Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newest Alliance Member and Other Alliance News!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Welcome Hudson Performance as our newest HAMB Alliance Vendor. You know him as SneakyPete and his little speed shop rules... You can check out his in progress site here.

------

In other news, we are starting to hear back from some of vendors about annual Alliance sales. I don't feel comfortable talking about their specific financials (they are welcomed to do that if they care to), but even if we take out our largest and most heavily discounting vendor (Coker Tire) our Alliance vendors have discounted well over $100,000 this year.

What does that mean exactly? That means our vendors are doing really well for themselves and are seeing a great return on their investment. More importantly though, it means our Alliance members are getting their money's worth. I can't tell you how proud I am of that. Value.

To learn more about the Alliance and the companies that offer discounts to members, click here.

2. Wow! A hundred G's in discounts NOT counting Coker? That's insane.

3. Skattruggles

Skattruggles
    from Dixon, CA

As soon as I take care of some family shit, I'm getting myself an alliance membership. Need to get some tires and wiring and I'm sure I can use a whole hell of a lot more stuff. I've been a newbie for a couple years just lurking and havent been in a position to become an alliance member.

I'm really proud of all of the venders and everyone behind the scenes who help make this shit work.

4. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

It's more than worth the price.
    Thank you Ryan, and thank you alliance vendors.

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

It sounds like HAMBers put their money where their mouth is.

6. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Hell yeah! I have yet to use mine but I am planning on it soon.

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Is there a list somewhere of what Pete has to offer?

I see the web-site is in the works... could use a little atomic influence ;)

8. You've done well Ryan, you've done damn well.

9. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

The Alliance is a great thing for all of us hot rodders. Thank you to Ryan and all of the vendors who believed in his vision for the Alliance. It has saved me a bunch already, and I am more than happy to support Alliance vendors and refer others to their businesses.

10. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Takes a smart guy to come up with a win-win-win situation. Thanks and congrats to you and all of the Alliance Vendors.

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

A Special thanks to the Alliance members that we have nad the pleasure to do business in our first few months as an Alliance Vendor. Merry Christmas to all!

12. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

In the few months I have been an Alliance member I have saved twice the cost of membership and have yet to order my Cokers. All three Alliance vendors I have dealt with were outstanding!

Ryan - why don't you remind that Miller sales guy who teased us with possible plasma cutter discounts that he is missing out on a lot of potential buyers.

If he doesn't come through pretty soon I am taking my business to Lincoln.

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there any Australian HAMB Vendors yet?? Thought Superformance, Johns Rod& Custom, Dragway, Rod Stop and a few others may be interested and step aboard.
    Is it over stepping the mark to ask any shops if they are interested?
    In the two years I have been an Alliance Member I havent saved a cent but I dont give a rats arse, proud to be a member and happy to have helped out just that little.
    Will be using it soon for the Gasser project.:D
    Doc.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'll get one...mabey when i stop being Broke, too much money going into nondiscounted parts

15. In two years time I will have done the suspension, tires, & wiring on my '38 & will have my Deuce chassis rolling. The Alliance membership for two years has cost me $100.

By the time my third year's membership comes due in the summer of '08 I will have easily saved over $1200. Sign up guys. It's as good as free parts.

JH

16. Abomination

Abomination

I totally think that there should be a HAMB convention, where a huge hall is rented and folks from all over can come and see Alliance members' wares... and of course, folks can show off their rides. Hell, maybe there could be a swap meet out back!

The money raised ($X to sell at the swap meet, $x for admission, etc) could cover the costs of the insurance, permit, and exhibition hall (or stadium parking lot) rental...

~Jason

17. Townsend

Townsend

My membership just expired. Being anal, I decided to go back and check my records for value.

I used my membership twice. The first time was an order with Coker. On a set of bias white walls for my Cad, I saved a total of $175 on a single order. The second time I place an order was with Vern Tardel. I ordered just under $1000 worth of parts for my hot rod project. After the alliance discount, I saved over $100.

So I gave Ryan $50 and in turn, he gave me a really cool firewall tag and made sure that I got the best deals possible on the orders I placed. After all expenses, Ryan basically GAVE me $225.

Yeah, I am going to renew.

On that same note I was talking with Corky Coker about the Alliance while on the Great race. As soon as I mentioned I was an Alliance member his eyes lit up and he treated me like an old pal. He also mentioned that his Alliance Vendor status has been a multitude more effective than any ad he has ever placed in any hot rod magazine.

You are one smart cookie Ryan. It feels good to buy something and get more than your money's worth. $50 is on the way.

18. the discounts are great ,however even if I didnt need anything , its worth it just to help support the HAMB.Thanks alot Ryan and Merry Christmas...

19. fuzzface

fuzzface

I fell on unexpected financial hardship shortly after joining this site but my original goal was to become an alliance member. I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel so I'm hoping to be an alliance member by spring. Then I can start buying parts and pieces I've been putting off. I want to thank the alliance vendors and Ryan in advance for those wonderful discounts. steve

20. pitman

pitman

To see all the friendships and advice shared on this site...simply the best. I'm thinking of all that has happened, since Ryan and the guys who moderate, brought this about. Pretty amazing guys. I can't wait to see HambAndy cruise into an event...sometime in 2011! :D

21. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

2 years Alliance memberships=$100.

For it I've bought 4 sets of tires from Coker:eek: Saved over $400.

Complete front and rear suspension from Vaphead(Riley Automotive)for my bagged 53 suburban(MII and 4-link)Saved hundreds+free shp.
    Plus Eric makes my knee's weak:p:D

Almost 5 years as a HAMB member...Priceless

:cool::D

Thanks Ryan