Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Dog Eat My H.A.M.B. Calendar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Jan 4, 2008.

1. There really shouldn't be more to add. Its a sad day. Came home after a long day and my dog had just started in on the first couple of pages and was working his way through it. He must have really like em...

...all torn up and bent to hell. I think he might have been mad there was a picture of his namesake car... a duesenberg.

the moral: keep your calendar high, hang them proud... at least so your dog doesnt eat them.

Attached Files:

2. sodas38

sodas38

Damn dogs. I had a Dane and a Beagle (Dane passed last year). They used to eat the crap out of stuff. They eventually calmed down after they got out of "puppy stage". Labs are good beasts, he'll grow out of that. Gotta still love em though.

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Bastard.. fix him.. send him to me :)
    Dave

4. I had a lab that ate a very early Harley-Davidson servicycle manual that took me a couple of years to find going to swap meets,,,before the computer age,,,,

I came home to find him in the shop,,,and pieces of manual everywhere,,,not to mention he thought the seat on my 56 panhead tasted real good too,,,,:mad:

I grabed what was left of the manual yelling and swatted him with it,,,of course,,,three pages and the back cover couldn't hurt him but he thought I was gonna kill him!

He stated gone a few days but came back home when he got hungry,,,and I forgave him,,,and from then on if he saw me get a magazine outta the mail box he thought he was in trouble and watched me like a hawk.

Yeah,,,don't leave anything out you don't wan't them to eat.

BTW,,the mailman did more damage than that to mine last year. HRP

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

seems like that happened to someone last year too???

6. Maybe his dog was jealous like mine that i payed so much attention to the calendar when i got it.

7. btbowtie

btbowtie
    from KY

I have a black eight month old lab at the house. He has chewed up a pair of my ostrich boots and at least one pair of shoes of everyone in the family. He also steals stuff from the neighbors and chews it up in the front yard.:eek:

8. maybe he was confused about your ham of the month that he only gets the scraps...
    or was he thinking a head to spring and being outside more
    if you would not have "handled it" so much he would have tore up the jegs catalog or the tv guide

dogs are smarter than us ask plowboy

my dogs have ruined all the grandkids puzzles .
    any stray nuts and bolts
    one years ago regularly chewed to little bits the wife's razors she'd leave on the edge of the tub... never once getting cut figure that out..why he thought that was snack scared me a bit

9. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Um:confused: Pardon me but may i ask why?? Or are these cowboy boots ?
    Sounds just a little gay to me.. :D
    Dave

10. I have two pair that I wear and by no means are they gay, in fact they are one of the most comfortable boots to cruise my car in because of the shape of the heal.

11. bummer man! if it was another car calender the end result would have been an improvement!!

12. Yeah its hard to beat the H.A.M.B. calendar. I gave one to my brother he freaking loves it. I better worn him so his black lab doesnt get any ideas.

13. Scott K

Scott K

Why did the good lord make Lab's so cute??....so you don't kill them when they do things like this.

Thankfully mine has only destroyed his toy's.....and a dog bed or two...and he's hell on pop bottles.

14. tomcat46

tomcat46

I didn't know ostrichs wore boots. I guess I've only seen ostrichs in the zoo. Maybe they take them off so they wont run away.

I had a rottweiler named "peyote" that chewed all the plastic off the front bumper of my little sister's '80 mustang. Good Dog!

15. I think i am gunna have a funeral for the pieces of the calendar that were unrecognizable, and keep the rest as a reminder of how much i love my dog.

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam
    from St. George

Sorry about your calendar, but good choice in a dog. When i was a kid we had a big ol yellow lab named Levi with a sweet tooth. My family had just gone grocery shopping and bought about $70 worth of beef for a BBQ, anyhow the groceries were loaded into he the back of the truck with him for the ride home. When we got home that damn dog was eyeballs deep in one of the sacks, we thought it was the meat but further examination showed that he tore apart a few sacks looking for the doughnuts. Yep he ate all my damn doughnuts and pushed aside the beef. Always keep doughnuts on hand and your H.A.M.B calendars wont get eaten!