Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ahhh...the sound of a cammer motor...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SoCalCarCulture, Dec 16, 2007.

1. OK, so this '64 Merc doesn't exactly fit in here but the sound of this SOHC is music to my ears, enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swnUjxlp9_Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="350" width="425">

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I think it fits in here just fine....

That thing sounds wicked. I'd love to see him put the hammer down and see what it can do.

Thanks for posting the video. Gave me a Sunday morning Ford horsepower fix! :D

Malcolm

3. Wesley

Wesley

How can you go wrong with a 60s convertible Merc with a cammer?

4. turdytoo

turdytoo

Here's a car owner that has what he wants and does'nt care who likes it or not. Hat's off to him. Not that he cares but, I love it.

5. Now, that's one ford engine I'd love to run in my 34 coupe.

6. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

He drives like a girl !....

I love those motors ! and you can use the timing chain as a jump rope .

7. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Very nice! I am anxious to find out how the aftermarket "kits" to build these engines perform.

Mike

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I tried for a few minutes to think of how that car could be more cool. I'm pretty sure it's maxed out on the cool-o-meter.

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Calling that Music is a gross understatement. Nothing else in this world sounds as good as a cammer.
    Well, at least nothing that can legally be done in public!

10. Hmm VERY nice....one of my dream motors those!

11. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Those have certain pop to them and oh so rare. Remember the sound from way back when a swedish guy used to race a soch in a Mustang. Pure music.

12. That thing is unreal. I'd go huntin for Corvettes.

13. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Id take it out of the car for starters......

That engine needs to be between open rails!!!

-Jason

14. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

Is "cammer" a type of motor from back then? Or just a motor with a lopey cam? Sounds wicked, makes me want to get back on mine!!

15. It's a single over head cam 427 ford. I think they sold them after-market for race cars. Very rare.

16. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

17. i remember seeing one in hot rod mag. years ago in a 61' ford starliner, the guy was from michigan somewhere and the lic plate said: S.O.H.C. what a cool fucking motor!

18. Cshabang

Cshabang

needs dog dishes..hahahahaha...I'm in love

19. Tony

Tony

WOW that thing sounds BADDDDDD!

20. SOHC = ruler. period.

21. TxRat

TxRat

1st time I have ever heard one. Now I NEED one..

22. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Talk about a sleeper....

My dream car: a SOHC in a '65 Falcon...and since I'm dreaming, an altered wheelbase Falcon (ala Phil Bonner's "Daddy Warbucks"...)

23. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

that guy from detroit was Ford Motorsport Technical Advisor "Big John" Vermeersch who runs Total Performance. back when that car was featured in HRM Total Performance was one of the few outlets for hardcore Ford race parts, as Vermeersch had worked for the racing program for Ford in the '60's and had many connections, now it is an SVO dealership in Clinton Township, Michigan. if you ever talk to him on the phone, know your shit, don't catch him on a bad day, and don't waste his time. he gets a little short with people like that.

24. glmke

glmke

That was just cool.love the car would love to see him light that merc. up

25. Stone

Stone

26. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Ya, that's one killer Mercury Marauder. It's a 4-speed too. I was just checking it out yesterday morning at the Donut Derelicts cruise in Huntington Beach. I love that he kept the stock flat hood; looks like quite a sleeper until you fire it up and hear it!!

27. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

If that doesn't fit in here, about half of us have to leave. Bitch'n.

28. isn't that motor worth 100k or so........also isn't that the mazda place in irvine?.

29. Yes it's the Ford-PAG-Mazda Campus in Irvine at Cars & Coffee yesterday morning - link to all the pics is on my website.

30. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

John is VERY knowledgable when it comes to Ford performance parts. Several years ago John gave me a tour of of his shop on Grossbech Highway. What a place it was. At that time John built all of the engines there that Ford Motorsports sold. A pretty impressive bunch of cars in there as well. Cobras, hot rods and old drag cars all over the place. He has a couple of cars with cammers motors in them. He just loves to just cruise around Michigan car shows so the guys can hear the sounds. One even has SOHC as the license plate.