Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMBers is SD?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Potter, Nov 22, 2007.

1. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Sandy ego smandy ego...Ha! Nothing beats two foot of snow to make you hang-out in the garage. Is anyone in "South Dakota" getting anything done? As for me...(not that you give a crap):rolleyes: I am waiting on a new frame to get here for my 32. I will post pics when/if it gets here.

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

crazyd
    shortbull
    live there...but there crazys....you gotta watch those two!:eek:

3. Workin on the A right now Chad. Tearing apart the roller, rebuilding flatty,tranny, brakes and soon, the rear end. Bro sentinelT has his bike frame ready for the blaster this week and his tank ready for soda.

Found out I prob need the later style shift forks for my tranny (my Van Pelt Book came in the mail:cool:)

4. sentinelT

sentinelT

Just felt like I need to make my mark on this thread if someone thinks there ain't shit in SD...

5. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

I have been going over my Belvedere with a "fine tooth comb". I have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow. I realy like the car but, I think I like money better. You just cant build a spiderweb grill for this thing!:D So wish me luck.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Big Dad

Big Dad

7. i grew up in philip. which was sorta mullet and muscle car town. but there is stuff and people around some just dont want to make them selves known

8. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Just sayin.... there is some shit going on here....
    [​IMG]

9. nsidemn

nsidemn

10. 53 effie

53 effie

Another HAMBer here - in Rapid. Not much goin on at my place...

11. I think you would be surprised how many traditional rodders there are in South Dakota. I'm just north of Sioux Falls and own a few old Deuces and some other old Fords. Here's a pic in Piedmont of the Van Pelt garage when we did a garage tour there with the Lake Area Roadster Club in May of 2006. Next pic is the group at Devil's Tower later the next day. Last pic is of me and my sweetie coming back from the LA Roadster Show this year with the Deuce roadster by the Bixby Bridge on the California coast at Big Sur. I need to relive that drive everytime I look at the temp of 2 degrees and the foot of snow outside. South Dakota's weather sucks!!

Attached Files:

12. Not much!!! I'm trying to get my head into getting the wiring done on my '32 pickup project that needs to be done by spring (this spring, smart asses out there, I know I said that last winter too!!)). This project has gone on too long already and I am ready to move on to the next one. What/where are you getting your '32 frame?

Attached Files:

13. Short Bull

Short Bull

Caputa is awesome~! Love that old railroad buiding.

15. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

You have some very cool cars! I got the frame from some old rod shop in Southern Califoria.....Ha! They said it sould be here soon.

16. I need some 32 rails in case any of you have em laying around and are too lazy to build your own frame!?

17. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Seeings how you are so ambitious....Why dont you just stamp your own!?(smart-ass):D Nope dont have any. Not sure about the lazy part but....I just wanted to get off to a good start with a strait/safe frame.:D I got the rear-end too so I wont have to piss with it either. Damn...maybe I am getting lazy.:rolleyes:

18. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Is that "Bush" in the the full trash can? Where's the Keg hidden, Dude! :D Nice Shop set up ya got there! Cool Belvedere! Great quality! Good luck with the 32 build!
    Signed
    Just freezin' my ass off in Colorado! :)

PS: Is that Drew Carey on the right?

19. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Ha! Yes it is Drew!! He flys in to drink "Keystone's" with me all the time. No... Its my chopper building friend Jeff (works at Legend Air Ride) And the dude on the left is the one and only "Big Dad" strait up from Texas. If anyone is ever in the area, stop in and have a cold one on me! There is always something interesting going on. Just ask the Cops.........:rolleyes: And thanks for the comps. on the Belvedere. I Appreciate it!
    [​IMG]

20. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Cool Chopper's Dude! Except for the one with the "Blue Light Special" on it! :D

21. Big Dad

Big Dad

Fergen owns the local PO-PO's and Brookings for that matter

22. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Dont listen to Big Dad...its nothing like that. But.....I might have a key to Rays Corner!?!? Who else is out there from SD? Dont be shy!:D

23. Hmmm, have a State Special delivered to Rays and drink a pitcher of Leinies.....................been a long time since I did that:)

24. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

im from south dakota, relocated to minneapolis for school about four years ago....but all my cars are still in watertown.

25. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

The first 18 yrs. of my life was spent in So.Dak. And yes, believe it or not, there is a bright side to being drafted and sent to Vietnam. :D

26. Had to be East River then...............the Black Hills rock and happen to be the eastern most extension of the Rockies. :p

27. Dyce

Dyce

I'm going to be needing some '32 rails for the model a. Maybe we need to take a roadtrip to Speedway?
    Jeff

28. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

On the river actually, grew up 1/2 block from the Missouri river in Pierre. Yeah, the Black Hills are o.k. and Rapid was tolerable, but it all pretty much sucked for a young gearhead in the 60s.;)

29. How soon do you need them? If you can wait a few months, the Rocky Manginelli Swap Meet is coming up in March on a Sunday (either the 9th or the 16th) and it's usually a good one. I usually hit the Midwest Deuce Club Meeting on Saturday afternoon anyway. We would just have to get there before Speedway closes at 1 PM and pickup the rails if you want. If you can't make it I could pick them up for you too. I need to stop and see you and Rod one of these days too, either this Saturday or for sure after the Sioux Falls Swap Meet on January 12th.

30. Dyce

Dyce

A few months? No problem. Sounds like fun... I'll be there saturday. Where else would I be? Swap meet day we usually get You, Dennis, and Jack stopping in.