Register now to get rid of these ads!

shaping minds,,,,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by traveling boot ho, May 15, 2004.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My kid, the three year old monster that wakes up in the morning and says, "hot rod, Cadillac, hot rod," tried to shape his sister's mind by bashing her in the head with a Hot Wheels car. The little shit drew blood.
    Yesterday he was so upset that I put raisins in his cereal that he dumped a cooler full of water on the living room floor. It was heavy but in his Hulk like anger he somehow found the strength to lift it up.
    I have a feeling he's gonna be listening to Body Count and Public Enemy by the age of 6 without any prompting from me.

Listen I ain't judging the mystery girl, I don't know her, all I can say is that when I read her webpage I had a severe boner that kept me immobile behind my desk for 30 minutes.
    It's good to see a chick with the same kind of supersonic sex drive as me.

However she does strike me as being a little desperate.
    I think aloofness can be attractive too.

2. [ QUOTE ]
    My kid, the three year old monster that wakes up in the morning and says, "hot rod, Cadillac, hot rod," tried to shape his sister's mind by bashing her in the head with a Hot Wheels car. The little shit drew blood.
    Yesterday he was so upset that I put raisins in his cereal that he dumped a cooler full of water on the living room floor. It was heavy but in his Hulk like anger he somehow found the strength to lift it up.
    I have a feeling he's gonna be listening to Body Count and Public Enemy by the age of 6 without any prompting from me.

Listen I ain't judging the mystery girl, I don't know her, all I can say is that when I read her webpage I had a severe boner that kept me immobile behind my desk for 30 minutes.
    It's good to see a chick with the same kind of supersonic sex drive as me.

However she does strike me as being a little desperate.
    I think aloofness can be attractive too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit Nads - your kid too. I thougt I had the terrorizer. My 3 1/2 year old boy is a monster, does stuff like that all the time. Hasnt drawn blood yet from his 3 month old sister yet, but its not from the lack of trying. I swear to god, he loves the fact that on Tony Hawk video game there is a SD song called "mommies little monster", he thinks its for him, he gets this grin a mile wide, shit do I have it coming to me. Oh and stuck behind the desk thing, yeah I was too... [​IMG]

3. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the RAMONES? They have a little bit of everything going on in their music, a very good "transition" band!

4. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you take the kids in the car? That gives you a captive audience for your musical tastes! [​IMG]

I use a buddy's rig to download and compile assorted mixed CDs filled with my obscure faves to play in the car. (No CD player at home!). Whenever I take my niece and nephew anywhere, they get a dose of Hack Tunes...got my niece into songs like the obscure rap comic "B-Girls", and they dig my goofy 70s disco and 80s retro pop stuf, too!

Funny to hear my little nine year old niece singing "Riding on the Metro" or "Disco Duck" now!

Anyhow...play your tunes in the car...it'll be hard for them to escape then! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey HACK, I'm sure that you PAY for those songs you download, right??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've got a disco duck 7" around here somewhere! My parents bought it for my brother when he was a kid, it was his favorite song! [​IMG] Well, since I'm the only one with a working record player, I got the record collection! [​IMG]

If you haven't heard it yet, check out AKALINE TRIO's cover of "METRO". Very cool stuff.

5. RF

RF

Knew it wouldn't be long before the "righteous" pitched in. But still, where's the "Hootch" that started it all to begin with?

6. Gracie

Gracie

Public Service Announcement:

I apologise to Hothellrodboundbillyhoochgirl for starting this crap. I apologise in the same way that a politician apologises... only as a result of popular polling. Like the modern day politician who apologises for the interment of the Japanese during WWII, or for slavery, I also apologise for the others involved even though I have no control over their actions.

7. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

HRTH...ummm...I don't pay for 'em...my buddy has some sort of subscription thingy...I think he pays by the month or something like that...I dunno, I just burn a CD or two now and then.

Lots of retro metal lately, Poison, Ratt, Autograph, Skid Row, Warrant, Mr Big, Ugly Kid Joe, etc!

Wish I woulda collected stuff from more LOCAL bands "back in the day", though:

DC Drive
    Rhythm Corps
    Oriental Spas
    Slam Circus
    The All Mighty STRUT
    Bitter Sweet Alley
    Flash Kahan
    XLR8
    Mount And Do
    The Look
    No Mercy
    Velasco Sauce
    Baghdad Cafe

I have lots of Damzel's stuff, though! Including a seedy live video from a club gig...I gotta get someone to transfer it to DVD and CD before I wear it out playing it over and over!

Smokin'!!!!

8. Hank I
    Hank III
    Wayne "The Train" Hancock
    Deke Dickerson
    The Dynotones

9. I forgot HonkyTonkConfidential, or Hickry Hawkins.

Or Ray Charles.

Jay

10. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Why is this post still here? Why am I responding???

[ QUOTE ]
    better start winning hearts and minds, because , a flattering tongue will not lead you to gain favor. i'm sure you all have a bible, pick it up, it's good reading.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hearts and minds...Where have I heard that one before...

"Kick 'em in the ASS, Grab 'em by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow!"

11. TulsaChokehld

TulsaChokehld
    from Tulsa OK

[ QUOTE ]
    One Song
    GANG GREEN "Alcohol"

[/ QUOTE ]

"Aint no dout about it, Can't live without it ALCOHOL!"

HAHA gotta love old Boston hardcore.
    anyway, here is my list of bands you should subject your kids to.

Slapshot
    Poison Idea
    Slopy Seconds
    DYS
    Wrecking Crew
    Unbroken
    Life Of Agony (river Runs Red. not that new pearl jam rip off crap)
    Kings Of Nuthin'
    The Living End
    Misfits (glen, not the new crap that they are calling the misfits)
    Samhain
    The FU's
    Jerry's Kids
    100 Demons
    Bloodlet
    In My Eyes
    Eye For An Eye
    Intent To Injure

ok I wil stop now. I think I have given you and your kids planty of bands to listen to.

12. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Jumpin' Jesus on a Pogo Stick... (I'm paraphrasing Ezekiel here)

Why are we still doing this? I understand negativity begets negativity but I just don't understand all of this?

Who do you think Jessie's gonna pick?

Will the practice spin-off be as good as the original?

Who got shot on ER?

I saw an absolutely gorgeous 40 Ford Deluxe Coupe on the way to work this moring. It was black with red accents, lowered in the back just slightly with skirts. Everything else was boooooooonnnnneeee stock, and cherry as hell. Sometimes you see something that just makes you love this hobby....

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

Somebody told me my last post was disrespectfull.
    I did not write it to be disrespectfull, so I deleted it.