Register now to get rid of these ads!

Women in Hot Rodding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 72CHEYENNESUPER20

72CHEYENNESUPER20

This is a cool thread. I am digging the girls and cars. Makes me wish mine didnt hate cars.

2. sledpunk913

sledpunk913
    from colorado

is it just me or does every hells belles member drive a 60's bone stock car, with the exeption of one, mostly falcons, i wanna see girls with some real kustoms an hot rods!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Grow up kid. Who the hell cares WHAT kind of old car they own. The fact that they are girls into cars makes them a very rare breed. Now go crawl back under your rock.

4. sledpunk913

sledpunk913
    from colorado

i am grown up lady, calm yourself, im just expressing my opinion like everone else on here, no need to get all uptight, i personally just dont like looking at a bunch of different colored stock height falcons, ok!

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No your not, your a punk ass kid calling out some gals that drive cars that you don't care for. THAT is being an ASS. It's fine and dandy if you don't like those types of cars BUT if thats truely the case then them being GIRLS should have nothing to do with it.

The girls didn't come on this post ASKING YOU for your opinion on their cars.

6. Deadbird

Deadbird

Yeah, what she said. He dissed the wrong lady I think.

By the way Denise, you have my vote for today's top lady in hot rodding. I only wish I could put the miles on a cruiser like you do.

7. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He dissed the wrong group of girls and I've got their BACK:mad:

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

11. sledpunk913

sledpunk913
    from colorado

more than a bit touchy, everyone else can express their opinions, but somehow mine must have got confused, i never said anything about it being because they were girls, if a bunch of guys tryed to show off their gay ass falcons i'd make fun of them too, i hate everyone equally! ok

12. ChopperMark

ChopperMark
    from Aloha, OR

She can dish it out and take it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. roadracer

roadracer

way to kill a thread guys. why not start another called "how women suck at hot rodding" and see how many people pile on...

damn i hate trolls

14. Then you just aren't looking very hard.
    Have you seen Big Olds?
    VegaRaceChicks pickup?
    Brandy, do you still have that bitchin' Poncho?
    My Ex used to cruise around in a stock appearing Buick....But ask any fool in a Mustang/Camaro how stock it was.

How many guys are here because they are into traditional Hot Rods and customs?
    How many of them actually own or, better yet, drive one?

Most of the MEN I know that are into old cars are into numbers matching "Concourse" restorations.
    Does that mean that you are into that too?

Every, Always and Never....very broad and often misused terms.

15. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Yup, I'm still bitchin at that Pontiac. Was a stock 55 Pontiac. I've put a 389 with 10.5:1 compression in it and junked the original 287. She's going under the knife for two tone paint and bags on all four corners.

I only bought the witch so I could finish turning a 4 door sedan 58 Chevy into a true blue lowrider drop top.

Between those two ugly sisters and all of my free time being spread thin on restoring tractors for show..........

One piece at a time I tell ya.:cool:

BUT, I have to agree. I see a LOT of split tails in cars, bone stock, mid 60's cars. If that's their dice, then so be it..........but don't classify this girl with them. I got out of mid 60's Fords when I was in high school.

16. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

what about heidi van horne and her truck?? NICE lines :drool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

Thanks! I always figure that ya can't please all the people all the time. See you at GNRS.

18. glmke

glmke

My wife made me put this pic up in the shop says that it's the best pic on the wall.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You got it sweetie, looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the ladies and having the opportunity to chat hot rods with like minded females. Merry Christmas to you and yours. :cool:

20. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

It's hard to talk about women in hot rodding without mentioning Bunny Burkett:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She started racing at Old Dominion Dragway in Manassas, Virginia around 1965 and still drives an alcohol funny car to this day.

21. galaxiegirl

galaxiegirl
    from Echo Park

Im one of the Belles that is being talked about here. My gal is a 1964 Galaxie 500XL 4 door hardtop, i have put a 4 barrel intake, straight pipes, 57 olds wheel covers and much much more. And yes, this is work i have done and not what someone has done for me. So before you start talking crap about 60's cars and how all of our cars are stock, take a better look next time. There are a few of us that yes have 60's cars and yes some are stock but i know a lot of guys with stock cars too. Mine is my daily driver and yes- someday my handles will be shaved and some custom body and paint will be done, but i believe in taking care of the what makes it stop and go before i start with the 'look' of the car.

22. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

I like falcons.Any body that makes the commitment to a old car is all right by me.Not every one is high bucks.

23. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

I second that!

24. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I've held my tongue from getting this inspiring post tainted, but I can't anymore.

You're the kind of guy I've butted heads with my whole life. The guy who complains about girls who are acutally into cars. The guy that complains if we aren't into cars, the guy that complains if we are into cars, and if our car is too slow, too fast, too low, too pink, too old, too new and the list goes on and on. BUT in the end it really doesn't matter what you say about me or my cars. I, much like the other girls on this forum, build and drive these cars for ourselves, not for said 'guy'.

As for your 'sentiment', this is the wrong place to express it! The HAMB is probably the largest collected population of REAL female hot rodders that DO work on their own cars and "do things to them". We, as a female population on the HAMB, have hot rodders, kustom queens, tractor mechanics, drag racers, land speed record holders, concours winners, vintage racers, circle jerkers, and I'm sure the list goes on--- those are just the girls I know here on the HAMB. Who knows who's hiding in out here!

So the next time you want to complain about girls who don't "do anything to their cars" go to the local cruise night.

25. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

:mad: Do Not Diss The Hellsbelles ! :mad:

26. jonny o

jonny o

School is in session.

Honestly man, the women on here aren't the Saturday night "I like cars because you have one" type. These are the cream of the crop.

27. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

Let us not forget the Black Widows CC outta Los Angeles...I'd love to have these ladies in my corner ANY DAY!

28. "My dad can kick your dad's ass!"
    "Oh, yeah? My mom can do bigger wheelies than you mom!"

29. r.page

r.page

This thread has been brought to my attention this afternoon and rather than read from the point of where it got demeaning and nasty I chose to start from the beginning. Reading through the thread i was enjoying everyones comments and at one point was inspired to race my own car. Anyhow, I could'nt imagine what the big deal could have been...then came page 11, when Punk decided to live up to his name. I believe to each their own and expressing ones opinion, BUT theres a definate difference when your calling someone or a club out. My point is you should have generalized rather than be specific.

I am one of the metioned "belles" with a "stock car". And once again, someone with no personal knowledge of who we are, what we do or why we do what we do has decided to make and declare their own visual conclusion of us. We should not have to exlplain or defend ourselves to you or anyone else that thinks we do not live up to "their" car standands. Like any one, male or female, we bought our cars with the nickels and dimes saved through hard work. Unlike most people we chose to buy an old car and have taught ourselves or learned from others the workings of those cars.

Its besides the point whether or not our cars are sleds, customs, rods or stock. The point of the matter is, is that we LOVE our cars, we TAKE CARE of our cars and we DRIVE our cars. Naively enough, I try to forget that there are men and some women out there like yourselves. I agree with how chevygirlrox said it, "The guy who complains about girls who are acutally into cars. The guy that complains if we aren't into cars, the guy that complains if we are into cars, and if our car is too slow, too fast, too low, too pink, too old, too new and the list goes on and on. BUT in the end it really doesn't matter what you say about me or my cars. I, much like the other girls on this forum, build and drive these cars for ourselves, not for said 'guy'.

Do us all a favor, stop complaining and worry about your own projects. The fact that our cars are on the road leads me to believe we are doing just fine.

Thanks for your time
    Deb
    Hell's Belles Los Angeles
    63 Ford Galaxie 500, 2-door hard-top, box-top...with a 352 by the way.

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

You dont...

Too bad a thread about something cool ( Chicks who are really into cars... or anybody who's really into Cars for that matter...) can be turned into another " Them vs Us " deal.

I think that the line I quoted from your post says it all.

And I personally think that anything more said than that, is giving too much attention to a Non-Issue.