Register now to get rid of these ads!

300 PSI fuel pump

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by imperial, Dec 29, 2007.

1. imperial

imperial

I want to run my 392 supercharged hemi on liquid propane injection
    I need a fuel pump that can deliver 25 bar (300 psi)
    The injectors that can handle this presure are no problem .
    there is a existing vialle system but that is no good for a large V8 engine .
    any ideas where to find a good fuel pump?
    I can't find one am looking for 2 years now.
    Thanks Remco

2. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I don't think one exists.

3. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

try diesel pump... i have a sw fuel pressure gauge that will read that high its new and free if ya want it

4. imperial

imperial

I looked @ diesel pumps problem is that the diesel is a lubricant for the pump
    pumping liquid propane with a diesel pump won't work.
    The pump do exist but the pumps that I know of don't flow enough.
    It does not need to be a fuel pump any liquid pump will do.

5. 392_hemi

392_hemi

I'm not sure about psi, but the pumps used on the top fuel cars have a huge gph rating.

6. biggen

biggen

what about fork lift pump that run on propane??

7. drdoom

drdoom
    from new jersey

8. imperial

imperial

fork lifts work on evaropised propane a complete divertend system.

call nasa verry good advice but I already caled them , They have a pump for me it only cost 3.4 million and i need a trailor to put the pump on

9. Armstrong

Armstrong

Problem solved!

10. drdoom

drdoom
    from new jersey

try hydra-cell.com

11. If those pumps are readily available and will do the job, how about more than one installed in-parallel (as opposed to in-series)? Are the pumps positive displacement (i.e gear, vane, gerotor)? How is the pressure regulated/controlled?

12. The Formula 1 guys run more than 300 psi for their EFI,so a pump is available.

Have you tried serious EFI suppliers,like Kinsler,Motec,etc ?

13. zbuickman

zbuickman

They Are avail only thing is, the ones I know of are PTO driven. all the LP Delivery trucks trucks run them. I suppose there would be a way to belt drive one. I dont know:cool: Are you going to use this as an intercooler??? how are you going to keep it from frezzzing up the intake tract??? Better question yet How are you going to keep it from boiling at the suction side of the pump. and how much energy are you going to spend re-liquifieing it, at the pump. the only way I see to do this is to have about a 2" line feeding the pump. Tank mounted pump and bypass reg??? Im not sure doing this in liquid form is feesable. why not use it in gas form?? Im intreaged:)

14. imperial

imperial

Why propane well it's a 110 octane fuel and here in the netherlands 1/3 th of the price of petroll.
    Why liqiued injection It will cool the air below the supercharger at least 30 degree selcious.
    The vialle propane injectors use a small tube that directs the stream of propane direct on the intake valves. mostly the engine's that use this system are started on petrol and switch to propane after 1 minut or so.
    The pumps used here are all in tank pumps the presure in the tank variates depending on outside temparature between 5 and 15 bar.

15. tmacracin

tmacracin

A local guy at the drag track used to run propane on his blown BBC . He owned a propane distribution center so he thought it would be good advertising. The only attention he got was when he blew the intake and blower off his car 3 times!!!!!

16. squirrel

squirrel

17. Out of my old thermodynamics book, saturated propane (liquid-vapor) at 70 degrees F has a pressure of 144 psi. If you are sucking out of a tank of propane then the pressure differential across the pump will only need to be about 160psi, which is a bit nicer, but still not an off the shelf fuel pump.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2007123015303967&item=9-7141-B&catname=hydraulic

An off the shelf hydraulic pump would get the job done, provided you built in a bypass to send extra propane back to the tank. The one i posted above has a max rpm of 5000, so maybe a gilmer belt drive to spin it at 2/3 engine RPM would give you a good working range. David

18. zbuickman

zbuickman

OK. That makes sense. so as posted before why not run pumps 2,3,4 in parallel until you achive the volume you need. Its done here all the time with gassoline and FI on the faster cars. Or use one pump for four cyls and another for the other four?:) Good luck

is this what your using??http://www.vialle.nl/lpg-producten/de-werking-van-lpi.html?L=1

19. imperial

imperial

Thanks for the links
    I am not sure about the hydrolic pumps becouse the hydro fluid that they are desighnd for is also a lubricant for the internal parts of the pump , But I will ask here at a suplier of these pumps.
    I use the vialle injectors but don't want to use the vialle ECU
    The vialle pumps are $$$$ @ around 500 euro each.
    I'm also looking for the possibilaty for a 3 stage system with intank pumps.
    I could convert a existing propane tank into 3 chambers raising the pressure 5 or 6 bar in each stage, this could be done with normal fuel pumps.
    I have now 1 35 gallon and 1 25 gallon propane tanks in the trunk.
    The petrol tank goes out so I have room for 2 more 25 gallon tanks .
    just a small fuelcell for petrol for startup.
    But I have a apointment with a guy overhere that build propane systems and is racing with it.
    I'll update here when I have the info
    Regards
    Remco

20. tmacracin

tmacracin

How much is methanol over there? Might be a better option?