Register now to get rid of these ads!

TOO MANY OFF TOPIC POSTS!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod54chevy, May 17, 2004.

1. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I'll stick up for him a bit. Today's pretty good. Friday I logged on and none of the top 25 posts had anything to do with hotrods. Just drama shit. I was looking for the Friday art show and didn't find it. I look foreward to the art even when it's a bit off topic because I respect the artists and where they're coming from. I also dig the progress pics, the tech, and the how the hell do I do this stuff questions. And because we all are kinda like a family, there's a place for people to let loose a little or some friendly chat too. Friday was truly depressing tho. I felt like I'd come back to the neighborhood and everyone had moved away. I didn't recognize the place. Nothing here at all but bitchy drama crap. I hope that's not the direction we're heading.

2. I know I still am new, but I think of the HAMB just like a real garage. Mostly talk about cars, but people still think about other things, and when they need help they ask friends.

If some one just bull shits about everything but cars, just ignore it if you don't like it, there is no law saying you don't have to answer people.

I will admit I enjoy half of the OT posts and think the other half are a waste of time, but oh well such is life.

I think this is what makes the HAMB, the HAMB. People helping people with questions and problems of the car kind, with the occasional info of the non vehicular kind.

And I really enjoy it, Thanks Ryan!! Keep up the good work.

Geno

3. mr.midnite

mr.midnite

we don't live in a vacuum. Uh, well, some of us don't

4. Satinblack

Satinblack

I bet it looks great! You can get alot of custom ideas by using the paper cutter and imagine your cutting some sheet metal. [​IMG]

5. Satinblack

Satinblack

LOL, its funny tho. I look at replys andthere is more for the OT stuff then the rest. hummmm makes you wonder. Maybe we should make a new section or site called HAMB OT [​IMG]

6. Solution:

-Motorcycle area
    -All the other shit area (Kulture, tat's, bitches & ho's, etc.)

Seems simple enough...but I'm no web designer so I really wouldn't know. All I know is that when I need an answer to damn near any question about damn near anything I can usually find it from someone here in about, oh, say ten minutes. That's just fuckin' rad!

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I live in a vacuum cleaner, an ORECK 8lb wonder.

8. I must live in a vaccuum. My life sucks.

9. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

I like corn. I like corn flakes and creamed corn and corn chips and corn dogs.
    I like hubcaps.

10. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

[ QUOTE ]
    I like corn. I like corn flakes and creamed corn and corn chips and corn dogs.
    I like hubcaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA

I like hubcaps, I like laundry, I like waffles, I like antfarms, I like recess, picnics and eating pork and beans

I like tin foil and bowties, I like carboard and moonpies, and when I'm soaking in the bathtub I like shooting submarines.

Shooting submarines.

Sorry, had to continue the brak

11. D Picasso

D Picasso

[quote
    We're not automatons that have singularly myopic existances that preclude other avenues of time wasting.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee whiz, Nads, speak for yourself- once my batteries get low I can't find my glasses.

12. [ QUOTE ]

Solution:

-Motorcycle area

Seems simple enough...

[/ QUOTE ]

We already have that.
    It's called: the rest of the Internet.
    Plenty of space for all those things that don't belong here.

13. I'd agree w/ you except I can't figure out how in the hell you're going to stop all of the motorcycle and other shit posts? You wanna' fill me in on your plan there boss? And don't even give me some shit line about Ryan just deleting off topic posts. He doesn't have time for that crap, nor does anyone else.

I think my solution is a little more realistic, but again, I'm not web designer.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Solution:

-Motorcycle area

Seems simple enough...

[/ QUOTE ]

We already have that.
    It's called: the rest of the Internet.
    Plenty of space for all those things that don't belong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

Starting OT post to end all OT post seems a little like fucking for virginity...

15. Gracie

Gracie

I love Nads and I don't care who knows... but really dear, you should shave those...

16. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

If the hamb were female genitalia, it'd be having a pretty chunky case of the CLAP right about now...

How does one express one's displeasure with the level of drama without said statement BEING drama?

17. 56olds-ERDY

56olds-ERDY

yeah theres a good one.dont listen to someones point simply beacuse of the way it is presented.since hes voicing his opinion in a new thread he must be some sort or hipocrite. sounds typical.
    im surprised no one has mentioned all the "dont bid against me on e-bay" crap.
    eric

18. [ QUOTE ]
    We're not automatons that have singularly myopic existances that preclude other avenues of time wasting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am. [​IMG]

Sam.

19. colorado51

colorado51

[ QUOTE ]
    Solution:

-Motorcycle area

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, and throw the mini-bike stuff in there too. JesusChrysler, just buy a real bike already! [​IMG]

And another thing, I pity the fool that bids against me on the e-gay! [​IMG]

20. <font color="red"> NADS I LOVE YOU ..WILL YOU HAVE MY BABY?

R E D M E A T </font>