Register now to get rid of these ads!

***1950 Mercury UPDATE****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., Dec 14, 2007.

1. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I know of abouy 5 that I think are perfect and 2 of those were Barris mercs.

2. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Someday I will have the problem of "Is my chop perfect on my '50 Merc?" :rolleyes:

3. I know how you feel! One day I hope to be posting"need help with my Hotrod",HA HA!!

4. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i saw a good friend today...i told him i was chopping the merc a couple weeks ago...he reads the HAMB,but lurks,he saw this post this weekend and saw where i said i was having second thoughts...when i saw him today he said " do NOT fuck with it! leave it the way it is!"

...,i was like,"well,,man,,i don't know,ya know"

he said "dont fuck with it!" then he grabbed a few magazines with merc features and we looked at them for a while

...then he said,, "look..go home,,pull it out of the garage,..stand back ,,stand way back and take a good look at it from a ways back and look at the WHOLE picture,dont just look at this or that,but look at the WHOLE picture.."

so i did,,,,:D

thanks Roger!++.

hey RUSK!,,,meant to say it,but forgot,THANKS! the KARATE KID vid is AWESOME!:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. They sure look great when you just stand back and take it in!!!! Just smile and enjoy...

6. I told Rog Saturday nite that you'd chopped it :D
    He IS good for something, ain't he ;)
    I still say it's most excellent AS IT SITS.:cool:

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks Bob!

here's a before pic from a few months ago...:D

..back when everything was greener!

[​IMG]

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks MIKE!

he told me you told him it was on here,,,

i'm gonna try and see you next week some time if i can get loose :) you gonna be around at the shop after christmas during the week?

9. Yeah Sam, wed-fri---we got creamed with wrecks last week, so yeah, I gotta get BUSY

10. Hey,I remember that car now! I didn't realize it was the same car. What a difference.

11. solo_909

solo_909

the merc looks freaking awesome! keep it up. Man I cant get enough of all these Merc posts lately = )

12. Are you guys aware that the last guy he fights in that clip is Steve McQueens son?

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

14. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

this is a traditional move......

[​IMG]

15. No! The last guy in the clip. Short,curly hair.

16. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

this one?

that is wild! never would have guesed that.

[​IMG]

17. Yep...that's the one! He's a real car nut too.

18. Haha,,,I would've never guessed. I can tell you that people used to say I look like the dude in the first pic Sam posted (Johnny) .......................fuck.

:D:D

Bryan

19. BadLuck

BadLuck

"show me paint the fence"...."now show me wax the car.."
    Wow Rusk, not only are you a "Rockstar" but youre a "Moviestar" too!! Dude, you got it made!:D

20. Rusk...Moviestar? Lookout! It's getting deep in here...LOL!

21. lonely king

lonely king

your car looks great sam...

22. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks for all the positive reponses,,,i apreciate it,,,but fuck all that,,,,i hate it......its been bothering the fuck outta me since i chopped it.......
    you think i should move it back even more????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

dont let the braces on the windows fuck with your eyes,they are welded on the inside so i can still drop the glass in to make sure everything is OK....

24. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I had written a lengthy post out about moving the rear window back, but I didnt want to come across as some internet know it all, so I opted not to post it and just cowardly backed out my browser.

That said, I am SO glad you did that. The profile of the roof is killer but the rear window was waay far up. Its much better now. You might be able to go back more, but its splitting hairs.

Really glad you did it Sam.

25. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Yep, planning on cutting my 51 soon, but how to? No thanx...too many internet experts on here...If ya wanna see in progress Im only a quick 12 hours away...

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Sam - you're doing a great job. Anything you do, someone will say "badass" and someone else will say "you dumbass." I'm sure you know that better than anybody with your '56. :D ahhaahaa

I really really dig that Mercury man! I'm not sure if this helps, but I do like the window further back, it helps the proportions IMO. Keep it up, and keep us updated. -Danny

Attached Files:

27. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks Danny!
    LOL! your right,ive heard it all on the '56! :)

that illustrationyou did is rad,,i wish i knew how to do all that photoshop jaz!

thanks! can you make the skirts flush at the bottom too?! :D

28. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

Unionville,,,i know,,it could go back a couple or few ,,but i also dont want the C pillar to get too heavy,,,,maybe an inch or 1 1/2 more???

29. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Sure man. This is just super-quick stuff, you kinda have to stand back from the screen and squint. haha

Attached Files:

30. old beet

old beet

When I layed the rear window down on my 49, I cut all the way around the beltline, XCEPT 4 inches in the center above the trunk. That kept it centered and in the stock location. Used a doner top to fill the gap over the back glass. Looks like stock, just lower..OLDBEET