you are flying in.

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner. Only drawback is if the rental people raise the rates like the hotels do at the national rod events.

21. bonesy

bonesy

That's cool in its own right!

22. Trying to get a room at Wendover has been rough since I started trying in 1989. It took me 3 tries before I figured out the magic. In 1992, there were 1340 rooms in both sides of Wendover. At that time, the average Bonneville crowd was around 4500 people. Doesn't take much in math skills to figure that out. Perseverance and luck come into play.

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

this place is makin to much of a stir! you cant do shit anymore thats not booked 3 yrs in advance!:rolleyes: im going back to my import tuners site! :D:D:D
    id just like to say, that im jelloass of all you folks that get to go! ill be there for all my hair falls out! i hope!:(;):p

24. Make sure don't tell 'em where you're going.;) The rental folks in SLC aren't real big on their rentals going onto the salt.

25. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I just go to the car wash on the west side of town (behind grocery store). Drop about $5.00 in and you can get rid of most of it.
    Beats the $250-500 they charge.Last year when I was there at the BUB meet,I pointed out to the rental agency that there was evidence of salt in the wheel wells.They made a note of it:D!

26. Last year my wife and I flew into SLC. We packed our 4 man tent and bedding and cloths. When we go there we rented a car from Hertz and headed to Walmart. Picked up $10 lawn chairs, foam coolers and snacks. beer and duct tape. We put everything in the trunk and then taped the bags to the floor in the rental. We set up camp near the porta Johns at the bend and it was GREAT! I will never forget it. When we left we left our chairs with some friends (I'll get them back some time) and gave our coolers and extra pop and beer to our neighbors.

This year we are staying in a hotel again but I know it will not be the same.

27. 272sedan

272sedan

I got a room in wells which is 60 miles west which will make for a short hour drive in the morns. but well worth it and the prices are resonable not raised up for speed week.

28. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

We did that last year...you change time zones, which will also screw you up.
    The hotel we stayed at was decent, price was right...but 120 extra miles per day really added up, plus like I said, the time zone difference was kind of a pain in the ass. I know it SHOULDN'T matter, but it did seem to.

-Brad

29. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Looks like I'll be staying at the bend, unless my dad wants to stay closer to SLC and drive both ways every day. I can't find a room even close...tried all day yesterday.

30. TomH

TomH