Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowering a 1960 Amc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by littlehandegan, Dec 13, 2007.

1. littlehandegan

littlehandegan

Just picked up a 1960 American Rambler 4 dr. Wanting to lower it, any ideas, suggestions, opinions? Im new to this scene:D but ive always loved rat rods....Planning on running a 14 or 15 torque thrust...

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

First one to say ... LOOK OUT !

3. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

fresh meat , the vulters will be coming

4. Anyone want popcorn?

5. Can we make a HAMB-pact to actually help one of these lost souls? Ya know, spread the gospel a little? I feel like photochoppin...littlehandegan can you post a nice big picture of the side of your car? I'm gonna need some ammunition to talk you out of those TTs

6. littlehandegan

littlehandegan

I can get some pics up tomorow...it was just a thought on the TT's it has chevrolet rally steelies on it now....it rubs like a bitch with a person in the back seat....im only 16 so help me out im a newbie

7. let the air out of the tires.

8. Thumper

Thumper

:) Welcome........first off were not really a bad bunch.....but the "R" word doesnt really float around here. This place is full of fantastic fabricators, expert engine builders, good 'ole boys...good 'ole gals, visionaries, missionaries, sockfuckers, master bodymen, apprentice baiters, a few masterbaters, genuises, madmen, gearheads and guys that can figure anything out and make it work. Your a young guy and you've got the spirit of rodding in you, you'll do just fine. These guys will help.........if'n you lose the "R" rod shit :D. So.....now that bullshit is outta the way...post a pic of your sled so we can see what ya got to work with.

9. Big Dad

Big Dad

Well, the good news ..You have front seats that lay down
    no need to go to the back !

10. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

best description of how i see things 'round here. perfect.

...cool score btw.

will it be ferrari powered like this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

article: '60 Rambler wagon w/Ferrari engine

11. klemmy

klemmy
    from Hobart,IN

u could just cut the coils with a cut off wheel. my dad is a big Rambler guy (owned alot, worked at a dealer so he knows them), i'll ask him how he'd lower it.

12. littlehandegan

littlehandegan

I was hoping maybe cutting front springs with new shocks and a spring over in the back? Will have pics up soon thanks for the advice