Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Shows in 2008 around New Jersey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Jan 2, 2008.

1. My wife and I want to hit up so good shows this year. Anyone have info on some?? We usually end up at shows with people who dont want to talk and think we drive a shit box cause its not all covered in billet and didnt cost 6 figures. Or we get shit cause we arent restoring the car.

Im not into trophies or prizes. Just good old American fun with like minded people.

2. uncleo

uncleo

Greetings from Long Branch,NJ,Americas first seashore resort and 7 time U.S. summer capital....Our 14th Annual Fathers Day Cruise to the Jersey Shore Car Show to benefit the local Ronald McDonald House is set for Sunday June 15 th at the oceanfront....dash plaques,food,vendors,N.S.R.A. inspection,free rock and roll concert....and yes we do trophies including long distance,lowest car,lowest chopped top,beat but neat and also judges picks so that every entry has a shot at something....we try to make it a relaxing fun show day for the owners and the spectators ....if you dont bring your car down come anyway and hang out with a good bunch of car people....bring your bathing suit !
    West End Cruise Night 1 is set for Saturday night July 12th with closed off street parking for the cars,stores and restaurants and a free concert under the stars with Kenny Vance and the Planetones....
    Cruise Night 2 Saturday night August 16th features a free concert with Felix Cavalieres Rascals.
    We have been doing this sort of thing since the 60's when we held 3 day car shows at the old L.B. Armory.
    Hope to see you.
    Questions.... e-mail [email protected]
    Lee

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Hmm Leo that show by the beach sounds like my kinda thing! Whats the deal with it (ie location?)

Thanx!

Other than that you know of Lead East of course, the only show I usually go to. Whiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst is a killer cruise nite every Saturday nite...tons of cars. I heard about Bear Mountain in NY (right over the border) supposedly another great cruise, I went there once with Slag Kustom (here on the HAMB) but we happened to go the one week it wasnt happening haha.

4. joerox

joerox

there is a cruise in night in freehold last thurs of the month... get some decent bikes and cars sometimes... has become a bigger motorcycle night than car show though. would like to try and get a few like minded guys to meet up in red bank or asbury every now and again for some beers and bs. hopefully get some guys out of the woodwork in the central jersey/shore area.

5. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

6. Also, make sure you hit up Somerville. Every Friday (can't remember exact starting date) in the summer there is a cruise. Lots of good cars, not all traditional, but still some fun rides. In October, get to the FALL ROLL OUT, Riegesville, Pa. It is right across the Delaware, but it fills up pretty quick, so you have to get there early. Lead East, is a pretty decent show, lots of trailer queens, but a good original car, and some traditional rods there, also the party the night before is good, but I can't remember how to get there, and it is invite only. And lastly, make sure you hit up the vintage drags at Island and Englishtown, both are a fun day with or without the kids!

7. Thanks for the info guys. Nitro i will check out that web page for sure. Uncleo your show on the beach sounds great I will definitely be there.

Unionvillhaunt--Ive been to the Whiskey Cafe. I actually attended regularly until I was yelled at for ruining a "rare" car by customizing it by some guy and his friend. Not to mention my wife almost being hit by an import peeling out of the rear end of the parking lot. I drive out to the Chatterbox on Saturdays now. The Bear Mt. night is crazy. I was dumb founded by the amount of cars & bikes that show up for it.

I plan on making Lead East again this year. And I hope to make it out early enough this time to get in for the Fall Roll Out. Ended up parking in the street.

Is there a gathering out in PA that involves a dirt oval track? Someone was telling me about it, but forgot the info.

8. TOE

TOE

Jalopy Showdown

www.jalopyshowdown.com

Looks like they have a date posted on their website, May 17, 2008.

9. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

The Jalopy Showdown is one of the best traditional shows around, however I don't think you'll find a n.h.r.a. inspection there!!! :D

10. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    Here's a few more;
    South Orange Peel Out; Road Devils show, in early June.
    Hot Rod Hoedown in Philly, check hotrodhoedown.com for info.
    Rumblers, Brooklyn Kustom Kills and Hot Rod Thrills in August - one of the
    best shows of the year.
    Radir Wheels Party, Wednesday before Lead East - at their shop in Montville.

Dave
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

11. uncleo

uncleo

Welder- as you see by the response there are a lot of events to check out in '08....as advised take a look at njcarshow.com for upcoming shows and cruise nights....just be sure the info is updated and not still from last year.
    Here's the deal for the Fathers Day show....9am till 4pm....free spectater admission,car entry is donated....Garden State Parkway to exit 105-route 36....stay on route 36 till the end,then turn right....the show will be on your left....signs will be posted....Hope to see you and your wife at some event this year.
    Being that I am a car guy radio jock like Lead East's, and long time friends,Wolfman Jerry and The Golden Gup dont' forget to stop by our show D.J. table when you come down.
    Lee

12. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

All these are great also Somerville on fri nights. Jalopy showdown (dirt track) in may, Rumblers Nomads show in early july in CT. Roadrats Show on Long Island in june/july, Reigelsville,hoe-down,greaseball,pumpkin run,rumble,alter boys, AHHHHHHHHHHHH...And a lot more......
    There's a lot of them. Keep posted on hear you'll find them.

13. uncleo

uncleo

You mention ''ruining a rare car'' .... I have been associated with Wall Township Speedway for almost 40 years now and heres what the late race car driver and wrecking yard owner Bob Howard said to the people that criticzed him for making a ''rare chevy'' that came into the junk yard into a race car....''NOW THERE IS ONE LESS AND YOURS IS NOW WORTH MORE''!
    Lee

14. uncleo

uncleo

Welder- as you see by the response there are a lot of events to check out in '08....as advised take a look at njcarshow.com for upcoming shows and cruise nights....just be sure the info is updated and not still from last year.
    Here's the deal for the Fathers Day show....9am till 4pm....free spectater admission,car entry is donated....Garden State Parkway to exit 105-route 36....stay on route 36 till the end,then turn right....the show will be on your left....signs will be posted....Hope to see you and your wife at some event this year.
    Being that I am a car guy radio jock like Lead East's, and long time friends,Wolfman Jerry and The Golden Gup dont' forget to stop by our show D.J. table when you come down.
    Lee

15. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

this year was the first time i attended flemings pumpkin run and i think it is now my favorite show of the year. the wether was pretty lousy this year, real cold, but it was awsome. great mix of cars, almost no billet showpieces as its all dirt, in an old junkyard. a few other cool attractions too other than cars. i dont do freehold anymore as the bikers took it over. instead go the last friday to the jackson outlets. thats my favorite monthly cruise night. i really liek the long branch shows, i have been to them on and off through the years. this year i made it to the last west end cruise night. just got my essex on the road it was a pretty long trip with it but the weather was a great summer night by the shore. i went to sommerville a few times but was less than impressed. being that you have a mopar, you have to make the car-b-que near atco. its a mopar event so there will be mostly mopar muscle but you do get 40s 50s and 60s too. last year was the first time in 13 years or somethign, that they didnt have it. its a private show that used to be held in one guys yard but it grew and they started having it in a church lot. i seem to liekthe sout jersey events a little more.

16. yekoms

yekoms

While you're checkin' out the JalopyShowdown stuff don't for get the Jalopyshowdown Drags in the fall at Beaver Springs Dragway.
    A new show startin' this spring in Oley,PA by the Violators CC
    Smokey

17. Well I guess we will see what shows I can make it to being that i dont know when my car will be back on the road. I dont know if Ill get my ass kicked if I show up on my vintage Italian scooter until my car is road worthy, but Ill try to have my car show up instead.

18. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

return to milltown 08...pre 67 14 bands 2 days free campin...myspace.com/milltownrodz