Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moving to Champaign IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greazergriz, Dec 29, 2007.

1. greazergriz

greazergriz
    from Illinois

It looks like I'm moving to champaign and I was wondering if there are any clubs or other members in the area?

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

your leavin MO for IL??????/for shame!!!!!!:rolleyes::D

3. Ruiner

Ruiner

Congrats on leaving MO, but you went the wrong direction, all the cool folks are in MN...although my aunt and uncle live in Savoy, IL not far from Champaign...

4. greazergriz

greazergriz
    from Illinois

I'm originaly from the chicagoland area and met my wife in champaign. Lookin forward to going home

5. statue if limitations finally run out on that pesky warrant???:D

6. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

You'll be close to Plowboy but I don't know if that's a good thing. Where in champaign are you moving to? I live on n. Garfield around the corner from Huber's.

7. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

Alright John! Great to have you back.

8. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Welcome to Illinois! I'm about 45 miles (or minutes) diectly north of your new home town. Hope you enjoy your new digs!

9. greazergriz

greazergriz
    from Illinois

Hey gregg its great to be back. It looks like we are going to mahamet

10. so.ill.

so.ill.

Gongrats on moving out of the METH CAPITAL OF THE WORLD! Your on the right side of the river now, we got all the good strip clubs.

11. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i'm not exactly the welcoming commitee , but i do work for the cable co. in champaign , feel free to PM me if you need something........besides free cable

12. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Yes, but Dupo has the best crack ever!

Are you talking about the strip club in East STL that has the new LED sign? You can see it when your coming on the Popular from Rt.3. Ok, maybe not. :D

13. Lowbrow52

Lowbrow52

I just moved from Champaign about two years ago. Their is a local club the SunDowners, but they are an older bunch. They have tons of knowledge and are really cool. There used to be a cool shop in Seymour right outside of champaign called GS customs. Greg Stallmeyer runs it and he is super cool and helpful also.

14. so.ill.

so.ill.

NO WAY!! the best crack i ever had was from a couple of waterloo sluts1;)

15. Plowboy

Plowboy

There are a few of us west of Champaign towards Decatur, Monticello, and Cisco that all tinker with the junk as long as you don't mind drinking beer and playing a little grabass. Ha Ha ha If you are looking for a "Scene" you are out of luck.

Gregg is super cool and he is going to be painting the Atomic Punk soon, he is a real shop though and doesn't mind people stopping in every now and again as long as you don't linger too long....he does need to make money. Ha Ha ha

My buddy Terry lives in Mahomet, he usually has some good junk laying around. You won't be able to miss his body shop in town if you are looking for junk, but it isn't the shop that has had the 2 40 Ford trucks sitting outside for the past 5 years. My brother lives there too, he has a couple of Hondas. Ha Ha Ha

16. Watch for the Nazis.

JH

17. greazergriz

greazergriz
    from Illinois

Thaks for the info I'm lookin forward to getting over there.

18. Deadbird

Deadbird

Hey man,

Welcome home! There's a handful of us just 5 miles west of Mahomet. Little wide spot in the road called Mansfield. Look me up when you get here. About half a dozen of us gray beards meet for breakfast at Peoples Cafe in Farmer City every Saturday morning. Join us if ya can.

19. I had Air Force Tech School at Chanute AFB in Rantoul, IL, not too far from Champaign/Urbana...
    Haven't been there in 30+ years, though, so I guess any info I might have would be a litttle out-of-date...

20. Lowbrow52

Lowbrow52

Gregg painted my Dad's chopper a while back and did a kick ass job. Has he made any progress on his Impala?

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

A little bit. He has only been working on it for 15 years. Ha Ha Ha

22. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Not sure about the traditional rods, but there sure are a lot of pretty girls there!

23. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Who's your dad and what's he ride? I might know him.

24. Lowbrow52

Lowbrow52

My Dad's name is Greg also he rides a full custom chopper black with red metalflake and spiderwebs. He is a part of the American Harley Express Motorcycle Club. He lives outside of Springfield.

25. Lowbrow52

Lowbrow52

It was nice to see he finally got that Studebaker truck done.

26. greazergriz

greazergriz
    from Illinois

deadbird thanks for the invite I look forward to seein you guys