Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 days, 3 guys 3 grinders a welder and a Model A coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Jan 1, 2008.

1. titus

titus

My buddy Joel's friend Luke has always been into cars and racing etc etc, well he was down at Joels helping him on his car here and there and of course when he took him for his first ride he got the bug, fast forward to back to the fifties, Luke was with all weekend, hanging out with me Jen and the whole danger crew, needless to say he had a blast and the bug really bit. fast forward to a few weeks ago, Joel gor wind that a buddy of his was gonna sell a model A coupe body, so he gave Luke a call and said buy it. so he did, they made plans for Luke to come down and build it at Joels house, Luke lives in Alexandria Mn, Joel lives in Isanti Mn about 2 hours away. So they basically planned to work on it once a month or so when Luke had time to drive down, its not that Luke didnt have a place or tools to build it just not the knowledge of how to go about it.

so anyways Joel was over and we were working on my A doing the floor plans and he told me that Luke was gonna come over for the news years extended weekend and was gonna bring frame floor and subrail metal and they planned to build a chassis and get it rolling over the long weekend, and of course i volenteered my help cause i had nothing better to do!

well heres a couple of pics of the build, i showed up sat after work and they had the frame just about built, so next step, channel the body, so we set about doing so, started fabbing up all the subrails, that was all we done sat, sunday we got the motor and trans swung into place and made the mounts for it, also got the rearend positioned into place, made a driveshaft for it, made more of the subrails and parts of the tunnel, then we made all the body mounts on it, monday we set about the rear suspension and got the 4 bar sety up basically done except for the panhard bar and coil overs, we also got the front suspension basically set up, then started on the firewall, and that all we got done for this month, im sure ill be up to help next month and ill try and snap some more pics.

jeff

Attached Files:

2. '52 STVBLT

'52 STVBLT

Lookin' good! When (if?) you chop it, please provide pics!

3. Rhino1958

Rhino1958

Very cool.. thats gonna be a sweet build!

4. Lil' Lance

Lil' Lance

NICE! that lil' pup IS sweet! nice work guys! keep it up!

5. sammyg

sammyg

Very neat. Can't wait to see it.

6. Nice teamwork there guys!

7. titus

titus

sounds like they got it chopped after i left, also they got the floor pans done and got the firewall put in also.

i snap some pics soon and post em.

jeff

8. looks great yall !!

9. Harris

Harris

All that in three days?? Wow. Keep up the good work - and keep us posted.

10. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

looks great.. awesome headway in a short time... keep that pase up and you will have it done in about 2 or 3 weeks ;)