Register now to get rid of these ads!

o/t tattoo guys. How did u start your sleeve?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustumizer, May 16, 2004.

1. [ QUOTE ]
    hey I've got a johnny bravo tattoo too......the old lady took the digital camera so I can't post a pic.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhhhh Mammmmmmma....

[​IMG]

2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

[ QUOTE ]
    I always laugh at these "you'll have trouble getting a good job" warnings. The real good jobs. . . you wear dress shirts and suits and ties. It's not like if you are an investment banker you have to worry about someone seeing you in shorts and a wife beater.

So it's more like this- get all the tattoo's you want just make sure you go big on education and carreer so you don't have to work someplace where you have to wear a short sleeve polo shirt with a burger king logo on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree,,def. go big on education. However, if your sleeve 'extends' past the wrist and is on top of your hands..There is no hiding them..It looks kind of stupid while wearing a suit!!..Alot of jobs do take notice to things like that. It goes with that 'clean cut professional' image..So think twice about doing the tops of your hands, knuckles or neck....Unless you become a 'Rockstar'..
    But what do i know?? I'm a tattooed idiot as well!!

3. luckystiff

luckystiff

ok first off whoever it was a few pages back that being in a magazine made them the authority on the subject. what the fuck ever i've been in well over 100. shit my chest piece has been in more than a dozen by itself. yeah i've got nice work now that i've covered the shit. as i said before i'm heavily tattooed. however i am holding on doing hands and neck for the moment because i am very specific about who i want to do both of these areas and it will be a ways down the road. the back of my neck is tied into my back piece so i guess i kinda already did the neck a little. some shirts the work on my clavicals sticks out of the collar to. i know work won't be a big deal for me so i don't worry about those areas. not trying to sound high a mighty but do what you want but do it with a good artist if your gonna do it. i would be much further(probably finished with my upper body) if it weren't for having to do cover-ups. you seem like a smart kid and should be well equipped enough to figure this out with out all us telling you this anyhow. good luck in whatever you do nate and again if you have questions fell free to pm me as i think this post is getting a bit out of hand and most of it is just the same stuff being said over and over again. oh yeah and go big for your first you'll be much happier. and as far as the reactions/allergies to the ink i've been around this business for years and the only problem i have ever encountered is dumbass artist using the old red which had mercury in it and a bad batch of mario barth ink that caused welting on my arm for about two years. my artist got a batch that was bad from him and it welted up and stayed that way till all the pigment pushed itself out of the skin. since then he mixes his own inks.hahahaha. again its your body do with it what you feel is right you only live once...ken....

4. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

yeah the mario barth ink is bad news, 3 of my friends had reactions to it(just the red), and the tattoos took forever to heal, were somewhat scarred,and had to be touched up. I think Mario Barth mixes his inks from Mickey Sharpz pigments (which I think are for sale in the U.S. now), so steer clear of them if possible. I apprenticed at a shop for awhil, but quit after i started working at a shop full time becuase I couldn't bring myself to put the retarded shit people around here want on them...rebel flags, tazmanian devils, and barbed wire....oh yeah dont' forget the Goldberg tribal tattoo....

5. luckystiff

luckystiff

it was the orange. that shit is the worst. dave got it mainly for the blue which i have to agree is the brightest blue ever, but yeah that shit is bad news. we haven't touched up my arm where it happened yet. i did have words with mario and thanked him for his shit product scarring me in richmond the year after it happened he acted if he could care less. gave us some bullshit story about a batch got twice the pigment it should have blah blah and they had been trying to find out who all got it. fuck him. take the cap off his red and orange. it smells like shit literally. you don't notice it until you hold it to your nose but it smells like egg farts. a sure sign that shit ain't good. and yes you can get micky shaps which is nothing but national pigments from several people here now. the folks who own tabu tattoo in la where the guy that did the snake on my arm works are the dist for micky sharpz machines too. rj and dottie. two very nice people...ken....

6. [ QUOTE ]
    I always laugh at these "you'll have trouble getting a good job" warnings. The real good jobs. . . you wear dress shirts and suits and ties. It's not like if you are an investment banker you have to worry about someone seeing you in shorts and a wife beater.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're killing me here man. "The real good jobs you wear dress shirts and suits and ties." What, are you living in 1973? Ever heard of "business casual?" It's only been around for the last ten or so years now. Last time I checked my boss makes just a hair over $3.2 million per year (plus bonuses). I've yet to see him in a tie. For that matter, I've never seen any of the 500k+ VP's and up I've worked for throughout my career w/ ties on, w/ the exception of formal dinners and award shows.

I'm calling bullshit on this one man. You're dead wrong.