Register now to get rid of these ads!

31 Hudson Coupe Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T Hudson, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Got the doors mounted up so I can get the floor web done. Finally had the wide whites put on the rims. Those (wheels) are from the wheelkid, the paint (applied by a buddy) looks even better in person.
    The gauge panel is from an earlier Tech I did. Got the holes opened up to fit the new VDO's and mounted to the original dash. I was thinking of a 50's dash but this one is too cool.

Attached Files:

2. GlenC

GlenC

That's a nice looking coupe you've got there, and you're dead right, that dash is way too cool to replace!

Cheers, Glen.

3. nice project-that dash is way cool!

4. Roadsir

Roadsir

Lookin good. That body has some really neat features.

5. looks bitchin !!

6. Ruiner

Ruiner

Lookin good Todd, looks like you're making some good progress...I need to get motivated to work on the '31 again, it's been almost 2 weeks since I touched it...

7. Harris

Harris

Looks great, keep us posted.

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dash / gauge panel is perfect !! Nice to see a non-Ford build for a change......

9. Lil' Lance

Lil' Lance

oh yeah! i very much like! especially how the rear quarter has a slight noticeable flare to it. nice, keep it up!

10. Mannn everything's looking great! The beefy roof lines (where the dents are, that I'm sure you're gonna straighten out), the rear tire fit with the bulbous quarter panel, suicide doors- right?, parallel leaf front end, and plenty of room for the Twin-H 306! Hudson gauges would kick the VDO's ass. I have an idea for a roof insert. A 62 Falcon hood looks like it'd fit on reverse so the scoop looks like a vent. It could be a removable hardtop.

Thanks,
    Kurt

PS- Please tell me an original grill shell is going on.

Attached Files:

11. Thanks Guys.
    Sarge, the falcon hood sounds cool. I have been thinking of a removable soft top. This model doesn't have suicide doors. I am looking for an original grille but have a '27 Oakland until then.

12. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'm gonna have to swing by someday and check this baby out, I didn't notice the parallel leaf front...any idea of when you plan to have it drivable?

13. I want it yard driveable by this Sept.

14. Ruiner

Ruiner

Hopefully the '31 Plymouth will be streetable before then, it'd be nice to take em both for a spin to A&W...

15. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Careful Johnny, you'll go blind. :D

16. Ruiner

Ruiner

Was that an offer? I dunno how your old lady would feel about that...hehehe

17. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

lol

Touché.

Though I should likely be apprehensive of replying with that, since it translates out to "touch". haha

18. Ruiner

Ruiner

Jamal, wanna pick me up and head to Todd's house and drool on his Hudson? should be only a 4 hour drive for ya...hahaha

19. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

I had to drive to Brainerd and back today.

As much as I would LOVE to go drool on the hudson, I'm gonna pass.

Hope that bad boy gets on the road before the BBQ though!

LOOKIN GOOD TODD!

20. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

Oh, and Todd, I hear ya on the 50's dash.

I've been scouring Ebay for 50's Buick dashes for awhile now for my 34' pu.

21. Well, I do have a 55 Chevy pickup dash and a 46(?) plymouth dash out in the shed.

22. i love the late 20's essex and hudson grilles with the shutters. and the lights too for that matter. your build is very much along the lines of something id like to do one day down the road so im very interested in seeing the results of yours!

23. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

cool build if you want any pictures or anything i have a 31 essex, most of the parts are the same, except i think your engine compartment would be longer, with longer hood, fenders and frame. i always wondered how my car would look with no fenders wit hte rear 1/4 flares, i didnt think it would look right but looking at yours, it looks like designed it to be run with no fenders, looks real good. oh and every now and there the grills pop up on ebay, you can use 30-31 hudson or essex, im almost positeve they are the same between brands, but years have some mino differences, same dimensions though.

24. BigRedDude

BigRedDude

This is cool I have 2 old Hudson's as well 30 & 31 both sedans here is a picture of a 31 Hudson "Great Eight" original front grill for you, notice the huge headlights, Im sure the grills are the same or close for the 31 model year across the board, but there is a difference between the 30 model front end and the 31.

Well my pic is too big, but pm me if your interested

25. Termites Ate my Chevy

Termites Ate my Chevy

Is this one the same year? I have been working on this guy to sell it for 4 years now. At least I'm the 1st one to get a call when he is ready.:mad:

Attached Files:

26. Do you have any of the firewall? I saw a rusty grille go for a little more than my talent.

Email sent by PM

That looks identical.

27. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

ill take some for you. the grills do fetch a good buck, sometimes you can find them cheap though.

28. Skimmer

Skimmer

Looks good.......i like the insert.

29. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

Don't know if they are the same but if you are intrested I have 3 of them. they look like this.
    [​IMG]